Opinion Commentary and media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was on the Foxtel telecast last night but I was referring to Ch7 game day this morning.

Did anyone else feel the Foxtel camera work last night was very poor? Lots of wide shots and not enough focus on the play close up. I felt like I needed binoculars to watch TV!
Ah, gotcha.

And yes! Heaps of long shots. Dunno what that was all about. Felt like I was in the back row of the Great Southern Stand and had forgotten my glasses at times.
I said the same about the camera work, my take was that the camera operators didn't know the game (maybe used to NRL), combined with Derrrmot and going back to Sandy Roberts who showed us the Carltank song before going to the other game made it pretty s**t as a whole.

That was on the Foxtel telecast last night but I was referring to Ch7 game day this morning.

Did anyone else feel the Foxtel camera work last night was very poor? Lots of wide shots and not enough focus on the play close up. I felt like I needed binoculars to watch TV!

I thought we had the Ch 7 cameramen on the job. Too much work from strange angles for my liking.

I said the same about the camera work, my take was that the camera operators didn't know the game (maybe used to NRL), combined with Derrrmot and going back to Sandy Roberts who showed us the Carltank song before going to the other game made it pretty s**t as a whole.

I thought we had the Ch 7 cameramen on the job. Too much work from strange angles for my liking.
Was definitely the B team in operation. Not enough cameras and the cameramen/directors appeared clueless about how to cover the right angles and the level of zoom required.

Dermie is a gutless squib, never says anything bad about pupulo dropping his knees, but as soon as Thomas does, he's an actor, a blight and should never ever get a free.

Dermie is a gutless squib, never says anything bad about pupulo dropping his knees, but as soon as Thomas does, he's an actor, a blight and should never ever get a free.
Was thinking that exact same thing. The umpires are all over the place with this rule, they f***ed it up at least 3 times that quarter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cometti has dead set lost the plot. On Friday night he praised the Richmond jumper as being the best in the league and in the next breath he was criticising it not liking the sash on the back. The ramblings of a fruit loop. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While most of this article is speculation, I found the stats below damning! Dumont, a 6th gamer that is barely allowed on the ground for 4 quarters, has the 5th highest centre bounce attendance!

I'm assuming this may change with NDS back, but we need to find some more variety in our midfield!

North Melbourne have 40 games to win a premiership or risk losing opportunity
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...sing-opportunity/story-fnp04d70-1227422435437

CENTRE BOUNCE ATTENDANCES
Rotation balance (Before Round 13)

North Melbourne
1. B Cunnington 249
2. A Swallow 220
3. J Ziebell 220
4. R Bastinac 133
5. T Dumont 48

Hawthorn
1. S Mitchell 180
2. J Lewis 134
3. L Breust 105
4. W Langford 101
5. L Hodge 99

While most of this article is speculation, I found the stats below damning! Dumont, a 6th gamer that is barely allowed on the ground for 4 quarters, has the 5th highest centre bounce attendance!

I'm assuming this may change with NDS back, but we need to find some more variety in our midfield!

Yep agreed. I've been on about that for a while. We need more variety in the middle

Say what you want about Dennis Comitti but calls like "Mitchell jabs it forward" makes him one of the best!
His puns on Friday night footy are subtle, but good.

Jon Anderson HS:
11. NORTH MELBOURNE

The Kangas tease, they promise and ultimately they don’t deliver. Is there a more flaky outfit in the competition? They are the type of crew that end coaching careers.

Injuries: Nil. SuperCoach: Goldstein (162) continues to assert his dominance over AFL ruck rivals.

639888-73b82888-2305-11e5-a9e6-02631f3a9fa9.jpg

AFL.com (Ashley Browne):
... Kangas flop
North supporters would have been hoping for the same on the Gold Coast, but as is their tendency, the Kangaroos did not miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

There was no grinding out the win against the Suns, who while better for the return of Gary Ablett and David Swallow, were still inexperienced and down on manpower.

No, instead it took North nearly a half to register a goal and it took erstwhile midfielder Ben Cunnington drifting forward to finally hit the scoreboard. That's an indictment on a forward line that has never appeared totally convincing all year.

North also lacked real speed through the midfield – the absence of Daniel Wells has been glaring this season – and skill execution was generally poor.

The loss leaves the Roos a game and a half out of the eight and while much is made of the club's generally favourable run home to the finals, Saturday's loss begs the obvious question of whether the side is good enough in any event to take advantage of the supposedly soft draw over the next few weeks.

Note to self: Don't get carried away with the Roos, no matter how they fare over the next six weeks.

FoxSports.com:
NORTH MELBOURNE

INJURIES

Leigh Adams (concussion) indefinite

Daniel Currie (foot) 1 week

Sam Durdin (shoulder) season

Taylor Garner (hand) 2-4 weeks

Nathan Grima (back) 1-2 weeks

Daniel Nielson (knee) season

Ed Vickers-Willis (shoulder) season

Daniel Wells (Achilles tendon) indefinite

ON THE BLOCK: Suspect Brad Scott spent much of Saturday afternoon wiping names off his magnet board. Whipping boy Ben Jacobs was given the job on Gary Ablett, not only was he unable to stop the little master [few can] he failed to fire a shot himself. Robin Nahas tried to be too cute too often, while Jarrad Waite and Majak Daw did nothing to warrant selection this week.

ON THE CUSP: Ben Brown kicked four goals — three in the first quarter — in his VFL return while Ryan Bastinac starred for North Ballarat with 34 disposals and 15 clearances. Luke McDonald and Aaron Mullett remain in contention.

GILBERT GARDINER’S FORECAST: Would hate to think where this lot would be without Todd Goldstein and Shaun Higgins in the side. The former is an All Australian lock after 14 rounds while the Higgins might well just be the recruit of the year. They’ve finally hit rock bottom the Roos and they’ve only got themselves to blame. The next three weeks (Geelong, Essendon and Brisbane at the Gabba) are must wins, no ifs, buts or maybes. Suspect there will be some tough questions being asked at Arden St this week — from top to bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back