Changes v Essendon: out Terlich, Gawn, JKH; in: McKenzie, Riley, Kent, ASADA shitfight

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and Nathan Jones is my favourite non-Essendon player in the competition, full stop.

I think by the end of his career Jonesy will be my favourite Melbourne player ever full stop
The man just scraps like his life depends on it EVERY... SINGLE... TIME he goes for the footy

I think you guys arent as clean coming out of fullback as Collingwood so it gives us more of a sniff, But with Carlisle going back with Hurley and Hooker your not exactly going to leak goals with out slow ball movement
As always with these games its all about taking some 50/50 chances and putting pressure on the opposition and forcing them to take risks to try and score
Our best chance is to take a couple early and then put you guys under huge pressure being behind

Not sure how big an impact missing Watson will be for you guys but If Daniher can play like he did last week again it will be hard to stop him, Doesnt get the attention of the others but he will be unstoppable in a few years

The logic of some here is less talls mean we would have moved the ball forward quicker and more often ....

The logic being that despite having 12 talls in the forward line, we hardly managed to clunk any contested marks in the 50, and as soon as it hit the ground, we were done. If you punt it in long all the time and it keeps coming straight back out all the time, I'd say slowing down and trying a more measured approach would be a smart thing to do. A crumber might have picked up a few possessions here and there, laid a few tackles, held the ball in the 50 occasionally... so yes, feeding off the scraps with an extra small might have meant bombing it in long would have been more fruitful.

Also I watched on the couch and it was shown twice that terlich was Burned by his teammates refusing to shepherd and allowing him to be Swamped

You are Neville Terlich.

He certainly went a lot easier on them than normal
Kent and mckenzie the the standout but it's the same old same old from the trio of shit

Toumpas was really bad as well which is really disappointing

Maybe they're improving in the areas he wants? And he also acknowledged the conditions made it tough for individuals to shine.

The logic being that despite having 12 talls in the forward line, we hardly managed to clunk any contested marks in the 50, and as soon as it hit the ground, we were done. If you punt it in long all the time and it keeps coming straight back out all the time, I'd say slowing down and trying a more measured approach would be a smart thing to do. A crumber might have picked up a few possessions here and there, laid a few tackles, held the ball in the 50 occasionally... so yes, feeding off the scraps with an extra small might have meant bombing it in long would have been more fruitful.

We were instructed by roosy to play a certain way, an extra small wouldn't have changed it

I'm not saying we weren't to tall because we were but playing toumpas or Riley wouldn't have made any difference
It was a team mindset

I feel like I have to stand up for terls much like others have grimesy in the
Maybe they're improving in the areas he wants? And he also acknowledged the conditions made it tough for individuals to shine.

Blease had defensive lapsed
Tappy couldn't get outside footy and Strauss whilst he said stayed involved had it 14 times

When someone like Riley comes in on the back of a broken leg before these guys it shows you how they haven't improved nearly enough

We were instructed by roosy to play a certain way, an extra small wouldn't have changed it

I'm not saying we weren't to tall because we were but playing toumpas or Riley wouldn't have made any difference
It was a team mindset

Yes, but Paul Roos didn't come out in his press conference and say this:

"The logic of some here is less talls mean we would have moved the ball forward quicker and more often ...."

If something isn't working, why keep trying it?

Yes, but Paul Roos didn't come out in his press conference and say this:

"The logic of some here is less talls mean we would have moved the ball forward quicker and more often ...."

If something isn't working, why keep trying it?

I'm not arguing for it I agree it was the wrong decision and we should have gone smaller
But some here have it like it was the reason we lost when in reality it wouldn't have made any difference because our execution of our forward Movements were poor

Blease had defensive lapsed
Tappy couldn't get outside footy and Strauss whilst he said stayed involved had it 14 times

When someone like Riley comes in on the back of a broken leg before these guys it shows you how they haven't improved nearly enough

All players have defensive lapses, even Dunny had a couple on the weekend - I like these reviews because they always have something for the player to work on, which is how all coaches would see any player regardless of their game as a whole.

Just because they aren't the eternally positive reviews of the last couple of years doesn't suddenly make everything 'disappointing' - it just gives us an actual idea of what the coaches think.

All players have defensive lapses, even Dunny had a couple on the weekend - I like these reviews because they always have something for the player to work on, which is how all coaches would see any player regardless of their game as a whole.

Just because they aren't the eternally positive reviews of the last couple of years doesn't suddenly make everything 'disappointing' - it just gives us an actual idea of what the coaches think.

Yah fair enough ill leave it because I feel like I'm arguing even though I don't disagree with what your saying

Atleast everyone is clear on what they have to do

I'm not arguing for it I agree it was the wrong decision and we should have gone smaller
But some here have it like it was the reason we lost when in reality it wouldn't have made any difference because our execution of our forward Movements were poor
By playing 5 talls, we could only kick the ball high. Especially consider how ineffectual Salem was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By playing 5 talls, we could only kick the ball high. Especially consider how ineffectual Salem was.

Yeah but pedo was clunking them and chip was taking a lot of them on the lead
Gawn and Dawes were ineffectual and yes an extra small would have helped but when you kick it sideways 13 times befor you go forward then it wouldn't matter if you had 22 smalls/forwards

Do you know what makes it easier to score goals? Keeping the ball inside your forward 50. It's definitely a contributing factor. There's no "one reason" we lost the game.

Do you know what makes it easier to score goals? Keeping the ball inside your forward 50. It's definitely a contributing factor. There's no "one reason" we lost the game.

We werent trying to keep it inside our 50, Did you actually watch the game?
We refused to commit numbers forward for fear of being hurt on the rebound

I didnt coach the ****ing team im not saying I agree with it im telling you what actually happened

We werent trying to keep it inside our 50, Did you actually watch the game?
We refused to commit numbers forward for fear of being hurt on the rebound

I didnt coach the ******* team im not saying I agree with it im telling you what actually happened

I did watch the game and your comments are all over the shop. Half the time I'm convinced you're chewing on your keyboard.

Yep, these two pretty likely you'd think if two changes are to be made.
I don't think Jordie will come in, he doesn't have the offensive game to cut it at AFL level and that's what we need in the midfield. I'd rather see someone like Blease in than Jordie. Watson going out probably hurts his chances too.

Salem out, i know he is good but i thought Roosy was taking more of a development approach despite his form. i'm happy for him to go back to the VFL anyway, bring in Kent or Blease. JKH will sort himself out he knew he played bad, he will have been told he played bad, he will have seen the replay and he will be ready to make amends, he knows he is better.

Also Terlich, thought he played an average game, not a poor game, i am happy for him to stay in the side

Kent is a must in, and Salem probably gets a breather ( shame because it's against the team he's rooted for since last year).

I don't think Jordie will come in, he doesn't have the offensive game to cut it at AFL level and that's what we need in the midfield. I'd rather see someone like Blease in than Jordie. Watson going out probably hurts his chances too.
He was already the emergency though so he's likely in. I agree that he isn't up to it anymore and not in our best coupe of tagging options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back