Preview Changes: R3 v Port Adelaide, Saturday April 1, 7.00pm ACDT at Adelaide Oval

When will the Crows win next?

• R3 vs Port Adelaide

• R4 vs Fremantle (H)

• R5 vs Carlton (H)

• R6 vs Hawthorn (A, Tasmania)

• R7 vs Collingwood (H)

• R8 vs Geelong (A, Kardina)

• R9 vs St Kilda (H)

• R10 vs Western Bulldogs (A, Ballarat)

• R11 vs Brisbane (H)

• R12 vs Gold Coast (A, NT)

• R13 vs West Coast (H)

• R15 vs Collingwood (A, MCG)

• R16 vs North Melbourne (H)

• R17 vs Essendon (A, Marvel)

• R18 vs GWS (H)

• R19 vs Melbourne (A, MCG)

• R20 vs Port Adelaide

• R21 vs Gold Coast (H)

• R22 vs Brisbane (A, Gabba)

• R23 vs Sydney (H)

• R24 vs West Coast (A, Perth)

• Winless Season

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Keath (200cms, KPD) "requested a trade" from the Crows, no doubt disenchanted by events of 2018-19.
Incorrect the Dogs offered up way more $$$$'s and 4 years which we weren't prepared to do at his age, only thing he was disenchanted with was his pay packet and contract offer we tabled.

* Edited

Last edited:
Roo and Reid are doing an awful job of managing our list. We have 30 flankers and hardly a decent KPD and midfielder. That's some achievement. In saying that Ogilvie needs to take some responsibility for not pushing back against list management's misguided approach and not having a good track record on numerous high end picks. Surely the board can see that. If not it's time for a new direction at board level.
Didn’t realise that Roo was in charge of list management

Lol, are we resorting to the "forget all your statistics and data, I only trust my eyes! They're the true expert here!"

I'm not trying to convince anyone, Jeff. I'm just stating the numbers.
If you actually bothered to watch the Sydney games, you would be back tracking from your ridiculous argument that he was playing a similar role to what he playing currently at the Crows.

Didn’t realise that Roo was in charge of list management
He seems to think he is.. he said he is football director and that “he will continue being football director until he makes the current list into a list thats in finals contention..”

Sounds like HE thinks HE has a fair bit of say in the building of the list…

I'm not trying to convince anyone, Jeff. I'm just stating the numbers.
I've followed the debate between you and those (several) who disagree with you, but with waning interest.
It's become a yes-it-is-no-it's-not loop, the futility of which John Cleese and Michael Palin nailed about 50 years ago:
" O: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position!
M: Yes but it isn't just saying 'no it isn't'.
O: Yes it is!
M: No it isn't!
O: Yes it is!
M: No it isn't!
O: Yes it is! "

With respect, Mostyn, you've repeated yourself so often that it looks like you definitely are trying to "convince" them, and they're not convinced.
Why don't you agree to disagree, and move on?

Ok, I will basic it right down.

As a defender he has to mark a player and stop that player getting goals. Quite often against a good coach, they drag him deep.

As a wingman, he pushes back, not to stop his forward scoring, but to help out. He can also move up the ground, attack and KICK GOALS. Which is what he’s done when he’s played that position for us and Sydney.

So to summarise, defenders stand a forward.
Wings move up and down the ground, including spending time in defence. Big difference is you’re generally a spare helping out and you’re not bogged down manning a player.

I’m really trying not to hang s**t on you but crikey, why are you finding this so hard?
This!
AFL wingman 101.

C'mon, Jeff. Don't make me use the old "opinions are like aasholes" line.

Give me some actual stats to support your position,l.

Very happy to hear about the difference in inside 50 numbers from 2021 to 2022.

I'd certainly agree he SEEMS to play deeper for us, that what my eyes tell me - but I don't actually know until there's some evidence to support it.
When you start every centre bounce on the wing , get kicks behind centre and also drift forward and kick multiple goals while always coming back to start centre bounce on the wing

Then guess what ? You’re a wing

However when you start on a forward in D50 and do it all game then guess what ? You’re a defender

Who would have though hey

Just watch the games and you’ll see

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keane will play more quality AFL games than Billy & should have played last week... even if we had to sub him out.
Is your nickname Nostradamus?

I doubt whether a single Collingwood supporter would prefer Billy to Keane (and I am certain no Crows supporters would choose Billy). We were extremely lucky that we were one of the few clubs that had a spot on our list and were seeking a tall defender when Keane decided to give it another go (Thanks Fish).

How many clubs have four genuine key defenders on their list? We have three plus Keane (I don’t count Borlase). Two are currently injured and they are all relatively inexperienced.

I expect things will look a lot better in a couple of months. Hopefully it doesn’t cost us a spot in the Eight 😉.

Is your nickname Nostradamus?

I doubt whether a single Collingwood supporter would prefer Billy to Keane (and I am certain no Crows supporters would choose Billy). We were extremely lucky that we were one of the few clubs that had a spot on our list and were seeking a tall defender when Keane decided to give it another go (Thanks Fish).

How many clubs have four genuine key defenders on their list? We have three plus Keane (I don’t count Borlase). Two are currently injured and they are all relatively inexperienced.

I expect things will look a lot better in a couple of months. Hopefully it doesn’t cost us a spot in the Eight 😉.

you obviously haven't been on the collinwood board. quite a few were pumping Billy up in pre-season

When you start every centre bounce on the wing , get kicks behind centre and also drift forward and kick multiple goals while always coming back to start centre bounce on the wing

Then guess what ? You’re a wing

However when you start on a forward in D50 and do it all game then guess what ? You’re a defender

Who would have though hey

Just watch the games and you’ll see
Oh come on Jeff, you don’t need to watch a game, that’s why we have all these stats .and heat maps

Oh come on Jeff, you don’t need to watch a game, that’s why we have all these stats .and heat maps
Basing presumption of where someone played on Heat maps is hilarious

I remember midfielders being criticised for getting too much ball in defensive half

Doesn’t mean they are playing defence 😂

And yet ... and yet ... and yet
they gave the injury-prone, has-achieved-zero-so-far Milera 5 years!! :drunk:
Then 22 0r 23 years old and prior to rupturing his patella tendon and 25 today. Keath 31 today and Greenwood 31 today...

Back