List Mgmt. Cam McCarthy Requests Trade to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will move on and play regardless of if he's traded or not. If he sulks for two years then Freo wont want him anymore when he comes out of contract.
Freo should meet with Cam for a "coffee" and leave behind a brown paper bag (wink wink) and suggest that higher skinfolds and no offseason running improves performance. That beer and Hungry Jacks is good for recovery during the season. Freo can then pick Cam up on the cheap next trade period.

Hi Chris
what's a good deal for Bennell, GC want first round pick but Freo won't give them it because they want to use it for McCarthy.
Bit strange Gold Coast are desperate to get rid of the bloke but won't accept what Freo are offering considering no one else wants him.

• e1559ca4-40d3-4039-bcc6-59ff1f7a0ebf.jpg

Chris Vernuccio
    2nd round pick a good deal for a player they want to get rid of and one no other club (apart for Freo) seems to be entertaining

October 13 2015 3:32 PM
Chris, Whats you view on the McCarthy situation? Looks a big long shot at this stage... What would be fare trade?

e1559ca4-40d3-4039-bcc6-59ff1f7a0ebf.jpg

Chris Vernuccio
very messy...GWS says he's happy in sydney, his manager says he wants to be in perth...who do you believe? Dockers' offer of two first round picks is a very, very generous offer

Maybe we need to give up on Cam for the time being. Just go back to what should have been Plan A all along - draft some good young talls and develop. Still have'nt come to terms with passing on Lever and Goddard last year.

In the meantime grab Black from North and maybe take a punt on a mature aged tall like Hartley, Grimley or Brown. If we can release Pearce A to the forward line and get Fyfe to play more down there then we should be ok in the near term.

What say ye all

Maybe we need to give up on Cam for the time being. Just go back to what should have been Plan A all along - draft some good young talls and develop. Still have'nt come to terms with passing on Lever and Goddard last year.

In the meantime grab Black from North and maybe take a punt on a mature aged tall like Hartley, Grimley or Brown. If we can release Pearce A to the forward line and get Fyfe to play more down there then we should be ok in the near term.

What say ye all

Chase McCarthy. If we know by about Wednesday next week that it isn't going to happen then move our focus over to Casboult and Black as well as your plan of drafting talls. (if they are any good)

Chase McCarthy. If we know by about Wednesday next week that it isn't going to happen then move our focus over to Casboult and Black as well as your plan of drafting talls. (if they are any good)
Ha, I reckon we can get Casboult and McCarthy if we really wanted too.

Ha, I reckon we can get Casboult and McCarthy if we really wanted too.

I think we could too.

It really just depends if anyone is interested in guys like Mzungu, Hannath etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What say ye all

Its only day 2, plenty of time to play the poker face

As others have said I reckon we could get Casboult and Black if needed

Why would North want to trade Black unless he is no good?

The rationale for GWS trading McCarthy has always sounded flimsy to me. If they can afford to hold him i don't think they lose anything.

Casboult versus Griffin would be the selection issue, and it really is not that big a deal. Carlton won't be giving him away either.

Freo should meet with Cam for a "coffee" and leave behind a brown paper bag (wink wink) and suggest that higher skinfolds and no offseason running improves performance. That beer and Hungry Jacks is good for recovery during the season. Freo can then pick Cam up on the cheap next trade period.

Or just do a slow drive by and tell him to jump in.
Followed a few weeks later by a surprise first ever use of pick 125.

BF Cam.jpg

Why would North want to trade Black unless he is no good?
  • He is on a large contract
  • Behind Petrie, Brown and Waite in pecking order
  • Clearly he is unhappy
  • I think they would have concerns over his ability to play post injury
Just because one club thinks he is no good doesn't mean he is, they clearly thought he could play two years ago.

No idea who this Trade Whisperer bloke is, but FWIW:

The Trade Whisperer
‏@AFLTradeWhisper
6h6 hours ago
GWS have every right to be defensive given the players they've lost, but the "everything's great, they all want to stay" line? Way off

The Trade Whisperer ‏@AFLTradeWhisper 6h6 hours ago
Freo have a deal for Casboult ready to go if McCarthy falls through #AFLTrades #NABTradeRadio

The Trade Whisperer ‏@AFLTradeWhisper 59m59 minutes ago
Add Freo's Zac Clarke to the list of players Carlton have identified as potential recruits #AFLTrades #NABTradeRadio

The Trade Whisperer ‏@AFLTradeWhisper 56m56 minutes ago
Consider Shane Kersten a low likelihood target for Freo. If they can't get McCarthy, I expect Aaron Black to become a Docker #AFLTrades

The Trade Whisperer
‏@AFLTradeWhisper
6h6 hours ago
GWS have every right to be defensive given the players they've lost, but the "everything's great, they all want to stay" line? Way off

Freo have a deal for Casboult ready to go if McCarthy falls through #AFLTrades #NABTradeRadio

Add Freo's Zac Clarke to the list of players Carlton have identified as potential recruits #AFLTrades #NABTradeRadio

Consider Shane Kersten a low likelihood target for Freo. If they can't get McCarthy, I expect Aaron Black to become a Docker #AFLTrades

Who is this w***er? Pretty confident he is full of crap and has no source and basing everything there on his opinion.

The Trade Whisperer
‏@AFLTradeWhisper
6h6 hours ago

Clarke to Carlton for Casboult. Hang on to Griff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back