Brisbane targeting a huge name key forward at end of 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

He could but calling him once in a lifetime is ridiculous at this stage.

I'm 29 y.o. and in my comparatively short life we've seen Lockett, Dunstall, Ablett Snr, Carey, Lloyd, N Riewoldt, Franklin, Richo, Brown, Tredrea, Fevola and countless others. He's not better than all of them just yet and it would surprise me greatly if he was by the time he finishes.

Could well finish above a few of them at least. The point is to get Cameron you are talking a Judd deal PLUS a better sweetener. KPF's are worth so much more than dime a dozen midfielders.

Could well finish above a few of them at least. The point is to get Cameron you are talking a Judd deal PLUS a better sweetener. KPF's are worth so much more than dime a dozen midfielders.
Unless they just walk to you via PSD/FA huh? or were you not following the swannies at that stage?

Agree with the idea that scarcity adds to their value and I can't see how a deal would get done but I still think you're going a little early with Cameron's fantastical ability calling him once in a lifetime.

Unless they just walk to you via PSD/FA huh? or were you not following the swannies at that stage?

Agree with the idea that scarcity adds to their value and I can't see how a deal would get done but I still think you're going a little early with Cameron's fantastical ability calling him once in a lifetime.

Pretty sure Cameron is contracted, if he isn't my memory is wrong as I have been a little under the weather the last couple of days. You would need an outrageous deal and you would sell the farm, just not worth it. No way would Cameron walk into the PSD anyway.

I said the same thing about Heppell when he was drafted. Cameron just screams 'elite' and 'game changer'.

He could but calling him once in a lifetime is ridiculous at this stage.

I'm 29 y.o. and in my comparatively short life we've seen Lockett, Dunstall, Ablett Snr, Carey, Lloyd, N Riewoldt, Franklin, Richo, Brown, Tredrea, Fevola and countless others. He's not better than all of them just yet and it would surprise me greatly if he was by the time he finishes.

check mate

Pretty sure Cameron is contracted, if he isn't my memory is wrong as I have been a little under the weather the last couple of days. You would need an outrageous deal and you would sell the farm, just not worth it. No way would Cameron walk into the PSD anyway.

I said the same thing about Heppell when he was drafted. Cameron just screams 'elite' and 'game changer'.

Cameron's out of contract at the end of this year.

Doggies were desperate though. Struggling on and off the field so they had to generate some interest... If cameron is on 1.2m a year he would easily be the most paid player in the league over the next 6 years. Lions can afford this with a few retirements in the next few years and possibly Berger (who apparently is on 600k+ a year) a chance to go home as a FA. Could be a 3 way deal with Adelaide IMO. Danger, Aish and lots of draft picks involved.

If we wanted to we could match that sort of offer. We'll have a mountain of cap space. It may come down to what happens this year and who steps up from our list. If a few really step up in a midfield type role it may make us more inclined to try to use our first pick on Cameron, rather than on the "mids" who are tipped to fill the first few spots in the draft. On the other hand, if someone like Spencer White starts to really show something up forward, along with Paddy McCartin, then we probably wouldn't need to bother spending that sort of cap space on someone like Cameron (as good as he is).

The other thing that needs to be taken into account is that after the next TV rights deal, it is quite likely that each club's salary cap will be greatly increased (if the AFLPA gets their way and the playing groups get a bigger % of the pie). If so, $1.2mil PA won't seem like such a big deal over the last few years of a long deal.

If Brisbane were to shake loose one of our players, it would probably be Day. Lynch is probably going to be our future captain and Dixon is our solid ruck/forward combo. Day has shown something in a few games, but he was rather frustrating at times last year also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doggies were desperate though. Struggling on and off the field so they had to generate some interest... If cameron is on 1.2m a year he would easily be the most paid player in the league over the next 6 years. Lions can afford this with a few retirements in the next few years and possibly Berger (who apparently is on 600k+ a year) a chance to go home as a FA. Could be a 3 way deal with Adelaide IMO. Danger, Aish and lots of draft picks involved.
I like the idea of berger going home. he isn't worth 600 not with his injuries. you recon aish will head back to SA? future captain

I like the idea of berger going home. he isn't worth 600 not with his injuries. you recon aish will head back to SA? future captain
well as long as he hasn't committed it's looking more and more likely imo. Last I heard he was looking to go back but the Lions have bumped up his contract offer by 100k a year. Who knows.

well as long as he hasn't committed it's looking more and more likely imo. Last I heard he was looking to go back but the Lions have bumped up his contract offer by 100k a year. Who knows.
if he does go. they'll atleast get something good for him. Plus there in a way better position now then when the "GO Home 5" left

if he does go. they'll atleast get something good for him. Plus there in a way better position now then when the "GO Home 5" left
Well nobody would want him to go back... he is a future captain as you said but if he did then I can see the Lions trying to work it into our favour... we desperately need a 60+ goal a year forward as our number 1 priority.

Well nobody would want him to go back... he is a future captain as you said but if he did then I can see the Lions trying to work it into our favour... we desperately need a 60+ goal a year forward as our number 1 priority.

If Aish was to go back and Luey also decided to go then it wouldn't be the end of the world. It is also a scenario that might not happen but if it were then it would leave us with a possible three first round picks, possible. Also with the allocated contractual money offered to Aish and Luey this in itself would be close to a million a year combined. Gives us a lot to bring the table depending on the likely target.

If Brisbane were to shake loose one of our players, it would probably be Day. Lynch is probably going to be our future captain and Dixon is our solid ruck/forward combo. Day has shown something in a few games, but he was rather frustrating at times last year also.
Maybe that's just wishful thinking on our part lol. Day is frustrating as hell to watch. Hopefully Rocket has sorted him out and he'll be good in 2015. Fingers crossed! (if he doesn't, Lions can have him)

Even if the Lions could equal the deal the Giants will throw at him. Unless they have allot more to give why would he move further north (when every vic seams to think he is home sick) and is an original at the Giants.
He could pocket 2m a year if the AFL gives us a free kick and name him an Ambassador... can only dream

No way he is our future captain. Half a dozen players ahead of him in that regard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back