Remove this Banner Ad

Dredd

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham
Same draft. Similar players. good friends. rivals.

Who's better? who has more potential to be the better player?

Smiths obviously the more accomplished player atm

But polecs ceiling is as high as anyone. So it's not unfeasibile to think he could become better. Especially since he has had more
Midfield exposure

Yeah, Polec is decent but it's not even close at this stage. Even when Polec was receiving all that praise at the start of the season (and deservedly so) Smith had him pretty comfortably covered in my opinion.

Currently Smith. Some of Polecs games in 2014 were very impressive though. Consistency is the only reason I put Smith ahead.

Dom PC- Do you think Polec is the better player now or does he have greater potential than Smith?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like Smith and at 194cm he has as much potential as anyone.

No way is he 194cm. Smith has the better exposed form, however, Polec's first full season was pretty impresssive.

No way is he 194cm. Smith has the better exposed form, however, Polec's first full season was pretty impresssive.
He is 194 cm. Makes it all the more impressive.
947254-8b1e24f6-3e35-11e4-838b-bf46f1dce380.jpg

nearly as tall as a key defender

Brodie Smith by a fair margin. Polec is a very solid player but hasn't gone to another level yet.

Smith has a better penetrating kick (longer and flatter) and looks to run faster. Polec I think has more creativity in his kick (kicking on the outside of the boot at right angles) and showed plenty of assist skills by hand. Certainly both are in the elite kicking class but I'd give it to Smith right now.

Back