Preview Changes and discussion vs GWS. Round 23, 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would also like to know Roughead's condition - he's been playing with this shoulder for weeks.

And he rucked last week!!!! Opposition clubs know the state of the injury list, a pity the Club is not honest with those who stump up the money each season. Even some explanation of the plan of playing small in defence and attack for every game would inform us of the brains behind the MC thinking.

WBulldogs v GWS;
Interchange; Roberts, Hrovat, Minson, Young.
Emergencies; Tutt, Jones, Jong.
Minson, Roberts, Young in for Roughead, Cordy, Jong.

Interesting, I like those changes for Footscray. Get Jong back into the middle and Cordy / Fort ruck combo.

Really looking forward to watching Fletch at AFL level again, and see how the Campbell / Minson combo goes.

It's always funny seeing selections. No matter who plays everyone will still complain about something, but unfortunately there is only 22 spots each week. It's the same people who wanted Cooney as sub, and then complained when he was sub and had no impact. The same people who wanted Jones never to wear the jumper again, but complain when he wasn't promoted after some good VFL performances. The same people who wanted Campbell in all year, then when he was complain that he can't run out a game. Etc etc.
As I said, funny to watch :)

Yeah, those changes are pretty straightforward...

Would have liked Roberts to play in the VFL final though. But he also deserves an AFL game.

So we have replaced one stuffed shoulder with another. Follows the usual inexplicable MC logic.

But could there be one last surprise twist in the season from the inscrutable Masters of Confusion (MC)? We are all assuming Minson is in for Cordy and Roberts for Roughead but is it possible that Campbell will ruck the whole game with some help from Jones, while Minson will stay in the twos? Or perhaps Tutt will come in for Cordy? And Young for Roughead?

Anything's possible.

I will raise your questions when they have the Q & A at the next social club function. i.e

"Supporters are getting frustrated with team selections. Can you give some reasons why..." and I'll quote all the complaints Bigfooty posters have been whining about for the past 3 years. I'll let them know they're known as the "Masters of Confusion".

It's always funny seeing selections. No matter who plays everyone will still complain about something, but unfortunately there is only 22 spots each week. It's the same people who wanted Cooney as sub, and then complained when he was sub and had no impact. The same people who wanted Jones never to wear the jumper again, but complain when he wasn't promoted after some good VFL performances. The same people who wanted Campbell in all year, then when he was complain that he can't run out a game. Etc etc.
As I said, funny to watch :)

I share in your mirth. Also amuses me these same people don't have the cajones to talk to MC members when they see them and tell 'em off in a constructive way of course.

This side looks slowish to me. I'd say we are banking on experience to get us over the line in this one.

And giving 2 players one game last week and another 2 players one game at the end of the year suggests what? To assist in developing programs for them over the break? Or confirm they are remain on the list or depart? Who knows.

Full backL PickenM AustinS Higgins
Half backR MurphyD MorrisJ Johannisen
CentrelineK StevensM BoydA Cooney
Half forwardJ MacraeS CrameriM Bontempelli
Full forwardL DahlhausJ StringerD Giansiracusa
FollowersT CampbellR GriffenT Liberatore
InterchangeF RobertsN HrovatW Minson
T Young
EmergenciesJ TuttL JonesL Jong

Happy with the changes. Glad Roughs done for the year, good to see Roberts get in and hopefully Austin has a good game. Probably his last chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I share in your mirth. Also amuses me these same people don't have the cajones to talk to MC members when they see them and tell 'em off in a constructive way of course.
Send 'em up here and I'll have a heart to heart with them over a beer (my shout!) ;)

Can't wait to see Moz give one of these baby Giants a bath.

Whatever assessment we make of the MC's behaviour, I have never before seen a season in which so many comings, goings and going nowheres has provided such a conundrum.
Gotta reward the vfl players.

Roberts might spend a lot of time forward tomorrow. Austin should be taking boyd and Morris to McCarthy. They have a particularly small setup tomorrow although Tomlinson will move forward as he is listed in the backpocket. Means roberts goes back to boyd, Austin to McCarthy and Morris to Tomlinson.

QUOTE="Igloo, post: 34781357, member: 80205"]Yeah, those changes are pretty straightforward...

Would have liked Roberts to play in the VFL
final though. But he also deserves an AFL
game.[/QUOTE]
when it comes down to it vfl is 2nd fiddle to afl I sure Roberts would much rather be playing in the main game as opposed to a vfl final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back