Preview Changes Vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you're so concerned, drop a $5 bet on us ;)
you won't ever have to work again...

If i bet on the swannies you will probably win knowing my luck

But the odds are tempting for the dogs

Least you wont be wearing that red guernsey v us

We shouldn't drop Darley. Need to get as many games into him as we can. We will have massive holes at HB without Higgins and Murphy over the next few years.

Out: Austin, Gia, Higgins
In: Talia, Macrae, Tutt

Talia is a good match up for Buddy, maybe not now but i'd bring him in to learn for the future.

Toured Essendons facility and found some stuff its great
I took a few pictures when I swung through there for "research" purposes. I must say, the second photo conflicts with the first.
pink_and_red_koolaid.jpg

essendon honour wall.PNG

Oh god.

Out: Higgins (Just disgraceful), Gia (too old and was exposed today unfortunately. Really starting to look his age), Austin (Enough is enough), Roughie (He needs a spell, he's nowhere near playing 100%)
In: Macrae, Roberts, Talia, Tutt

I couldn't agree more with this ... but have thought the same thing for the last 5 weeks. I'm trying to understand this and have heard the 'partnership in the VFL' arguments. I'm watching Q1 now and already have Austin directly responsible for 2.1. Unless I'm a terrible judge of the game the only logic (which I don't agree with) is that we are not wanting to disrupt a run at the VFL flag. Utter Garbage!

Boyd's wholesale slaughter of the ball by hand and foot is unsurpassed, the coach then sets him a tagging role and he loses his opponent in traffic, having he and Stevens on the same ground together beggars belief.
And WTF is it with having Gia as the sub? fresh legs? was slow 8 years ago, Norff have 3 tall forwards and we don't have a tall option on the bench.
Wasn't Campbell's best game thats for sure, but he was pivitol the week before against St.Kilda in straightening them up, he should not be dropped.
OUT Boyd,Austin,Gia
IN Roberts Talia Tutt

While I understand why people are calling for Austin to be dropped, I can't see it happening. The most obvious reason is this week we play Sydney, who will have Franklin, Tippett, Reid, Pyke etc spending time up forward. Realistically, if we wanted Talia and Roberts to have any hope of matching up on these guys, they needed a few weeks in the seniors to get up to speed before putting them on the biggest and best forward line going around...

Which again confirms the suspicion our MC have no ******* idea what is going on....

Not a good time to be playing the Swans in perfect conditions indoors.

Roughead is struggling big time and we don't have a good second tall (unless Talia comes in which probably wont happen).

Morris will have to play on Buddy which is scary and that leaves a struggling Roughead to play on the monster Tippett. If their mids and half backs get it as easy as the Roos did yesterday - Those two could kick 15 between them and we could lost by 100+.

Must draft a KPD or get Jaksch. Sick of watching Roughead getting smashed.

I think we will win dont get me wrong, i just think you play a good tackling, contested brand that pressures Sydney.

Every time i watch u the kids look good just can seem to mark inside 50

Well, I never bet against my own team but I am incredibly tempted by Sydney to beat the line (-35.5 or thereabouts). If we stay within 5 or 6 goals of one of the best two teams in the league, with Buddy looking to ice the Coleman and others playing for finals spots, I will be genuinely amazed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were dynamite early on the weekend. Sheesh. In another league.

We can't complain about being undersized down back when we let Roberts and Talia sit in the vfl.

Both should come in, irrespective of whether we leave Roughy out of the side or not we can have all of Talia, Roberts, Morris and even roughy all down back but I think we should leave Roughy out or try him up forward. That means grant has to come out too.

Forgive the intrusion, im concerned about this game, you guys always play well against us
Griffen will probably get 50 possies this week, i think you will be a massive chance

Just take yourself on a nice weekend holiday and come back on the Monday to find that all is right in the world!

What I want to happen:
OUT: Austin, Grant, Higgins, Campbell
IN: Roberts, Macrae, Honeychurch, Talia.

What will probably happen:
OUT: Grant
IN: Macrae

Selection is complicated because our VFL team is lining up for a flag and taking for instance Roberts from that team jeopardizes their chances. (Not to mention having Buddy tear him a new on will cripple his confidence)

Don't think it matters who we play next week on the seniors so I'd be picking blokes that won't feature in the VFL Finals from here on out.

Selection is complicated because our VFL team is lining up for a flag and taking for instance Roberts from that team jeopardizes their chances. (Not to mention having Buddy tear him a new on will cripple his confidence)

Don't think it matters who we play next week on the seniors so I'd be picking blokes that won't feature in the VFL Finals from here on out.
Club has continually said that development is a priority over results at vfl level. So if the MC decide that Roberts or Talia will get better development playing some afl, they will be selected, regardless of any impact on vfl finals.

What's everyones beef with Higgins? I didn't think he was our worst.
He got off literally on the wrong foot with that shocking inexplicable pass to a Roo, which led to their first goal within half a minute of the start of play. After that, the die was cast for most Higgins-haters. :(

Club has continually said that development is a priority over results at vfl level. So if the MC decide that Roberts or Talia will get better development playing some afl, they will be selected, regardless of any impact on vfl finals.
I hear what you are saying, but the way selection has been it certainly doesn't look that way.
I have no doubt the club think there is more mileage in winning the VFL premiership this season. A little
bit of joy, for the success starved supporters. I hope this is not the case.
Others wise that raises a lot of other questions.

Just have a look at the replay, slow, not doing the first thing, continually trying to crush packs, handballing the ball like its on fire, to a bulldog player a metre away, or straight to a North player.
Supporter would like him to perform, just have a look, he had 12 possessions to half time, because we had a 7 man back line, he is on his own, and still stuffs up, Higgins haters, fair go, why would we be bothered.
He got off literally on the wrong foot with that shocking inexplicable pass to a Roo, which led to their first goal within half a minute of the start of play. After that, the die was cast for most Higgins-haters. :(

We shouldn't drop Darley. Need to get as many games into him as we can. We will have massive holes at HB without Higgins and Murphy over the next few years.

Out: Austin, Gia, Higgins
In: Talia, Macrae, Tutt

Talia is a good match up for Buddy, maybe not now but i'd bring him in to learn for the future.

Agree...also Roberts in the frame for selection.

Just have a look at the replay, slow, not doing the first thing, continually trying to crush packs, handballing the ball like its on fire, to a bulldog player a metre away, or straight to a North player.
Supporter would like him to perform, just have a look, he had 12 possessions to half time, because we had a 7 man back line, he is on his own, and still stuffs up, Higgins haters, fair go, why would we be bothered.
Agree BP, don't get this Higgins haters things.

Have met the guy once seemed pleasant enough. I think he is vastly overrated by many of our supporters, therefore when he plays an average game he does come in for more 'analysis' than some. Just do not think he is as skilful as made out to be, is not as good a decision maker as made out to be, merely an average to good AFL player. Certainly is ok at the level, just not as good as his reputation. Hardly his fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back