Opinion Changes next week vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously we would like to see both Clark and Frawley back in the side this week... but who for? Depends how long Chip is injured for too. If he is available then these are the changes I'd like to see:

In: Clark, Frawley
Out: Joel MacDonald, Dunn

Joel Mac, regardless of criticism, is stiff to miss here but Tom McDonald clearly keeps his spot. Sellar stays as Martin seems to still be injured and Fitzy and Spencer are not up to it yet. Don't bring them in as they have zero chance of playing no matter what you think of Sellar. Tapscott lucky to keep his spot as well but also looking forward to seeing Col get a full game.

Same as CFH,

Only difference is sellar for martin if he is fit

I'd guess that the team are pretty happy with the defensive forward stuff that Dunn's been doing. Hard to say who'll go out for those two additions. Hopefully Joel because even if you like him we can't carry that many defenders.

Agree with that, and Tom McDonald has earned his spot in the side after this weekend. Interested to see who they go with in terms of match ups too in the back half and that depends if Chip is right to go.

If Dunn stays in the side who goes? Tappy? Bail?

Agree with that, and Tom McDonald has earned his spot in the side after this weekend. Interested to see who they go with in terms of match ups too in the back half and that depends if Chip is right to go.

If Dunn stays in the side who goes? Tappy? Bail?

Bail looks like he's found his feet again I wouldn't consider it. Tappy didn't look too fit. I'd understand if he was sent down for a week.

Think Frawley will be out for 2-3 weeks.

In: Clark, Martin
Out: Dunn, Sellar

No one to replace JMac atm, so he stays.

Biggest game of the year, return to Kadinia park. Any player who doesn't come out fired up should be dropped for the rest of the year.

In: Clark, Frawley

Out: Sellar, Macdonald

Jamar to play 85% ruck and Clark can come in for the other 15%, I don't see the point of playing Sellar when Jamar basically rucks all day.

We got pushed around by the cats last time so I want our harder bodied players playing so Dunn and Tapscott survive. Dunn really needs to play well this week.

Biggest game of the year, return to Kadinia park. Any player who doesn't come out fired up should be dropped for the rest of the year.
:thumbsu: agreed, although it's kardina/skilled/simmons park/stadium.

In> Clark, Jurrah*, Martin, Petterd
Out> Sellar, Macdonald, Dunn, Watts

Those harsh on me for Watts FWIW he laid no tackles and just 50% efficiency for his 12 touches. Kid will get his confidence pillaged against the cats

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the words of Martin Luther King....

ihaveadream.jpg

Dunn deserves to be dropped for that moronic kick into the guts alone. He's always good for a goal though, so he stays in this week imo.

:thumbsu: agreed, although it's K-A-R-D-I-N-I-A

EFA. This is what happens when you try to get pedantic at 1 am in the morning. I know, I've been there :p

Those harsh on me for Watts

Horrible call. Somewhat more so when you consider who we're playing, and the likely conditions (a big reason for Jack's sub-par game on the weekend being the weather and conditions underfoot, and he's not been able to consistently perform in that scenario yet)

Excepting Saturday night, he's been one of the few truly solid performers we've had this year. Especially noticeable during the first three rounds, during matches where, for the most part, we collectively dropped trousers and gave the opposition the nod.

PS- Even in the midst of absolute ****ing thermonuclear meltdown against the Cats on that ground last year, for instance, he STILL got 17 possessions, with 7 marks - most contested - 2 inside 50s and a goal.

Bloody hell. There's overreaction, then there's overreaction :eek:

Agree with Wona, I know we all want Watts to peak now.

But that's ignorant of the development curve he's had to take.

It took Hawkins 79 games to find out he belongs at the level, Watts has played 45.

Agree with Wona, I know we all want Watts to peak now.

But that's ignorant of the development curve he's had to take.

It took Hawkins 79 games to find out he belongs at the level, Watts has played 45.

+2

And Hawkins developed in a good side as well....

It's going to take time for Watt and he isn't the CHF gorilla we want either - but I think Clark and Watts could be a great forward combination given the opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back