'BT' and Darcy: The Worst Commentary Team in History?

Remove this Banner Ad

I've sure learnt a fair bit about security guards tonight, thanks to the one and only "Commentate-On-Anything-Except-The-Footy" BT...
Yeah, and they keep cutting to the guard so someone is encouraging him to do it.

Within the space of a few minutes he called Merrett, Watson and then Ambrose 'Dell'Olio'. Every time I don't think BT can sink to a new low he somehow manages to do it.

They were trying to talk about Joe Daniher last night in the post game show and within the space of 60 seconds Darcy used the old "I love the way he goes about it" line twice and Richo used it once. That's seemingly all the expert comment they could offer about him.

I get the impression he does it under duress.

Possibly. Now that you mention it, he was the one boundary rider who let the commentators know why it was a ****ed idea for him to have to try to get a few words out of a star player, as he came to the interchange bench for a rest. I'm paraphrasing, but one day he just said something like:

'It's hard enough for the guy having to run around like he does and then he gets a microphone shoved in his face as soon as he comes off for a few seconds, while he's trying to catch his breath.'

Yep, spot on, Richo.

Within the space of a few minutes he called Merrett, Watson and then Ambrose 'Dell'Olio'. Every time I don't think BT can sink to a new low he somehow manages to do it.

I've got one for you, he just called Salem "Toumpas" and Toumpas isn't even playing today. Farking flog he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is about Saturday Night Footy

What's so embarrassing about that footage where Richo tells that blonde woman his height? They keep showing that.

BT clearly on the wane if 3AWs latest footy ratings anything to go by. Article posted in the SEN thread show how 3AW have had a big dip this season, especially the Friday night and Saturday arvo results when BT is on.

Is BT as bad at names with his radio commentary?

BT clearly on the wane if 3AWs latest footy ratings anything to go by. Article posted in the SEN thread show how 3AW have had a big dip this season, especially the Friday night and Saturday arvo results when BT is on.

He is clearly on the nose , I've always found him worse on tv as well.. But if AW are starting to drop it will be interesting to see the fallout

That's the thing, if you're only listening to the game on radio you'd never know.

Which is where the "BT would be much better on TV if just called like radio" myth comes from. I'd say he would make as many mistakes on radio, it's just that we don't necessary vision to call him on it.

I just watched talking footy honestly this darcy is just an utter dosh. opens the show talking how Melbourne lost no admires despite losing to collinwoid today.
is this * head for real I got news for you the dees scored only three goals for the game I turned the game off at half time.
can't believe this guy gets paid to air his opinion overated plodder as a play and an absolute oxygen thief as a football commentator or what ever the fick he thinks he is. flog of the highest order.

I just watched talking footy honestly this darcy is just an utter dosh. opens the show talking how Melbourne lost no admires despite losing to collinwoid today.
is this **** head for real I got news for you the dees scored only three goals for the game I turned the game off at half time.
can't believe this guy gets paid to air his opinion overated plodder as a play and an absolute oxygen thief as a football commentator or what ever the fick he thinks he is. flog of the highest order.

Darcy is by far the worst of all the football commentators/personalities (and there are some real shockers). Adds absolutely nothing to any of the shows/broadcasts he is on, yet carries himself with an intolerable smugness. I basically don't watch Talking Footy because of his presence on the show.

That's the thing, if you're only listening to the game on radio you'd never know.

Which is where the "BT would be much better on TV if just called like radio" myth comes from. I'd say he would make as many mistakes on radio, it's just that we don't necessary vision to call him on it.

spot on!

I've been watching these World Cup games.. I really am confused about the commentary.
Firstly there is just one main caller and they actually call the game going on- what gives?
There is no supporting cast to talk about players hairs, fango, how we'll someone is going about something they are doing, or security guards.. It's quite off putting.
And not a wowee, dukes, or oh boy, or big boy, anywhere.
It's terrible

Signed
*ed channel seven loyal viewer....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back