Prediction Changes vs. Gold Coast (Round 2 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, as long as we adjust to the greasy conditions and don't over use the handball we should be okay.

Brayshaw to HBF. Harmes or JJ to take his wing more permanently with Salem out for a while.

Bedford to keep his spot in the team and Chandler if he's fit to sub. Tmac to swing man depending on matchups

Petty still 3-4 away a month after his corky?

These more minor injuries are the ones we’ve not missed too many from the last couple of years. Has always felt like guys have been back ahead of schedule.

If Misso is on the left and Burgo is on the right, where does Selwyn fit on that scale between them? Will be an interesting year.

These more minor injuries are the ones we’ve not missed too many from the last couple of years. Has always felt like guys have been back ahead of schedule.

If Misso is on the left and Burgo is on the right, where does Selwyn fit on that scale between them? Will be an interesting year.

Selwyn is step up from Misso, at least we are fit (from an aerobic standpoint) in round 1 after a final series. But he aint no Burgo thats for sure.

Selwyn is step up from Misso, at least we are fit (from an aerobic standpoint) in round 1 after a final series. But he aint no Burgo thats for sure.
I don't know how much of this is Selwyn's fault. Most seem to be impact injuries picked up from tackles/contests, rather than poor management and 8 blokes pinging hammys.
No Salem for at best 6 weeks is concerning though.

I don't know how much of this is Selwyn's fault. Most seem to be impact injuries picked up from tackles/contests, rather than poor management and 8 blokes pinging hammys.

Salem's injury im sure is the same issue from the praccy match vs North when he came off late. Im all for a bloke playing through injury, but you better be right if you let them.

The beginning of the season is the best time for these things to happen. We get a chance to try out some other young men due to injuries, and as you say, most are from impacts.

Hibberd's is an old man injury, and so they should really tread carefully with his calf muscle. Notorious for aging players to get them right.
He is one of the key players, as is Lever, so I hope both are given extra time off, to get more than 100% right.

It's a bonus to have the chance to play others into the team, and for them to gain experience and belief from the experience this early into 2022.

With Petty out for a few more, it's looking like TMc will stay back for a little while, and he wasn't so bad last week. This could also present the option of Weideman playing half forward, in TMc's role.?

fb/ Smith, May, Rivers
hb/ Bowey, TMc, Brayshaw
cl/ Langdon, Petracca, Tomlinson
hf/ ANB, Weideman, Fritsch
ff/ Kozzy, BB, Spargo

Rk/ Gawn, Oliver, Viney

Int/ Jackson, Harmes, Sparrow, Hunt, JJordan

Last edited:
That's the kind of thing you hear whenever a club has a bad injury list. Usually persistently like Freo, GWS, GC. Injury gods etc.

We lost the best in the business and then our players started falling over again + as Rude said playing through injury and making it worse, or being named and not getting up.

Not panic stations by any means, and Burgo was irreplacable, but it's a concern. If we lose any of Gawn/Oliver/Trac/May/Jackson/Brown in the next few weeks we'll be in trouble.

I know Gold Coast has pretty much sucked the entire time they have been in the comp, but has anyone seen a great game of AFL footy at Metricon? Man, you just gotta get up there, win dirty then get out. Hot, greasy and lack of atmosphere..

I know Gold Coast has pretty much sucked the entire time they have been in the comp, but has anyone seen a great game of AFL footy at Metricon? Man, you just gotta get up there, win dirty then get out. Hot, greasy and lack of atmosphere..

QLD in general is s**t early season because of the humidity. Will take a 50-49 win don’t care about score as long as we get up preferably without injuries.

So Petty had surgery as did Salem both from impact injuries yet it's Selwyns fault?

We all just gonna forget that Brown and Weid missed the first 8 games or whatever so the Burgo wank fest can continue?

We all just gonna forget that Brown and Weid missed the first 8 games or whatever so the Burgo wank fest can continue?

I hope so, I might find myself a Burgo avatar, greatest thing to ever happen to this club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Petty had surgery as did Salem both from impact injuries yet it's Selwyns fault?

Viney missed a long chunk too.

There's an even chance we'll have our entire premiership team back but for Petty and Salem this week. But people are acting like the sky is falling.

As an aside, for all their bleating about us not having injuries last year, we knocked over the Dogs while missing 5/6 of our Grand Final backline and we'll be able to remind them of that for the entire year.

Last edited:
Viney missed a long chunk too.

There's an even chance we'll have our entire premiership team back but for Petty and Salem this week. But people are acting like the sky is falling.

As a side, for all their bleating about us not having injuries last year, we knocked over the Dogs while missing 5/6 of our Grand Final backline and we'll be able to remind them of that for the entire year.
It's a bizarre wankfest. Pretty sure our injury list is less than this time last year or atleast the same. We still overran the dogs comfortably and Joel Smith hasn't been injured

Plus if people wanna be stupid about this then it's Burgos fault May nearly missed the granny and luckily Selwyn has got him back fit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back