Choco Mark Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

awesome01

Rookie
Jul 12, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Does anyone out there in the football world with smarts, can tell me why is Choco not being chased for a coaching job? He was a master class coach in 2004, has an impressive record yet all I read is Rodney Eade and now Neil Craig. Both I think will never be in the same league as Choco. Anyone out there can please let me know why?

Seriously though, he might simply not want a top gig at this point. He's passionate about developing and mentoring young players and that's exactly what he's doing at Richmond.

Maybe because if he gets any fatter a club would be concerned that he may self combust.

Great Coach but terrible example for the health and fitness aspect of the game. Ross Lyon not far behind him while Chris and Brad Scott are notably porky. Pity Chocco hasn't got the same levels of Vanity Hird does and try some pharmaceutical remedies that may just give him a fighting chance.
This post made my day.

Seriously though, he might simply not want a top gig at this point. He's passionate about developing and mentoring young players and that's exactly what he's doing at Richmond.

Wasn't the whole reason he left GWS because he was annoyed that he wasn't going to be Sheedy's successor?

When Richmond were firing blanks earlier in the year, I imagine Choco was next in line to take the Tigers gig from Hardwick.

I don't speak from any informed position, but I still think he's got the fire, and probably feels refreshed after a couple of years in a supporting role. Still think he was very harshly dealt with by the Adelaide media in his last couple of years at Port Adelaide (Michelangelo Rucci seemed to have his head on the chopping block every Monday for a good two-three year period), even if it was probably time for a change.

The split in the playing group in his later years at Port is pretty legendary. I'm not sure anyone is going to give him a playing list of his own to govern again.

The split in the playing group in his later years at Port is pretty legendary. I'm not sure anyone is going to give him a playing list of his own to govern again.
Unfortunately Port was running on the smell of an oily rag at the time and Choco tried to do way too much on his own. Now he is still paying for something he had no chance to control.
Had he been able to stick to coaching and nothing but coaching, both he and Port would have fared a lot better and clubs would be chasing him.

He had the perfect chance at GWS.

All he had to do was out last Sheedy. I couldn't do it. I'd push the crazy old campaigner down a flight of stairs.

But if Choco had the smarts and desire to be a successful coach again he would still be coaching GWS.

One of the all time master technicians of the game. bulldogs should approach him with a blank cheque.

He had the perfect chance at GWS.

All he had to do was out last Sheedy. I couldn't do it. I'd push the crazy old campaigner down a flight of stairs.

But if Choco had the smarts and desire to be a successful coach again he would still be coaching GWS.
and we wouldn't wish that upon anyone.

Probably too old school. Similar to McCartney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the best at developing young kids imo.

Would question whether he has the innovation left in him to win another flag as a senior coach.

Reckon he's comfortable in his role with a small possibility of taking Hardwicks job. Might not want to do that though if he is close mates with Hardwick??

It would have been wonderful if he replaced Sando at The Crows ...

I suspect his Alpha Male, opinionated oaf personality puts clubs off side (although i like it).. Reckon he'll replace Buckley at Collingwood if things go pear shaped for the Pies next season ..

It would have been wonderful if he replaced Sando at The Crows ...

I suspect his Alpha Male, opinionated oaf personality puts clubs off side (although i like it).. Reckon he'll replace Buckley at Collingwood if things go pear shaped for the Pies next season ..
I would have burned AFC to the ground if they employed Choco

He's more than welcome at the kennel.

He'd be a perfect choice!

He had the job at GWS until a couple of the early picks told the club they would ask for a trade if Williams got the top job
Doesn't sound like a nice guy old Chocco from all reports, thank god we hired Richo instead of Williams.

If Hardwick gets the sack at Richmond Chocco will walk into the head coach position IMO. He would be great for the Western Bulldogs or GWS but I think he would only be interested in coaching a bigger club with more resources.

If Hardwick gets the sack at Richmond Chocco will walk into the head coach position IMO. He would be great for the Western Bulldogs or GWS but I think he would only be interested in coaching a bigger club with more resources.
Wouldn't put it past Chocco ending up at Collingwood. I wonder how much longer there gonna put up with Bucks.

Wouldn't put it past Chocco ending up at Collingwood. I wonder how much longer there gonna put up with Bucks.

Yeah anyone of Collingwood, Richmond or Essendon I could see him coaching. Time could be the enemy though, you'd think if he was going to be a head coach again it would have to happen within the next 3 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back