Collingwood Magpies 2014 Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I agree Watts for Lumumba would have been much better, I would some how try and get both though how I don't know.
At least getting Clark will send Reid down back again which I think we should do even if we don't get him.

Also I wouldn't trade Dayne Beams to Brisbane for any draft picks I wouldn't even trade him to St kilda for pick 1. Hope he stays, I'd put money on him staying.

And can someone tell me are we aloud to trade our 1st round pick so we can use our second to get Moore? I am reading both we can and can't a lot.

Yeah I agree Watts for Lumumba would have been much better, I would some how try and get both though how I don't know.
At least getting Clark will send Reid down back again which I think we should do even if we don't get him.

Also I wouldn't trade Dayne Beams to Brisbane for any draft picks I wouldn't even trade him to St kilda for pick 1. Hope he stays, I'd put money on him staying.

And can someone tell me are we aloud to trade our 1st round pick so we can use our second to get Moore? I am reading both we can and can't a lot.
No. father son bidding done pre trade period.

The clear difference between Young and Suckers is Suckers is an ACCURATE penetrating long left footer.

He's our hand off out side 50 for a certain goal

Correct - the concern with Young (coming from a Hawk mate) was that Young was no good for the 40-50 metre passes. No point kicking it 60+ metres if it lands in opposition hands.
Suckling would be intriguing - he does have a magnificent boot.
If we could pick up another pick in the 20's, I'd be happy to trade 28 for Suckling.
We simply don't have anyone in our back half who could provide that drive - GC have McKenzie and Kolo - we'll be needing someone of that skill set.

I have a bad feeling it could be Clinton Young all over again if we brought in Suckling, id rather pass, great player though, just dont think hes for us.

Yeah - As if Collingwood has no need for a player with precision foot skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah - As if Collingwood has no need for a player with precision foot skills.
Yeah, players with good foot skills, that dont crack under pressure. We dont need any more players who become a liability when the pressures on high.

A younger player player with composure and great foot skills would be welcomed.

Neither is Blair.

It's why he's staying at Collingwood because we'd never get a serious deal for him.
Blair for Garlett (Carlton)... Garlett has had an off season but could provide that flair in the forward line we need, plus 2 goals a game if he gets back to his usual form. Blair averages .6 goals a game which isn't good enough in my opinion.

Blair for Garlett (Carlton)... Garlett has had an off season but could provide that flair in the forward line we need, plus 2 goals a game if he gets back to his usual form. Blair averages .6 goals a game which isn't good enough in my opinion.

Blair seems to kick 5 every Carl/Coll game I go to (OK, maybe once, but it still burns), so if we traded him in, it would be only be adding 0.6 goals to us but also taking off 0.5 goals a game form opposition = 1.1 goals a game in total :) But seriously, I would take that trade. I think Garlett is worth more in isolation, but his off 18 months means we will take what we can get. And I doubt we'll get better than Blair.

What's the go with Kyle Martin? I read he is ripping it up in VFL, can't crack AFL side. Is he just not good enough for AFL? No spot for him given your strong midfield?

What would it take to trade him? Or if you can't trade rookies, what would you want in exchange for you to delist him and us to offer him a spot on the senior list. And legitimately is that something we should be going after (I only know surface story of Martin).

Blair seems to kick 5 every Carl/Coll game I go to (OK, maybe once, but it still burns), so if we traded him in, it would be only be adding 0.6 goals to us but also taking off 0.5 goals a game form opposition = 1.1 goals a game in total :) But seriously, I would take that trade. I think Garlett is worth more in isolation, but his off 18 months means we will take what we can get. And I doubt we'll get better than Blair.

What's the go with Kyle Martin? I read he is ripping it up in VFL, can't crack AFL side. Is he just not good enough for AFL? No spot for him given your strong midfield?

What would it take to trade him? Or if you can't trade rookies, what would you want in exchange for you to delist him and us to offer him a spot on the senior list. And legitimately is that something we should be going after (I only know surface story of Martin).

He got his chances at AFL level and didn't take it.

Looks like a straight swap Lumumba - Watts is going to happen.
Clark for 3rd rounder.
Darcy Moore most likely will go second round freeing up our first rounder.

Those 3 things happen and Collingwood will be very strong from 2015 and beyond.

Clark for 3rd rounder.

Moore will not go 2nd round.

Clark for 3rd rounder.

Why is Watts being mentioned here?
Re Oddhawk, undoubtedly unlikely, but definititely possible.

The bulldogs are not assured to get Wright or McCartin at 5 or worse 6 if the Dees get the 1st band for Frawley.

Moore is the next best. They will bid for him. So you'll either get him with your first.... Or you won't get him.

Bonus is you'd likely get Lavarde or maybe Lever if you're lucky. But you won't get him in your first.

The bulldogs are not assured to get Wright or McCartin at 5 or worse 6 if the Dees get the 1st band for Frawley.

Moore is the next best. They will bid for him. So you'll either get him with your first.... Or you won't get him.

Bonus is you'd likely get Lavarde or maybe Lever if you're lucky. But you won't get him in your first.
Bulldogs will have one of Lever, Macartin, Wright to choose from at pick 5... And all of them are better than Moore. Even If Moore presents fair value at pick 5(which he doesn't), Bulldogs would be reluctant to bid as it limits their trade options significantly. If someone has to bid for Moore, it would be Carlton, and to a much lesser extent GC.

Bulldogs will have one of Lever, Macartin, Wright to choose from at pick 5... And all of them are better than Moore. Even If Moore presents fair value at pick 5(which he doesn't), Bulldogs would be reluctant to bid as it limits their trade options significantly. If someone has to bid for Moore, it would be Carlton, and to a much lesser extent GC.

Moores ceiling is higher than all of them.... TheBulldogs will bid for him.

Moores ceiling is higher than all of them.... TheBulldogs will bid for him.
.... Jeez you must really rate Moore. Im pretty sure every club on this land would prefer someone like macartin or wright over him. If there has to be someone with the highest ceiling in this draft, it would be Peter Wright, Huge forward/ruck with unbelievable agility, skills strength etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back