Unofficial Preview Changes vs Dons (BK, Oxley, Tooves confirmed ins, Seed, Witts and Goody emergencies)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I actually want us to lose this. If we win we will probably end up finishing ninth, and therefore need to use pick 10 to provide as part of a package to GWS for Treloar. Lose, and it will be pick 7. Our second round pick (which we would need to provide as well) will also be three picks earlier.

If we lose, then our first two picks might be enough to GWS - lose and we might need to swap in next years first rounder instead of this year's second rounder.

Why Goodyear? had a pretty disappointing 2 months in the VFL
Been played out of position the last two months. Last two games he's been released in the midfield, 25 possies last week, i reckon he had about the same yesterday. Both weeks should've been in the best imo. If he had of played his inside mid position all year, he wouldve played seniors earlier. Great opportunity to give him a taste of senior footy.

Been played out of position the last two months. Last two games he's been released in the midfield, 25 possies last week, i reckon he had about the same yesterday. Both weeks should've been in the best imo. If he had of played his inside mid position all year, he wouldve played seniors earlier. Great opportunity to give him a taste of senior footy.

I saw the game he got 25 possessions in... LOTS of cheap sideways handballs in that, wasn't particularly impressive.

I actually want us to lose this. If we win we will probably end up finishing ninth, and therefore need to use pick 10 to provide as part of a package to GWS for Treloar. Lose, and it will be pick 7. Our second round pick (which we would need to provide as well) will also be three picks earlier.

If we lose, then our first two picks might be enough to GWS - lose and we might need to swap in next years first rounder instead of this year's second rounder.
I think looking at the games ahead we beat Esendon 10th more likely lose we stay 12th.
Other games will determine our movement except if we lose then 12th it be.
Ultimately better we win as will give winning feeling all that stuff

Won't risk Cloke and Swan with 1 game to go.

Sinclair broke his Hand

I agree. Swan and Sinclair are obviously out and I don't think they will risk Cloke. Selection will be very interesting given the VFL final. Toovey will probably come back in for Sinaclair but replacing Swan will be more difficult.

I t
I saw the game he got 25 possessions in... LOTS of cheap sideways handballs in that, wasn't particularly impressive.
I respectfully disagree, I believe most of his possessions were contested this week and last. As an inside mid, his job is to feed runners on the outside which i thought he's been doing particularly well. Yeah maybe there's a few cheap hands, here and there, but welcome to the world of the modern day mid. Look at all of our mids at afl level and vfl, they do exactly the same. Kennedy and Karnezis are the masters of the those type of possessions.

If it was any other team but Essendon (or Carlton) I would say play the kids and experiment, as its a nothing game and a loss would likely move us two spots higher in the draft.
But let's try and smash them and demoralise then even further.

Rest Swan and Cloke

Witts, Kennedy, and Ox in

White, Sinclair, and Swan out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out: Swan, Sinclair
In: Kennedy, Cloke

Don't need a Sinclair replacement Marsh starts.

Sub: Blair/Kennedy

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubt that be a Problem as we still have a Higher Pick then Tigers IF we win or lose

Smash them, never give a suckeran even break.
Mind, if we do win, shock horror we'll be better positioned than last year, ha ha, that might cause grief to the negative Nathan brigade

Freo are throwing their game vs Port now, so even if we do win this game we may only move one spot up the ladder now, which means we still have a high draft pick to trade for Treloar.

So no reason to hold back here, smash em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back