Brisbane V North Melbourne at the Gabba Saturday 7:40 p.m. 28/06/2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Huh? Let me re-word that - I know because a good friend of mine is a colleague of hers, that within the fairfax stable, she is not well regarded - as in not astute in the slightest, air headed, irritating and seen as window dressing . I'm not sure what sort of evidence you want? Caro on the other hand, while not my favourite journalist, is regarded as the exact opposite of all of the above within fairfax.
You just threw a blanket statement of someone being a fraud. That's all. Even if true, I don't think that's fraudulent. Based on this thread, that's how she comes across to a lot of people.

No, I wasn't referring to her academic qualifications - more just how she is viewed within Fairfax.

No doubt its due somewhat to perceived nepotism, and fair enough - but this is how the world works (unfortunately)

I'm not, I hate Norf and everything associated with their club but I'm not going to sit here and blindly slag them off. I try not to reduce myself to the flogs on the Hot Topic Board.

The suggestion that Brad Scott stormed over to Rockliff (yes the same Brad Scott who has inspired a million meltdown gifs) got right in his face and then politely pulled him in line is something I find pretty funny though.

I'm not, I hate Norf and everything associated with their club but I'm not going to sit here and blindly slag them off. I try not to reduce myself to the flogs on the Hot Topic Board.

Even if Brad simply said to Rockliff 'well done, but be gracious in victory' - he really had no place doing that.

For him to lie/ignore the exchange even took place (much like Malthouse's much more serious incident years back) means he's definitely worthy of criticism.

The suggestion that Brad Scott stormed over to Rockliff (yes the same Brad Scott who has inspired a million meltdown gifs) got right in his face and then politely pulled him in line is something I find pretty funny though.
It's just the same as telling any story at the pub. The story will be better next week.

I have thorces close to the investigation who have told me that James Hird himself tied up Jobe Watson and injected him in the stomach with AOD.

Guess who I am?
Stephen dank

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott isn't going to say what he said to Rockliff.

He knows the media would jump on it. Malthouse schooled Scott very well.

Scott would have told the media, Tom Rockliff is a very, very good player in a very, very good team.

Rockliff starts an altercation by sooking and Harvey gets called a sook for retaliating. Only on BigFooty! ;)

What did Rockliff have to sook about? He beat Boomer.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Rockliff was even playing on Boomer.

I have no idea what Rockliff said to Harvey after the siren, but Rockliff did admit that what he said was out of order. I can think of no valid excuse to be a bad winner. Though, Harvey should have been mature enough to ignore Rockliff, but maybe both of them acted in the heat of the moment.

There is no conceivable reason why Scott should have said anything to Rockliff at all, though, once again, we don't know what was said. It seemed to me that Rockliff may have acknowledged to Scott that he (Rockliff) had been out of order in what he said to Harvey. This seemed to be in response to Scott having a go at Rockliff, but we still don't know what was said. In his presser, Scott seemed to imply that the conversation was about winning gracefully. If this were the case, it also appeared that Scott accepted his explanation and (maybe) apology. Bit of a tea in a stormcup really. It's a pity that such an irrelevant occurrence might overshadow what was an excellent game of footy, especially given the conditions.

Shame such a trivial incident is taking attention away from what I thought was an enjoyable game. Must admit haven't seen the Lions too much but was impressed with some of the youngsters. Seen Hanley play before so no surprise there, great game tonight. Taylor, Harwood and Bewick impressed and Aish will be a ripper.

Excellent pressure from the lions back and forward and forced some crucial turnovers.

Dal Santo is playing as well as he has for a few years. What happened to Greenwood, was he injured 2nd half?
Disappointing loss for the Roos.

Shame such a trivial incident is taking attention away from what I thought was an enjoyable game. Must admit haven't seen the Lions too much but was impressed with some of the youngsters. Seen Hanley play before so no surprise there, great game tonight. Taylor, Harwood and Bewick impressed and Aish will be a ripper.

Excellent pressure from the lions back and forward and forced some crucial turnovers.

Dal Santo is playing as well as he has for a few years. What happened to Greenwood, was he injured 2nd half?
Disappointing loss for the Roos.

Rockliff beat him. His last qtr really steadied us from dropping more goals.

Instead of actually talking about the game, people would rather talk about an incident that happens every time on a footy field.

Good win by my boys. North piled on the pressure, but the experienced guys got us over the line. Hanley, Martin and Patfull three massive reasons why we won tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back