List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys am I missing something here. Reiwoldt is a good player, but he's not a KPF, more your lead up hff. If Richmond can get two frist rounders, or Witts Cloke and a first rounder with a second flicked there way, if they can get Prestia and two second round picks for Riewoldt, then I suggest they trade him in fact if I was a Richmond supporter I would pack his bags and take him to the airport, and if he leaves me dangling outside like Beams suggested he'd to a Collingwood supporter on twitter for the same lift offer to the airport, well if I was a Richmond supporter I would take the offer of dangling outside the car for that sort of return.

I wish we had the same bandits with good returns for Collingwood players.

I think the rumor about Rewoildt it crap but if it was true he would be the perfect player for us. He is a smart forward so he would work very well with Moore, Elliott and Faz.

No way in the world would witts and cloke get it done. I would trade witts, cloke and next years first rounder with a return of a later pick(2nd or 3rd round from the tigers) to bring him in. I would then look at trading Langdon, Frost and Williams. Not because I don't think they can play but I think we have more talented young players who will keep these guys out of the best 22 and I think we could pick up a few 2nd and third rounders. I would then use a combo of these picks and players to get a late first rounder in this draft due to the rule of having atleast 2 first rounders over a 4 year period.

Im confident that we have a future backline but we desperately need to find someone who can support Moore.

As I said I highly doubt Jack is going anywhere but if he is we should move heaven and earth to get him.

Oh my god. You've hit rock bottom dude. If pain persists...

its BS.

started by Frawley saying he wasn't having a crack. BT then said in Sunday he might be tradeable. aint going to happen. footy classified then said he isn't the most popular bloke inside Richmond.

I'm also starting to think cloke wont be leaving anyway.

Wouldn't have thought there was much to it.

Also think he would be worth too much from a trade perspective if there was something to it.... and if we have currency to get Jack I would be trying to get someone a bit younger with said currency.

in hindsight it has worked out better. they are experienced senior players.
I hope you're right, but 2 years is a long time away from the game. I still think 2 years of experience into a couple of rookies may have found us something.

One hell of a war chest that we probably can't spend for 12 months at least.

it's almost too late now to be chasing the big name players in this year's trade period because it's common knowledge that a lot of deals are done months in advance now.

We are targeting the trade and FA period at the end of next season, and I'm fine with that, we aren't winning a flag next year, heck we may not even play finals so I can wait 12 months to chase a few big names.

We will still be active this trade period but it may well be to ensure firstly we have enough points for Daicos and Brown, then enough points to get back into the top 25-30 of the draft with a few picks.

Plus we don't have Picks to make Huge Trades

Can we get back on topic please guys.

Seeing as Blair is in our top 25% of earners would that mean he would get us a 2nd? If so theres Brown and Daicos sorted out with Blair and our 2nd round pick.

If we do end up trading Witts and Cloke which is likely we will need replacements for them. Id like Maric to be that mature depth ruckman but sad to hear that he is cooked? That leaves Minson, Jamar. What about Currie?

A Cloke replacement is harder to source which is kind of in a way we may need to keep him atleast until next year when quality tall forwards will be available. There is Jack but what would Bitchmond want and he is only 18 months younger than Cloke. Who is to say we could be in the same spot 2 years later. Then there is Josh Battle who is highly rated but is only a kid in the draft and you couldn't expect much in his first year. I do see him becoming a nice 3rd tall fwd ala Darling, Stringer, Gunston. The big fish to get is Peter Wright next year.

All the best in retirement to Toovs, Caff and likely to join them. Swanny. :'( How young is our list going to be next year with Toovey, Caff and probably Cloke, Swan, and Witts gone. Would have to be one of the youngest lists in the comp.
Blair one of our top earners? Is the chocolate factory subsidizing his wages?

I agree J Riewoldt should be a high priority if Cloke is to go and the rumours of Jack wanting out are true...

Maybe something like:
Richmond get Prestia, our 2nd this year and next
Suns get Witts, B Ellis
We get Jack...

We definitely need more Tassie in the team!
The Suns aren't going to let go of Prestia for Witts and Ellis lol

Hey thats just what I heard
Not questioning your mail, just can't fathom that Blair could be in the same pay bracket as Pendlebury, Treloar, Cloke, Swan, Sidebottom, Reid etc. Even Greenwood is on a rumoured 480k

All this talk is making me nervous, our two best developing players are Moore and Grundy, we want to trade their only real backups in Cloke And Witts. So the young lads play 23 games without back-up?

I'm firmly in the keep Cloke camp, supports Darcy and allows for a shift in roles if Grundy goes down.

The Suns aren't going to let go of Prestia for Witts and Ellis lol
Probably not, but I don't see them getting pick 6 from the Tigers either. From what I have read and heard, they want players rather than more picks...
Tigers don't have much to offer, doubt they need/want Riewoldt. Would they take Deledio and Ellis? Vickery, Conca and Ellis?
Just don't see it, is why I thought we might be able to jump in and help them (us)...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this talk is making me nervous, our two best developing players are Moore and Grundy, we want to trade their only real backups in Cloke And Witts. So the young lads play 23 games without back-up?

I'm firmly in the keep Cloke camp, supports Darcy and allows for a shift in roles if Grundy goes down.

Can't speak for the 'Pies, but I don't want to trade Witts.
But he is too good to spend his career playing second fiddle / fill in to a guy younger than him.

Brandon Ellis is about as good as the Suns could expect for him, I would have thought it would almost be their best case scenario.

Edit: Or are we talking about Corey Ellis?

It will be their 1st round pick, which they will use to get a decent player. Brandon Ellis is average. Prestia is a very good young midfielder - one of their best.

It will be their 1st round pick, which they will use to get a decent player. Brandon Ellis is average. Prestia is a very good young midfielder - one of their best.
Fair enough if that's how most people see it. I see Brandon Ellis as a very good young midfielder who was used as a rebounding defender this year. He'd go straight back into the midfield at the Suns. I'd be surprised if the Tigers even offered him as part of a trade though so I doubt it matters.

I'd keep Witts unless a sweet heart deal.
Witts has been slaying hem, granted in the seconds.
If Grundy gets injured then Witts would feel extremely valuable.
No pint giving away an advantage for average stuff

Brandon Ellis is about as good as the Suns could expect for him, I would have thought it would almost be their best case scenario.

Edit: Or are we talking about Corey Ellis?
You and I clearly rate B Ellis very differently!

I'm not so sure the club wants to trade Witts, rather than he's seen the writing on the wall and is seeking more opportunity. He knows that Grundy has got the number 1 spot secured now, and clearly doesn't want to spend his entire career playing second fiddle.

Hmm, I like Witts but I just think we will get more for him at the table than what he is worth to us, he has not shown anything as a forward and is clearly now number 2 ruck. If we can turn him into a decent pick and also bring in a B grade ruck for insurance then that balances our list better. Of course if he is happy to stay on the list and prove himself then I wish him the best.

I'm not so sure the club wants to trade Witts, rather than he's seen the writing on the wall and is seeking more opportunity. He knows that Grundy has got the number 1 spot secured now, and clearly doesn't want to spend his entire career playing second fiddle.
I'm sure you are spot on right.

Hmm, I like Witts but I just think we will get more for him at the table than what he is worth to us, he has not shown anything as a forward and is clearly now number 2 ruck. If we can turn him into a decent pick and also bring in a B grade ruck for insurance then that balances our list better. Of course if he is happy to stay on the list and prove himself then I wish him the best.
As with apex, you're right.

It's a pity Witts hasn't found a forward niche and say kick 30 or 40 goals per year.
He's a bit of a gentle giant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back