Discussion Clash Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

Light blue.

288268.jpg

Dare I say that the Crows probably don't have black shorts.

Agreed that North would ideally be in white and the Crows black/blue, but I think an exception can be made for this game.
I think it's more a mix of 1) not having to maufacture black shorts and 2) Crows were the away team and so wear white shorts, in this year's set-up.

Hawthorn are to wear their white clash jumper on Friday night vs Carlton.

Great move by the AFL. Navy blue (dark) is ALWAYS going to clash with brown and gold. I might sound silly saying this.. But from the top tier of the stadium when the players are running at top speed on the other side of the ground, I find it hard to distinguish between the sides. Navy blue and white will provide ideal presentation for this match, especially with the expected Television audience being massive.

Hawthorn are to wear their white clash jumper on Friday night vs Carlton.

Great move by the AFL. Navy blue (dark) is ALWAYS going to clash with brown and gold. I might sound silly saying this.. But from the top tier of the stadium when the players are running at top speed on the other side of the ground, I find it hard to distinguish between the sides. Navy blue and white will provide ideal presentation for this match, especially with the expected Television audience being massive.

Source? It is the best option, however I don't reckon the predominantly gold guernsey with white shorts would have been that bad of a clash

Imagine if they wore the Brown jumper with gold stripes....would have been an eyesore of a clash.
Sorry mate, it's sort of irrelevant, but why do you go for St Kilda and Port?

The AFL's policy with clash jumpers is a massive farce.

Regardless of whether you are for or against clash jumpers, surely you must agree this is a farce considering that the AFL;

Considers these two jumpers to clash...
874346-st-kilda.jpg
murphy3-300x0.jpg

... while they think there is no clash between these two jumpers...
AFL+Rd+21+Essendon+v+Carlton+TKhg5zFNGPLl.jpg

...and they consider these two teams to clash...
413404-hawthorn.jpg
642657-taylor-walker.jpg

...while they consider these two teams not to clash...
images

...or this...
525475-tigers.jpg

...while they consider this to be a clash...
353016-gold-coast-suns.jpg
2012_Leaders-article.jpg

...and think this is okay...
images

Regardless of whether you think they all clash or they all don't clash, surely you must agree that the most amateurish thing about the AFL's clash jumpers policy is they cannot make a consistent ruling whether there is or isn't a clash.

The Eagles Tigers one was annoying, surely even though the Tigers should have a proper alternate they could've used common sense and asked if the Eagles wouldn't mind using the royal blue instead for 1 game.

On Monday I asked why aren't Collingwood wearing the white with black stripes against the Dees, why are they so adverse to wearing it?. A Pies supporter replied "Because it looks like s**t and why should we?" I answered "So you think Collingwood's jumper looked 'like s**t for a 100 years?"

Didn't get a reply...

The Eagles Tigers one was annoying, surely even though the Tigers should have a proper alternate they could've used common sense and asked if the Eagles wouldn't mind using the royal blue instead for 1 game.

On Monday I asked why aren't Collingwood wearing the white with black stripes against the Dees, why are they so adverse to wearing it?. A Pies supporter replied "Because it looks like s**t and why should we?" I answered "So you think Collingwood's jumper looked 'like s**t for a 100 years?"

Didn't get a reply...

I saw that post on the MB. Odd by the Pies supporter, didn't want to pull him up for it though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, apparently these two teams do clash....

View attachment 20897

View attachment 20898

,... Its just that they only clash in Melbourne.

Or another piece of AFL logic...

According to the AFL we clash with Carlton at Etihad...

art-zorko-dayne-620x349.jpg

bears7-20120811223633836267-620x414.jpg

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/brisbane-knocks-blues-over-20130315-2g6nx.html
LIONS LOOKED AT HOME
Brisbane didn't get the venue it wanted for the final but the Lions at least got to look like the home team. It was the AFL's decision for Carlton to wear its predominantly white strip to avoid a clash with the Lions, who wore their home jumper and maroon shorts. The Blues' new clash strip is an improvement on the sky blue they wore previously, but perhaps them wearing their navy blue and the Lions wearing the old Fitzroy strip - like they do in most Melbourne games - might have kept both sets of fans happy.

... but not at the 'Gabba...
blvcarl14.png

blcarl11.png

Apologies if this has already been done, but I was thinking last night during the freo game how completely unnecessary their white away strip is. They could easily go with these three kits against the right teams;

Worn exclusively at home.

worn away against Brisbane, Gold Coast, GWS, Sydney and Saint Kilda.

Worn away against WC, Adelaide, Port, Geelong, Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon, Hawthorn, Melbourne, Richmond, North Melbourne and Bulldogs.

Apologies if this has already been done, but I was thinking last night during the freo game how completely unnecessary their white away strip is. They could easily go with these three kits against the right teams;

Worn exclusively at home.

worn away against Brisbane, Gold Coast, GWS, Sydney and Saint Kilda.

Worn away against WC, Adelaide, Port, Geelong, Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon, Hawthorn, Melbourne, Richmond, North Melbourne and Bulldogs.
Remember though they no longer use green and red as their colours - they're purple and white.
Also, this would require 3 sets instead of two.
They do look good though :)

Remember though they no longer use green and red as their colours - they're purple and white.

They have 3 sets as it is ATM.

Home - Home Jumper
Away - Home Jumper - Sponsors reversed
Clash - Clash Jumper

Your right (about the numbers as well lol my bad) but red and green are sentimentally important for supporters, and are great for clashes, and I'm sure Freo would bring them back for marketing reasons

Prett sure Freo only has one purple jumper, sponsors same at home and in the maximum 3 away games they'd need it for a year.

Didn't get a reply...

FWIW we used to use the "Ochre" in home games vs Carlton in 2000 and 2001.

Sadly clubs seem to think (outside of Geelong in years past) that wearing white shorts is a sign of weakness which is a load of s**t.

The quicker the AFL comes out and makes the obvious ruling the better, because most of the older teams are not going to voluntarily do it, and it does ruin the spectacle

Uuuuuuum.

When has Fremantle ever had an issue with clash jumpers?

The game against Essendon last year. Sure. But it was the Bombers' need for a clash jumper, and them just not having one, that made it an 'issue.'

We wear our white jumper in every designated away game. And when we're playing North, Geelong, or Sydney, we wear our home. Geelong voluntarily wear white shorts, so that's cool. The Swans thing has been done... forever? And if North wanted a white jumper, blue shorts, and blue socks, we could mix and match and come to an arrangement.

Saying the Dockers have an issue with clash jumpers is batshit insane. It's like saying Brisbane, Gold Coast, West Coast, Port, the Crows, the Bullies, Hawthorn, Collingwood, and North Melbs don't have enough jumpers. lol.

Hmm. Is that from Youtube? And zoomed in how many times? The best way to gauge and assess a clash is: on the TV, in the stands. If you can't tell the differentiation there, then the away side have to provide a full strip that eases the issue.

Everything will look blurred in a low resolution jpeg. That's the worst argument and pretty much borders on self-parody, dude.

I go to plenty of games; probably two a week on average, and very rarely do I have an issue. In fact, the only times I notice a clash is when it's blown out in the third quarter and it comes into my head.

It's not an issue, really. The clash thing is overblown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back