Clarkson highly critical of North and Petrie.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think his point is that the media play far bigger roles in determining the outcomes of MRP/tribunal headings than is fair. Ultimately it's just another example of why the MRP/tribunal are too adhoc in their findings, if there was more consistency the impact of the media would be lessened.

That's said Lake deserved everything he got in terms of suspension.
The media seems to influence a lot of policies in the AFL.

Shoot his mouth off? what are you watching??? Come down from the clouds mate.

He has more than expressed his views on a number of subject - including a major one involving your club. I don't have a problem with that - use whatever avenue is available - but it's then a bit rich for others to be accused of sitting on his mantle and be called a *

North have some form in this regard. Everytime on of their players get suspended they throw a tantrum.

Brayshaw even took a shot at Carlton after Ziebell was suspended for hitting Aaron Joseph.
Except he didn't hit him.... Did he? He attacked the ball, the umpire saw it clearly, didn't even pay a free kick... It is a disgrace that he was even sighted, worse he was suspended.

North have some form in this regard. Everytime on of their players get suspended they throw a tantrum.

Brayshaw even took a shot at Carlton after Ziebell was suspended for hitting Aaron Joseph.

Brayshaw was scathing because Carlton's injury report allegedly all but announced Joseph as clinically dead after the incident despite the fact that he returned to the field and played out the game - the very negative medical report contributed to his suspension which many thought was unjust.

Slight tangent but trial by media has been huge in the last couple of years and agree with others - parties shouldn't comment on them at all.

Brad Scott had a whinge as always.

But Petrie sat through many interviews including a grilling on the sunday footy show and pretty much said Lake was innocent and it was just a wrestle.

The only issue I have with the Lake suspension is that the same jury sat for both the Petrie case and Lake case. They should've been treated separately.

And yes the public/media outcry probably did add to Lake's suspension. But suspensions are 90% to keep the image of the game clean and a lot of people weren't happy with Lake. 5 seconds of possible choking turned it Lake attempting to murder Petrie but I guess that's why you don't choke someone.

Seems people didn't even listen to the interview.:drunk:
Either that or they choose to only hear what they want
I couldn't find another thread on this which i was shocked about, but i was more shocked at what i heard from Clarkson on 'On the Couch' tonight. Speaking about the Lake/Petrie incident, He said that he was disappointed in both North and Drew Petrie for how they handled the media after the incident and in the lead up to the tribunal case. In my opinion, and this has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a Geelong supporter, I'm not a hater like some, I thought it was very poor from Clarkson to call out North and Petrie like that. I don't know what he expects them to do, just ignore the Media all together? Why should North players and the coach just ignore Media commitments because someone from the opposition has done something wrong. I could imagine Brad Scott would be seething after hearing that?

Thoughts?
Clarkson is a little bitch whenever it comes to the media "influencing" the tribunal.
Nothing new from Clarkson, pass the buck as usual.

Well they're only going to have one tribunal sitting every week, and the earliest you could do it from a Sunday night game would be Tuesday wouldn't it?
Why do they only need 1 tribunal sitting per week ?

The players & clubs are full-time, they are professionals, the admin & every other part of the sport needs to be as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, he totally shouldn't have gotten weeks for being a dirty campaigner.

Damn AFL and Petrie.
Soo.....you have absolutely no idea what the thread is about or what was said. You just thought you would add something completely irrelevant, and what's more, completely incorrect. Nice :thumbsu:

Why do they only need 1 tribunal sitting per week ?

The players & clubs are full-time, they are professionals, the admin & every other part of the sport needs to be as well.

Pretty sure the people who sit on the tribunal are all professionals, I'm sure they would have busy schedules and not be able to sit on the tribunal more than one time a week.

I think the medical report indicated Joseph was clinically dead.

So 4 weeks or whatever it was is a a fair outcome for killing a Carlton player.

Lake and Hawthorn were out of luck. Petrie did the correct thing by Lake and said there was nothing in it, UNTIL Petrie got caught in the MRP as well. Petrie pleaded self defence when he went to the tribunal, that pretty much means North's case is that Lake is the bad guy.

Petrie and North looked after there own interests first, which is the right thing to do.

Hawthorn player Lake is responsible for his own actions, as the coach of Hawthorn Clarkson should be concerned about what his players do not what opposition players say to the media. His actions are what earned him his 4 weeks not media comments.

If things said in the media are preducial to the result then it is a concern all around. Make no mistake, this isn't just about Hawthorn, this is about all players that front the tribunal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back