Discussion Clash Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon and Melbourne using red WITH a dark colour was classified as a dark colour. Sydney was never affected.
Bulldogs currently wear this vs West Coast.
Teams use a white clash as it stops any issues with anyone they clash with (eg Crows thought about a yellow one but they'd still need something else for Eagles games).
I'm talking about team's guernsey choices. As in, you need a clash guernsey which is dark if you have a light primary guernsey, and vice versa. As in GC couldn't have a blue clash in lieu of their white clash due to having a dark (red) home guernsey and also a dark (red) away guernsey. Maybe if they had a blue away guernsey and a white clash, or vice versa, they could wear the combo you suggested

Yeah, Sydney's back is still too red.
I know that it's too red, I just wanted to see how it would look with white shorts. To be honest, I don't think it's terrible. Clash jumper should be worn, but it was worth a shot. I've never seen Sydney in a kit like that.

I think it would've worked 10 years ago.

I'm talking about team's guernsey choices. As in, you need a clash guernsey which is dark if you have a light primary guernsey, and vice versa. As in GC couldn't have a blue clash in lieu of their white clash due to having a dark (red) home guernsey and also a dark (red) away guernsey. Maybe if they had a blue away guernsey and a white clash, or vice versa, they could wear the combo you suggested
I'm really confused. You need a clash guernsey that isn't the same colour or near to the same colour as the home team.
GWS's primary guernsey is light, especially with white shorts, and they have a white clash kit, which, correct me if I'm wrong, is also light.

SydneyAwayJumper_zpsddf3dd2a.png
I feel like this could work better

Attachments

• sydneyquickclashmock.png
    sydneyquickclashmock.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 3
I feel like this could work better
Yeah I agree, anything with less red on the back would work. Like this which I made a while ago:

SydneyClashJumper2_zps6d883442.png

But yeah, just wanted to see how it would look vs Gold Coast in home jumper with white shorts.

I'm really confused. You need a clash guernsey that isn't the same colour or near to the same colour as the home team.
GWS's primary guernsey is light, especially with white shorts, and they have a white clash kit, which, correct me if I'm wrong, is also light.
I think you're missing my point. I'm talking in terms of internally, within the club, you need a primarily light guernsey and a primarily dark guernsey. Also, GWS home is deemed to be dark due to the charcoal (I'm guessing). If this wasn't the case, I'd guess that the Crows would go back to red and that the Dees would wear red clashes.

Yeah I agree, anything with less red on the back would work. Like this which I made a while ago:

SydneyClashJumper2_zps6d883442.png

But yeah, just wanted to see how it would look vs Gold Coast in home jumper with white shorts.
Put a triangle under the collar and that's their clash :p So essentially we're going around in circles to dodge their clash. Btw nice template, super clean and super cool. Sorry for botching it with my quick paint.net mock before

Put a triangle under the collar and that's their clash :p So essentially we're going around in circles to dodge their clash. Btw nice template, super clean and super cool. Sorry for botching it with my quick paint.net mock before
Yeah pretty much haha. I prefer their current clash due to the South Melbourne vee link.

haha no worries about that mate, I don't care, it was for the better of the discussion!

Says..................?
I like how you attack other people's opinions.

I like how you attack other people's opinions.
I'm trying to find the background to this, because I'm super confused as to
and
I think you're missing my point. I'm talking in terms of internally, within the club, you need a primarily light guernsey and a primarily dark guernsey.
And things like saying a royal blue guernsey wouldn't be allowed against Sydney when it's a Gold Coast clash, having been given clear pictures of the Western Bulldogs and West Coast Eagles wearing royal blue guernseys against Sydney.
Can someone clarify?

Status quo, and pretty sure it's been well discussed here many times. No need to add forty-eight full stops to show your dismissal of my point, by the way
I thought the premise of a clash top was contrasting colours.
Sydney = light kit.
West Coast royal wings = light kit.
No clash, even though they're both light.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a tricky one.

Like Sydney, Gold Coast, Bulldogs and GWS, I don't think any of these are light or dark.

I think it would be more practical if every team had inversed colour jumpers. i.e North, Bulldogs, West coast wings, Carlton, Collingwood etc.

It's a tricky one.

Like Sydney, Gold Coast, Bulldogs and GWS, I don't think any of these are light or dark.

I think it would be more practical if every team had inversed colour jumpers. i.e North, Bulldogs, West coast wings, Carlton, Collingwood etc.
What I'm trying to get at is, why would Gold Coast not be allowed to wear a royal blue kit against Sydney?

What I'm trying to get at is, why would Gold Coast not be allowed to wear a royal blue kit against Sydney?
They would be. No one is disputing THAT fact. Again, you're missing the point as in they'd still need a separate white guernsey. They'd either have to replace the wave guernsey or their home, and maintain the blue as an away or the white as an away and blue as a clash.

They would be. No one is disputing THAT fact. Again, you're missing the point as in they'd still need a separate white guernsey. They'd either have to replace the wave guernsey or their home, and maintain the blue as an away or the white as an away and blue as a clash.
I disagree that they'd need a white guernsey as well.
One red and one royal will cover all occasions. Even Brisbane, which some would see as the flaw in my argument, but North wore all royal against them not long ago.
0.jpg

And, by the way, the wave jumper is no longer in use as of 2014.

I disagree that they'd need a white guernsey as well.
One red and one royal will cover all occasions. Even Brisbane, which some would see as the flaw in my argument, but North wore all royal against them not long ago.
0.jpg

And, by the way, the wave jumper is no longer in use as of 2014.
Well if the wave is no longer in use, they could add it as an away guernsey if they desired (obviously). But even Brisbane still have a white clash. The blue would definitely solve the Swans clash, but it's about if GC want to use it as a colour on an away or clash guernsey. There was no doubt to whether blue would solve a clash, only to whether or not it could fit in GC's guernsey allocation

They would be allowed to, contrasting colours. Which is how it should be.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Gold Coast in yellow.

Well if the wave is no longer in use, they could add it as an away guernsey if they desired (obviously). But even Brisbane still have a white clash. The blue would definitely solve the Swans clash, but it's about if GC want to use it as a colour on an away or clash guernsey. There was no doubt to whether blue would solve a clash, only to whether or not it could fit in GC's guernsey allocation
Brisbane need a clash that's not maroon (clashes with navy) or gold (clashes with Eagles).

Gold Coast have gold side panels and a gold gps bib with gold numbers.

I'm not saying Sydney shouldn't wear a clash jumper vs the suns, I'm just saying they could get away with the white shorts.
Still not convinced that will work..

Way off topic, but I honestly cannot remember the last time we wore royal shorts
587316-west-coast-eagles.jpg

That's with the (assuming almost-)current tops...no outline on eagle or wings, but unsure about side-panels cutting wings off. Unsure of date.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back