Preview Changes/Preview v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm expecting some innovation from Goody...

IN: Dunstan
OUT: Jordon

Will totally reinvigorate us.

Oh and Hunter back in for Chandler so Gus can go back to dominating the midfield with his laser kicks.

You aren't a fan of continually bombing it to a pack?

Just imagine if that pack was in the pocket as well. Oof, we would be unstoppable.
Oh wow, we should try that sometime.

Now if that doesn't work, but could I propose something radical? Like, not bunching together but separating and leading for the ball? I understand this also would require retraining the knucklehead mids to lower their eyes so it might be asking too much.

Oh wow, we should try that sometime.

Now if that doesn't work, but could I propose something radical? Like, not bunching together but separating and leading for the ball? I understand this also would require retraining the knucklehead mids to lower their eyes so it might be asking too much.

Yeah, I think you're asking too much of our mids. You want Trac, Clarry, Viney and (shudders) Gus to lower their eyes instead of trying to kick the skin off it every time?

That is indeed a radical plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is out of form. So is a lot of the team - see Lever, Gawn, Spargo, TMac, May, ANB (funnily enough most of our leaders).

Thought ANB and May were ok today tbh. Anb had 18 disposals and 9 tackles and turned it over about the usual amount.

I don't reckon Lever plays well when we have just the 2 talls. Need Petty back, but I have a feeling Tommo might come in next week.

Something seems off with Gawn this year though. He's really out of form for mine, more than just about anyone.

What is up with Lingers?
Hasn't been the same since he broke his ribs in rd 10, 2022. Personally think that, like many of his teammates, he's achieved what he wanted to achieve and there's no internal drive to get more out of himself.

Thought ANB and May were ok today tbh. Anb had 18 disposals and 9 tackles and turned it over about the usual amount.

I don't reckon Lever plays well when we have just the 2 talls. Need Petty back, but I have a feeling Tommo might come in next week.

Something seems off with Gawn this year though. He's really out of form for mine, more than just about anyone.
Fair calls, I guess I'm talking about across the season rather than just this game when assessing form.

Agree re Lever. Don't see Goody going back to that structure though.

Fair calls, I guess I'm talking about across the season rather than just this game when assessing form.

Agree re Lever. Don't see Goody going back to that structure though.

Yeah, May has worked into it after injury, ANB is just ANB etc etc. Gawn and Langdon are the main ones for me that are well below expectation so far.

Out: Brayshaw, Chandler, Harmes, McDonald, Lever (inj, looked concussed at the end)

In: Brown, Tomlinson, Woewodin, Jordon, Schache

All feels a bit deck chair-y at the moment, when you look at our depth. Can't reward Laurie after 8 touches in the VFL.

I'm so ****ed off with our coaches re. Chandler. He has looked exhausted for weeks now and every facet of his game has begun to suffer. Instead of a week off against easy beats to freshen up, he's now staring down the barrel at a run in the twos. How many times today did he get the ball, look up and freeze? The dare and precision kicking from rds 1-7 has completely evaporated.

Harmes is done as a footballer, add him to the rest that still get a game. Might as well play some kids, surely the vets are running out of chances hey Goody?
We've got an amazing youngster coming through Casey at the moment. Goes by Mr M. Jelksham. Can't wait to see him play.

Tomlinson has dominated at VFL level for a couple of weeks now. Would have to be close to a game, especially given we're playing against two talls and Lever both stank today and seemingly got knocked out by Amiss (no free, play on) at the end.

Need to start playing Laurie, Howes, Turner, Woewodin etc I dont give a * if some old campaigner had 35 touches or kicked 6 goals for Casey. Give me some games to guys who might actually contribute and improve us moving forward. The faith in the older blokes who have contributed nothing for 12 months is part of the reason we are where we are.

Last edited:
Need to start playing Laurie, Howes, Woewodin etc I dont give a * if some old campaigner had 35 touches or kicked 6 goals for Casey. Give me some guys who might actually contribute and improve us moving forward. The faith in the older blokes who have contributed nothing for 12 months is part of the reason we are where we are.
There needs to be a balance between the two. You have to reward guys going back and dominating to an extent, particularly when the young guys aren't banging down the door.

Last week, Laurie had more of it than Harmes and kicked a goal. Who does Simon bring in? Woewodin was flagged as an in by the coach. Who does Simon play on the wing? Brayshaw the butcher.

Is Brown injured or is he ready to go?

I know it's a choice between two spuds when it comes to Brown and TMac, but at least he's a different type of player to JVR and might not get in his way as much. Just tell Brown to get on the leads all day and leave JVR to contest for marks.

I trust him to snag a few cheapies every week from frees, which is still more than TMac offers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back