Certified Legendary Thread Chrisco Hampers - who in their right mind buys them ?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have herd of people taking the day off work because there Chrisco Hamper was being delivered.

God I hope you're telling the truth here.. how sad. I dont think I even want to associate myself with people who not only purchase these hampers but also think that it is such a momentous occasion when they arrive. Can just imagine the crosses on their calenders "4 days until our basket of canned goods arrived! zomfg!"

Also I now want to steal my mate's credit card (ridiculously too easy after a few drinks) and sign him up for a hamper next year for shits and giggles.. he's not one to look closely at his balances as well, so very possible for him to not notice $2 withdrawn every week, cant wait to see the look of joy on his face when 9L of tomato sauce arrives at his door. :)

God I hope you're telling the truth here.. how sad. I dont think I even want to associate myself with people who not only purchase these hampers but also think that it is such a momentous occasion when they arrive. Can just imagine the crosses on their calenders "4 days until our basket of canned goods arrived! zomfg!"

Also I now want to steal my mate's credit card (ridiculously too easy after a few drinks) and sign him up for a hamper next year for shits and giggles.. he's not one to look closely at his balances as well, so very possible for him to not notice $2 withdrawn every week, cant wait to see the look of joy on his face when 9L of tomato sauce arrives at his door. :)

That would be funny if you did that to your mate the look would priceless:).Yeah I was working somewhere and a work mate asked wheres whats her name one of the workers said she's not coming in because her Chrisco is getting dropped off we all laughed.Even the hampers at the supermarket really are not that good or good value for money better of doing your own or just getting them a gift card and they buy there own stuff.

What hamper will you get for $104? The water crackers and toilet paper hamper?

Last weekend I had some aunties and cousins staying at my place, one of the highlights was listening to them justifying their Christco hampers and bitching about how people give them flak for it.
What possible justification could they come up with?

What possible justification could they come up with?
A) It's fun
B) They don't notice the money missing - 'only $20 a week' FFS, they'd earn an average at best income, that's a lot of money over the space of a year, there's no way my family spends $1000 on Christmas food.
C) They're massive bogans

Well, they used A and B. C is where the truth lies though.

A) It's fun
B) They don't notice the money missing - 'only $20 a week' FFS, they'd earn an average at best income, that's a lot of money over the space of a year, there's no way my family spends $1000 on Christmas food.
C) They're massive bogans

Well, they used A and B. C is where the truth lies though.
To be fair I use the rationalisation of B for all sorts of things I buy, i.e. Foxtel.

It just blows my mind that anyone could think for a second that it's a good idea. Just save the $20 a week ffs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair I use the rationalisation of B for all sorts of things I buy, i.e. Foxtel.

It just blows my mind that anyone could think for a second that it's a good idea. Just save the $20 a week ffs.

Foxtel is a little bit different because you can't go to a shop and buy exactly the same product for less money, but yeah I get what you mean.

Don't get to drunk on the Cottees cordial
Nahson i have some Premium european beers from the hamper like heineken (made in New Zealand) Becks (Made in sydney) and Stella (tastes like extract from the mighty Yarra).

People who purchase Chrisco work ?? Wow that is a complete shock or did you mean to write "people reduce their pokie 'face-time' when they know Chriscos is being delivered" ?

hahah seriously they just reserve 15 machines...bolt home and sink the Jim Beam cans out of the hamper...back to the Doveton hotel and continue playing 15 machines

Hahaha... I just had a look at the website. How spectacularly crap and remarkably expensive too.

I like the stocking filler - it really should be 'shocking filler' - section.

Like this:

205167.jpeg

And inflatable chair. Just what every person wants. Like this knob in the beret.

And for a measly $20 you can get the dragon mug and tin set.

205266.jpeg

Sorry I havent browsed the latest copy of the catalogue just yet.. hence why Im unfamiliar with their prices/packages, but Im sure Ill find a suitable one by next year.

You haven't taken advantage of their FREE catalogue offer? FFS, who would pay for a catalogue, but they make out like it's a big deal.

Work in the "finance" industry & we whack these direct debits back quicker than you can say "Heinz Big red". Easy to sign up to $20.00 buck plan a month, but for those who do, it's alot harder to keep to the funds in the account, than say pay a lay-buy. And as if these people can pop $20.00 in an account every "pay" for 12 months.....

Reasons so far:
1/ Regional locations - solution: seeing as it's Christmas perhaps drive a little further to a location with larger supermarkets to get what you need - only once a year and they could make a day trip out of it.

It's a bit hard for these people to get to these locations, many would be either elderly, have their own farms or businesses to run, and would not afford to get into town or purchase all of the items that they would get.

Currently on the front page they have a playboy doona:D Imagine taking someone home to that, even if they were paralytic, I think they'd leave. There's a lot of money to be made out of silly people, e.g. pokies, end of the world bunkers and these hampers.

Good thread though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back