'BT' and Darcy: The Worst Commentary Team in History?

Remove this Banner Ad

Darcy after Thomas kicked a goal in the 3rd qtr "He points up to the sky and says where have you been ?"

View attachment 78442

Gee Darc,do you think the fact he kept kissing his black armband and pointing to the sky after the goal might actually be a reference to someone close to him has recently died ?
Why are they so obsessed with telling us what a player is saying?*

*Actually, they have no idea what a playing is saying or thinking at any point in time.

Last edited:

Darcy's bad enough in the commentary box but when you say things like the following on Talking Footy... "This is in real time" (whilst showing slow motion footage of Hamish Hartlett struggling to his mouth guard out)... you have to wonder if he's an early case of dementia.

Darcy's bad enough in the commentary box but when you say things like the following on Talking Footy... "This is in real time" (whilst showing slow motion footage of Hamish Hartlett struggling to his mouth guard out)... you have to wonder if he's an early case of dementia.

No fan of Darcy but it was in real time I thought :confused:

I think you'll find that most people think that ''the blowtorch' and 'say that again' are the most riveting, rating smashing, brutal and hard hitting segments on TV.

Awesome viewing...
Say that again?

Some self-blowtorching wouldn't go astray...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL, who watches Talking Footy?
People who see real-time as slow motion.

lol I like when duck and watto make fun of each other, but that's about it.

The thing I absolutely cannot stand with any of these footy shows is the guest segment. Seriously, next time just put a mannequin dressed in a suit in the chair and play a random mix of pre-recorded clichés, truisms and platitudes:

"Yeah, nah, yeah, nah, oohhh yeeeeaahh, ahh naaahhh mate, look, we'll just take it one week at a time and give 110%, 90% of the time. Full credit to Shano, full credit to Smitho, bloke-o, and mate-o, they're all ornaments to the game, we're under the pump, we're keeping a lid on things, full credit to all the boys, full credit to the other team, full credit to the company that gave me this free fitted suit. Yeeahh nah toyota are a wonderful sponsor don't get me wrong, they give 110%, full credit to them and the new corolla they just gave me, we couldn't do it without the sponsors."

Darcy: Say that again?
Watson: That's really fascinating
Duck: You look like Harry Potter in those glasses Watto trololol

Last edited:
BT and Darce barely noticed the team in white jumpers last night.

They wanted the Dockers to win bad. Very flat in the last as the white jumpers got on top.

I don't normally pay attention to BT because he rarely calls Port games, but his commentary last night was distracting in it's incompetence. I thought his most insightful moment was when he said that, something was going to happen in the second half. Something often happens in the second half? Great game apart from the commentary.

If only we could just have the crowd noise, it would be a much more enjoyable experience to watch. Especially with a game like last night, where commentary is not required to make the game seem more appealing.

BT and Darce barely noticed the team in white jumpers last night.

They wanted the Dockers to win bad. Very flat in the last as the white jumpers got on top.
That is standard for BT, has always seemed to barrack for the Dockers when calling their games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back