Preview Changes Vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How strong is Rampe these days? I don't watch you guys that much, so most of my memory is of him back in his Williamstown days :p
Only reason I switched Richards and Grundy is that Campbell is pretty damn tall. More so if he just sticks his giant arms in the air. We're not know for our precise inside 50 work, so most of the time if we kick it to Campbell, it's sitting right on top of his head.
But yeah, wouldn't be surprised to see it the way you had it.
Ive never had an arm wrestle with him however Im confident i can say he holds his own. He has played on Gunston stwice this year and kept him goalless both times which is feather in his cap. Stringer in amazing form though.

I hope Rampe doesn't turn on a brilliant performance for us. Didn't he train with us in the preseason for something like three years in a row?

2 years training with you. And we sincerely thank you for not picking him up.

I'd say Boyd to Parker or Jack probably and Picken not too sure. Don't think he will start with a hard tag on anyone but if someone is getting well on top then he will go to them.

Backlines very tough. Makes sense if thats true about Roberts, bit of a shame though as he'd be a good in this week. Surely Talia comes in for the last two weeks, surely. He's one of the few defenders we have with the size and athleticism to give Buddy a crack. Tell him to show us what he's learned in the VFL this year and you're gonna be on him all day, so if you're getting beaten do something about it. Young probably deserves a crack, would like Jones to come in. Whats going to happen? Well who ******* knows

Buddy could potentially kick 15 this week. Carlisle murdered us and this season big forwards have regularly dined out on our undersized defense especially since Roughy got hurt.

I'd like to see Talia, Macrae and Jones come back in. Gia, Hunter and Austin to come out. Hopefully Roughy comes out but I can't see that happening with only 2 weeks to go.

Morris to Buddy, Roughy to Tippett and Talia to Reid or the resting Ruckman.

I think Picken to Parker sounds like a likely match up.
We have been getting smoked in the centre clearances lately so I expect Libba to have a massive one.

I think Picken to Parker sounds like a likely match up.
We have been getting smoked in the centre clearances lately so I expect Libba to have a massive one.
9d875506add7fa10dd453c27955c8b05fbe1f79d82466c623db4a9e56a5298b3.jpg

A little birdie whispered to me that Big Will strained his hammy against the Kangaroos last week ...... could stretch our big man stocks if true.

A little birdie whispered to me that Big Will strained his hammy against the Kangaroos last week ...... could stretch our big man stocks if true.
Would explain the unprecedented subbing of him. It would be a very good experience for Campbell to go No.1 against the swans. I'd expect Cordy would have to come out so they could rotate through the ruck together. I doubt Tommy could ruck out a whole game.

Won’t happen but what I would like to see.

Out Higgins ( doesn’t look interested with poor decision making skills since return from VFL )

Hunter ( looks tired needs a rest )

Boyd ( turnover king…love the guy but his turnovers just kills us )

Minson ( gives away too many frees and possibly injured )

In Talia Hrovat Macrae Cordy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The worst part is it stretching Footscray a bit thin for VFL finals if both Cordy and Campbell are in the 1's. Will be good to give Campbell a few games as #1 ruck so he knows the work he has to put in again over the summer to reach that level.

Just saw Maccas presser today and sounds like Talia and Roberts won't be coming in. Said he is happy with the current defence and it the issue is more with the ball getting down there to easy.

I just saw that too, and it very perplexing.

Morris is really only sized to go against Goodes. You would assume Roughy to Tippett as he matches him for height (although will likely get killed on the lead). Only leaves us an unknown guy by the name of Buddy Franklin to deal with. O yeah AND Sam Reid.

This is going to get messy.

Morris is really only sized to go against Goodes. You would assume Roughy to Tippett as he matches him for height (although will likely get killed on the lead). Only leaves us an unknown guy by the name of Buddy Franklin to deal with. O yeah AND Sam Reid.

Yet to see a team selection this year that is not perplexing!!!!!!

Especially without Wood who can cover some taller forwards with his athleticism. JJ basically his spot now and can't match up with the same players obviously, need another tall defender in. Unless they plan to use Stringer down back which would be very disappointing. Fletch needs to come in.

Yep. Key forwards have killed us all year and these are the best we've come across. Austin on Buddy could be interesting.

McCartney indicated there would be changes to the side that lost to North Melbourne on Sunday, hinting young recruits Jack Macrae and Nathan Hrovat were firmly in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back