Changes for 4th Test in Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
According to The Age Watto is an unlikely starter. With Mitchell Starc performing so impressively I'm thinking the same 11 for Adelaide. The temptation will be to play Lyon. However, his performances against India haven't been overly impressive and Starc - the most likely to miss - would be really stiff.

Of course I'd be more than happy for Wade to replace Haddin.;)

if it's a fairy typical Adelaide pitch then there is no way they go in with 4 quicks.

It's not as if we have a ready made 'A' grade spinner. And the way Mitchell made the pill talk at times in this match I'd prefer him to Lyon.

Also, can't see why Clarke can't fill the spinners role if required. And I believe Warner bowls a pretty mean leggy.

Give Haddin a bowl. Surely he can't be shittier than his batting or keeping? might as well see if he is of some use in the test side besides collecting his undeserved pay-cheque.

Give Haddin a bowl. Surely he can't be shittier than his batting or keeping? might as well see if he is of some use in the test side besides collecting his undeserved pay-cheque.

Even the skipper Clarke who is one of his best mates, took a hanger over the top of the stop gap keeper at first slip knowing he would not get a glove on the nick.... Bad Hackin

I think Starc for Lyon would be the only change. Would love anyone in for Haddin, even Spitting Fatty Smith. Don't see any point resting Hilf or Siddle with both unlikely to feature in the short form. Lack of shield cricket and Watto injured helps Marsh to stay in but he would need to considerably outperform Cowan in Adelaide to keep his place.

"Nathan Lyon will certainly come back into the team given conditions in Adelaide are generally flatter and spin a lot more than what we’ve seen here in Perth.

^^quote from clarke^^.

clarke clearly doesn't fancy bowling himself unless he has no choice so he was always going to want 3 quicks/1 spinner at adelaide, assuming they don't rest a senior quick you would think the only change would be lyon in for starc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nathan Lyon will certainly come back into the team given conditions in Adelaide are generally flatter and spin a lot more than what we’ve seen here in Perth

No ifs-n-buts there from Clarke. Doesn’t look all that promising for Mitch.
Clarke expressed confidence in struggling pair Shaun Marsh, who has scored only 14 runs at 3.50 in the series, and wicketkeeper/batsman Brad Haddin who is also out of form with the bat (33 at 11.00).

Sorry JUBJUB looks like, Marsh is safe. Haddin too.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/india-rocked-by-dhoni-suspension-20120115-1q19v.html

I know that they fill in different positions, the selectors must pick players in accordance to the conditions and there is a different quality of depth in their positions, but its so unjust that Haddin keeps putting in subpar performances (admittedly, this test wasn't so bad with the gloves) and maintains his spot, whilst Starc is dropped after his second test on the back of a very good performance.

That's cricket i guess

I know that they fill in different positions, the selectors must pick players in accordance to the conditions and there is a different quality of depth in their positions, but its so unjust that Haddin keeps putting in subpar performances (admittedly, this test wasn't so bad with the gloves) and maintains his spot, whilst Starc is dropped after his second test on the back of a very good performance.

That's cricket i guess

Starc performed far better this test than I've seen in his previous games and his shield appearances that I managed to see.

I think a bit like Lehmann a decade ago, this fellow is coming along at the wrong time.

His selection is based on injury and a need for 4 pacemen, a good decision in the end. I would have erred and included Lyon. (TBH I would take o'keefe if could :p)

with a full set of bowlers to select from he'll slip down the order.

Cummins is clearly 'the chosen one' given his test selection on the basis of a 20 over game, and pattinson similarly has been given the tap on the shoulder and told he's got a test career on the basis of a handful of good FC games.

Siddle is in such good form at the moment it would be obscene to drop him.

Hilfenhaus is in brilliant and dominant form he's got the indians rattled.

harris has 50 odd wickets at 18, how can you even think of leaving him out. Bowled well without luck this match, could easily have had 2 or 3 more wickets.

that said, starc has had 1 good game and a couple of ordinary ones, and it was the WACA. Would have to prove himself further in shield cricket or depend on injuries to ensure continued selection.

Lyon has a swag of wickets at 25 ish which is damn impressive given his ordinary shield form and the fact he's an offie.

Good chance now that the series is secured to give Lyon even more experience against some of the best in the world. Get him in there.

Rest Siddle, not needed to risk injury bowling for 2 days on the highway

Lyon will definately play being his home ground and no one else wants to bowl 50-60 overs

No chance in hell of Haddin missing given they dont want to give Wade a chance to prove he is better than him, will have to wait for T20Is and ODIs to do that

Lyon has gotta come in, and he's gotta bowl a ****-load of overs... as in basically not be taken off once the ball wears down a bit. i'd bring him on about the 20 over mark and i'd basically have him bowling non stop, bar a brief break, till we tak the new ball at the 80 over mark.

we need to start finding out more of what lyon is about.

for mine, lyon is our number one priority of this test.

Warner
Cowan
Marsh
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Wade*
Siddle
Harris
Hilfenhaus
Lyon

* What should happen but wont.

In 2 years I'd like to see...

Warner
Cowan
Marsh
Watson
Clarke
Wade
McDonald
O'Keefe/Lyon
Pattinson
Siddle
Cummins

Rest Siddle, not needed to risk injury bowling for 2 days on the highway

Lyon will definately play being his home ground and no one else wants to bowl 50-60 overs

No chance in hell of Haddin missing given they dont want to give Wade a chance to prove he is better than him, will have to wait for T20Is and ODIs to do that

I think there is a very strong chance of this happening. He's the only bowler of the group to have played every test this year and will be needed for the one day stuff too. Based on that Paul Marsh has spoken about the bowler fitness and rotation program a very good chance Siddle will not play the last test.

Starc out - Lyon in.
Haddin out - Wade/Nevill/Hartley/Paine even with one hand/Anyone at all in.

Extremely unfair on Starc since he played well and doesn't deserve to be dropped but will be, whereas Haddin deserves to be dropped but won't be.

Maybe Haddin out - Lyon in and share the gloves around, swapping every 10 or so overs like in the under 14's.

Edit: ^^^ Actually that would be a good idea I reckon. Give Siddle a well earned rest and allow Starc to stay in with his confidence up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back