Cats plan to erase debt

Remove this Banner Ad

The pisser is the AFL know full well the tax is disproportionate, that Etihad games * us, and that we are cash tight, but yet they persist in giving us 2 home games there at a 500k loss per event. Just fir fun.

Good to see Cook and Co go at it head on and be on the front foot about trying to get it sorted out but it seems one step forward 2 steps back. and the aFL just sit there and laugh about it.

Pricks.

Go Catters

Just ask Costa & Rex Gorrell for the do$h

Or ask a bank to write off the debt again

Football clubs ( im talking all AFL clubs are the same ) - most of them couldnt give a stuff about the supporters - unless the liquidators are just about to change the locks - then they come begging to the supporters

I can remember when Allan Jones held a public rally one Sunday morning in Martin Place - trying to get some financial donations for the Swans - after Edelsten left them in an absolute mess - so if you donated they happily took your money

What i would like is Cook to open the books completely - including what he is getting - what everyone is getting. Im allways intrigued what a football manager ( alah Balme and Hocking) does to fill in the hours for a total week - watch training perhaps !! - i mean its a gravy train

Neale Danniher ( and i wish him all the best with his health) was getting 500k a year as football manager for WCE - that is ridiculous money - pure wastage

Cook and co wont want to release the figures - because the figures will be very raw - its a bit like if you were a carpenter and were getting 60 to 70K a year - well you couldnt give a feuck who knew about that - but if you were a carpenter and were getting 400k a year - you wouldnt want anyone to know !!!

Neale Danniher ( and i wish him all the best with his health) was getting 500k a year as football manager for WCE - that is ridiculous money - pure wastage
Agree but the problem is someone else will always pay it.

Too often a club waits till its in a bad position to do this... its smart I feel to be proactive.. Reduce debt now helps float us thru till the stadium is back to max revenue ..and we are doing it before we look like Oliver with his empty bowl...
Reduce the interest payments and already we are 100,000's infront

But isn't the stadium owned by the Council??? And funny how they couldn't ask for help from supporters in 1999 when we had a debt due to........ oh that's right the Stands.
And I think as members we have a right to ask for a full disclosure - Business Plan for stands that will hold 40,000 when the biggest crowd we get is 27,000, the AFLs view on whether they will schedule bigger drawing games at Geelong and what happened to the failed $1.9m loss, Armstrong Creek venture- before we are even asked to dip into our pockets. Feels like they want to talk to us only now that they are in a financial pickle.

But isn't the stadium owned by the Council??? And funny how they couldn't ask for help from supporters in 1999 when we had a debt due to........ oh that's right the Stands.
And I think as members we have a right to ask for a full disclosure - Business Plan for stands that will hold 40,000 when the biggest crowd we get is 27,000, the AFLs view on whether they will schedule bigger drawing games at Geelong and what happened to the failed $1.9m loss, Armstrong Creek venture- before we are even asked to dip into our pockets. Feels like they want to talk to us only now that they are in a financial pickle.
Didn't they ask Mr Popescu back in 1999?
From memory he kept the place afloat for a period there when things looked really grim.
We didn't loose any money to the Armstrong Creek non move, the club was going to be given the training centre for contra advertising rights weren't we?

Didn't they ask Mr Popescu back in 1999?
From memory he kept the place afloat for a period there when things looked really grim.
We didn't loose any money to the Armstrong Creek non move, the club was going to be given the training centre for contra advertising rights weren't we?
We did write off $1.9m real or otherwise it appeared on out bottom line. And yes Popescu and Bendigo Bank saved us last time. Perhaps we could sell more pavers, which we would buy and then they can disappear just like the last lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back