Changes for Rnd 22 v GWS (out 7, 8, 17, 20, 32, 34; in: 2, 10, 18, 24, 31, 41)

Remove this Banner Ad

In Bucks' grandstand interview he confirmed that he has been told that Pendles, Cloke, Beams and Reid will be out for the season.

I don't know Elliott's status, but if he's out as well, that's basically our five best players out.
Doesn't matter to me who we have out. We play whoever dons the Collingwood guernsey. We need to arrest a slide that began several weeks ago and we need to make a statement to the fans that we have been playing unacceptable football. That means treating this weekend's game against GWS as our GF for this season. No more playing players behind the contest Nathan. No attempts to fill invisible holes on the field. Just basic man on man football with 18 players on the field each with a battle plan and no backward step please. Playing to win, not playing not to lose. Then we might actually win. Worry about Hawthorn after we beat GWS.

W
I'd keep playing Witts, but alter the percentage of time he plays in the ruck. There's not much point resting him with two games left in the year, and we are pretty much right out of talks to replace him. If we drop Witts, I think that means we have to play all of White, Gault and Lynch. Witts, even buggered, is going to offer at least as much and is more important to keep getting games into than any of those.

Play both him and Grundy, but play Witts out of the goal square for 50% of the game.
Witts is stuffed.

few things i would like to see in this game
- lumumba learning to control the backline (he really needs to develop his leaderhsip skills)
-swan(fulltime in the midfield)
-goldsack fwd
-blair to hit the scoreboard

We have seen this for the majority of the season and both players have failed to contribute on the scoreboard.

They are all hustle and no finish and is a major problem with why we rely far too much on Cloke and Elliott. I feel like when Goldsack and Blair both play forward, there opponents can zone off and double/triple team Cloke because they know that these two aren't goalscoring threats.

I've really soured on Goldsack this season, so much so I think I rather have a skilled but soft player like Jack Watts playing for the team rather than Goldsack.

W

Witts is stuffed.

Hey guys, sorry to intrude and I know you'd all be fuming after that loss and those unlucky injuries probably costing you your season now, but I do have a question on this scenario...

With Cloke going down for the season, who do you guys expect to play 1st ruck this weekend, Grundy with Witts playing predominantly forward? Or will Witts stay as first ruck?

I ask because its getting down to the business end of the Ultimate Footy season, and Cameron ****ing Wood is currently my 2nd ruck:cry:.

Hey guys, sorry to intrude and I know you'd all be fuming after that loss and those unlucky injuries probably costing you your season now, but I do have a question on this scenario...

With Cloke going down for the season, who do you guys expect to play 1st ruck this weekend, Grundy with Witts playing predominantly forward? Or will Witts stay as first ruck?

I ask because its getting down to the business end of the Ultimate Footy season, and Cameron ****ing Wood is currently my 2nd ruck:cry:.

I say Witts will stay as the Number 1 Ruck

Anyone else getting the shits with people coming in and seeking guidance re their bloody supercoach teams? ;)

hahah sorry:oops: I know its the last thing you want to hear after such a miserable weekend for your club.

Like I said, I have Cameron Wood starting. Desperate times call for desperate measures and Grundy is available.

This should help;

BvTfxa6CIAEPMtD.jpg

White, Martin and Langdon absolute certainties to return.

OUT: Reid (inj), Cloke (inj), Beams (inj), Toovey (inj), Lumumba (inj)
IN: Langdon, White, Karnezis, Seedsman, Thomas

B:Tom Langdon, Jack Frost, Ben Sinclair
HB: Marley Williams, Lachlan Keeffe, Paul Seedsman
C: Clinton Young, Josh Thomas, Steele Sidebottom
HF: Ben Kennedy, Jesse White, Tim Broomhead
F: Patrick Karnezis, Brodie Grundy, Tyson Goldsack
FOLL: Jarrod Witts, Dane Swan, Luke Ball
INT: Brent Macaffer, Jarryd Blair, Tony Armstrong, Alex Fasolo
EMG: Corey Gault, Jackson Ramsay, Kyle Martin

Thank god, Beamer only has bone bruising on his knee.

But to more bad news, Toovey has been ruled out and so has Elliot basically. Lumumba might also be out with a corkie.

In- VFL team Out- AFL team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN: Langdon, White, Karnezis, Seedsman, Thomas

B:Tom Langdon, Jack Frost, Ben Sinclair
HB: Marley Williams, Lachlan Keeffe, Paul Seedsman
C: Clinton Young, Josh Thomas, Steele Sidebottom
HF: Ben Kennedy, Jesse White, Tim Broomhead
F: Patrick Karnezis, Brodie Grundy, Tyson Goldsack
INT: Brent Macaffer, Jarryd Blair, Tony Armstrong, Alex Fasolo
EMG: Corey Gault, Jackson Ramsay, Kyle Martin
out Williams, in Ramsay maybe out Witts and in Gault, out Blair in Martin or??? :)

What is wronng with Lumumba?

With the Patton injury we may be in with a chance. If we win, all we have to do is beat Hawthorn. Might as well hand us our finals spot right now :drunk:

Disagree re Martin. Think we're more likely to bring Thomas in.
Huh? Did you see those stats, Thomas has been very poor in the VFL for the last few weeks, he'd be well down the list of possible ins.

B: Williams Frost Toovey
HB: Langdon Keeffe Sinclair
C: Sidebottom Ball Lumumba
HF: Kennedy White Broomhead
F: Karnezis Grundy Blair
Foll: Witts Swan Thomas
Int: Macaffer Goldsack Armstrong Young

Assuming neither Elliott or Pendles get up and that both Goldy and Caff are ok.

This looks about as good as it gets, assuming no Pendles or Elliott.

Not sure that team would beat Port Melbourne. Very much doubt that that team would be capable of beating any AFL team. Even Melbourne.

Really important for everyone's mental health this weekend to manage expectations; that team will not beat the Giants at home, if the Giants play anything like last week. Can only hope that was their Grand Final - but doubt that.

This could get really ugly round here - and for Bucks in the media.

Martin for Blair, Seedsman for Lumumba and call it a rebuild.

Let it be the first week of the new era.

Suggest setting expectations extremely low - can't be disappointed that way, and a win will be like gold :)

Okay, take 2, now that Tooves is a confirmed out and Billy is unlikely...

IN: Pendlebury, Martin, Ramsay, White, Lynch, Langdon
OUT: Beams, Lumumba, Toovey, Cloke, Reid, Sinclair

Lumumba is listed as a 'test' but whatever, he must go.

IN: Langdon, White, Karnezis, Ramsay, Thomas

B:Tyson Goldsack, Jack Frost, Ben Sinclair
HB: Tom Langdon, Lachlan Keeffe, Tony Armstrong

C:Steele Sidebottom , Marley Williams, Clinton Young

HF: Josh Thomas, Jesse White, Tim Broomhead
F: Patrick Karnezis, Brodie Grundy, Ben Kennedy

INT: Brent Macaffer, Jarryd Blair, Jackson Ramsay, Alex Fasolo

Last edited:
Cant have Ramsay (shown absolutely zero to warrant consideration).
Give Moons another go roaming up forward.
Give Karnezis and Gault a run also.
Blair, Goldsack, Sinclair and even hate to say it Lumumba I have had enough of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back