Toast Carlton defeat West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of the form on the WC board - how do people follow any sport with this outlook? Admittedly this poster is extreme. Plenty of them get that they were beaten fair and square.

thylacine60 said:
Should have got a free? That's you being the umpire. How many times do you see an incident from another POV and realise you got it wrong? Anyway, enough from me. I fully expected to lose yesterday and loved the win. Just always disappointed when opposition supporters can't give my team any credit other than umpires.

I will say it again.
Carlton were so s**t it took us kicking 17 behinds and the umpires guiding you so much momentum through a rainbow of bias for you to win. You can't get any credit for that. If we had kicked straight we would have won by 10 goals as some of your supporters predicted through the week.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Some of the form on the WC board - how do people follow any sport with this outlook? Admittedly this poster is extreme. Plenty of them get that they were beaten fair and square.

thylacine60 said:
Should have got a free? That's you being the umpire. How many times do you see an incident from another POV and realise you got it wrong? Anyway, enough from me. I fully expected to lose yesterday and loved the win. Just always disappointed when opposition supporters can't give my team any credit other than umpires.

I will say it again.
Carlton were so s**t it took us kicking 17 behinds and the umpires guiding you so much momentum through a rainbow of bias for you to win. You can't get any credit for that. If we had kicked straight we would have won by 10 goals as some of your supporters predicted through the week.

And had we played in Perth the umpires would've gifted them the game. Pot, kettle, black - don't waste your time on them.

I was respectful and all. Just incredible denial as though it was somehow our fault they kicked so badly. Which was the game we kicked 1.7 in the last quarter, Richmond? That was our fault, we lost the match fair and square. As for umpires....

I was respectful and all. Just incredible denial as though it was somehow our fault they kicked so badly. Which was the game we kicked 1.7 in the last quarter, Richmond? That was our fault, we lost the match fair and square. As for umpires....
I thought we lost the Richmond game because we were playing another coach's game plan....:confused:o_O

MEEENNNNNNZZZEEEELLLLLL..!!!!

Yup, still goosebumps more than 24 hours later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished with the replay, and somehow it seemed more nerve-wracking second time around :confused:. Good on us for taking our chances and everything, and a very even spread of contributors... but jeez, we had some luck. You make your own luck, I suppose, but I think we'll find it harder to come by against Collingwood.

He was overlooked in the general excitement, but Warnock's last 10 minutes were immense, when he should have been dead on his feet from the double-team. Tap work was A1, not just the (perfect) setup for Buckley's goal, but a couple of other stoppages as well. And he won the contested ground-ball against Naitanui at the top of the defensive goal-square, when he absolutely had to. Great stuff 206 - skill and courage :thumbsu:

Watching the last 5 minutes for the 8th time

Did anyone notice how we got our last few goals

Boundary line!
Mick was right, the game plan hasn't changed

Thomas tight rope-ing the boundary line
Murphy raking three bounces down the wing
Gibbs making a contest on the wing earliar
The Touhy fifty was from boundary footy

I think believe it or not, we are running along the boundary

And it worked!

Probably because we had the likes of Lucas, Gibbs, Murphy, Thomas as the ones delivering down the wings I.e our elite kicks

Watching the last 5 minutes for the 8th time

Did anyone notice how we got our last few goals

Boundary line!
Mick was right, the game plan hasn't changed

Thomas tight rope-ing the boundary line
Murphy raking three bounces down the wing
Gibbs making a contest on the wing earliar
The Touhy fifty was from boundary footy

I think believe it or not, we are running along the boundary

And it worked!

Probably because we had the likes of Lucas, Gibbs, Murphy, Thomas as the ones delivering down the wings I.e our elite kicks

The Tuohy 50 was in the corridor.

However yes, we are playing boundary footy when coming out of the back half, then looking for corridor options. If none are there, we continue along the boundary and either kick to the top of the square or look for a contested mark or killing of the ball over the boundary inside 50 so we can set up at the stoppage again. The reason the game plan looks different is because we are playing on constantly now and buying ourselves time and space.

The Tuohy 50 was in the corridor.

However yes, we are playing boundary footy when coming out of the back half, then looking for corridor options. If none are there, we continue along the boundary and either kick to the top of the square or look for a contested mark or killing of the ball over the boundary inside 50 so we can set up at the stoppage again. The reason the game plan looks different is because we are playing on constantly now and buying ourselves time and space.

We aren't afraid to hit the short target now as well.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thylacine60 said:

I will say it again.

Hilarious they talk umpires, have they checked their home record for umpiring lately.....also sellwoods, shuey and darling on that one occasion milk frees all day long.

Similar form from some posters on the main board but by and large they have been good.

Cox just stood 5m away from the ball up & allowed Warnock to tap it to Lucas who got it to Bucks. Unbelievable.

Hilarious they talk umpires, have they checked their home record for umpiring lately.....also sellwoods, shuey and darling on that one occasion milk frees all day long.

Similar form from some posters on the main board but by and large they have been good.

Biggest knee droppers. Blair for the ferals belongs with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't go that far, but pretty sure I saw them swinging the posts at times which couldn't have made it easy.
They like swinging posts over there don't they?.
Or pinging the most
Or "singing the last post"
Anzac love

Well * me sideways... When my connection died yesterday, while on the way to Northern Ireland, we were running out of legs in the third and looked like we were going to lose...

And then I was looking through my FB feeds and I start seeing all these strange pictures that made it look like we'd won. So I checked here... And we had beaten the west coke e-girls in a thriller...

When I get home, the replay is going on and I am going to watch the second half...

Well **** me sideways... When my connection died yesterday, while on the way to Northern Ireland, we were running out of legs in the third and looked like we were going to lose...

And then I was looking through my FB feeds and I start seeing all these strange pictures that made it look like we'd won. So I checked here... And we had beaten the west coke e-girls in a thriller...

When I get home, the replay is going on and I am going to watch the second half...
HAPPY DAYS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back