Collingwood Magpies 2014 Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Suckling for your 2nd?
I have a bad feeling it could be Clinton Young all over again if we brought in Suckling, id rather pass, great player though, just dont think hes for us.

Half back with a laser left.

Big upgrade on Harry O
Yeah, i love his kicking action, but i have heard from people and seen him myself crumble under pressure, which would happen a lot more with us than it currently does with Hawthorn.

Hes a top up player in my opinion, and we arent good enough yet to start topping up, we need to get our core settled first before we start recruiting players to compliment our side.

Yeah, i love his kicking action, but i have heard from people and seen him myself crumble under pressure, which would happen a lot more with us than it currently does with Hawthorn.

Hes a top up player in my opinion, and we arent good enough yet to start topping up, we need to get our core settled first before we start recruiting players to compliment our side.

Yeah fair view too I think.
Just throwing it out there.

Yeah fair view too I think.
Just throwing it out there.
Yeah no worries, i really like his long goes, so low and fast.

Any reason why Hawk supporters are putting him on there trade market?

Yeah no worries, i really like his long goes, so low and fast.

Any reason why Hawk supporters are putting him on there trade market?

Divides supporters for the very reasons you mention. Can be soft as butter and not a very good defender but he has one of the best kicks in the game and is a real weapon.

Suckling for your 2nd?

Well he is a Lethal Left Foot Kick. Same was said about Young and he has been found out a bit at Collingwood.

So is Suckling has more Tricks then being a Fantastic Left Foot Long Penetrating Kick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suckling has a lot more skill than Young.

He is praised for his long raking left foot, accurate 50 metre passes.

Personally..

His peripheral vision and ability to drag a pass across his body and hit a target 20-35 metres and the receiving player not even break stride is his underrated weapon.

Would highly consider 2nd round draft pick. Only just turned 26.

Whats Jarryd Blair worth trade wise?

Packet of chips.

The salt on one chip*

FFS, you people don't know how to haggle.

calamackid - Blair is a premiership player and a fixture in our 22 through the year. He's right in the sweet spot of experience vs youth and is quite durable - has amazingly dodged any notable injury while all around him have gone down. He adds quite a bit of leadership and is highly rated within the club for his work rate and defensive acts. I think he'd add a lot to Richmond's forward line in terms of keeping balls locked in there and creating turn overs. Alternatively, he's played as an inside mid before and while probably not a permanent midfielder can certainly rotate through there.

Given all this, we'd be looking for a second round pick for him.

FFS, you people don't know how to haggle.

calamackid - Blair is a premiership player and a fixture in our 22 through the year. He's right in the sweet spot of experience vs youth and is quite durable - has amazingly dodged any notable injury while all around him have gone down. He adds quite a bit of leadership and is highly rated within the club for his work rate and defensive acts. I think he'd add a lot to Richmond's forward line in terms of keeping balls locked in there and creating turn overs. Alternatively, he's played as an inside mid before and while probably not a permanent midfielder can certainly rotate through there.

Given all this, we'd be looking for a second round pick for him.

They are haggling.

They start low
You go high
And ultimately meet in the middle.

On a side note... Renouf was a premiership player too... But sure as s#!t wasn't worth 29

They are haggling.

They start low
You go high
And ultimately meet in the middle.

On a side note... Renouf was a premiership player too... But sure as s#!t wasn't worth 29

Neither is Blair.

It's why he's staying at Collingwood because we'd never get a serious deal for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back