Toast Congratulations Ed Langdon

Remove this Banner Ad

could be to do with us only introducing 4 first game players over the last couple of years (lowest in the AFL), so its a special event when it happens and the crowd enjoys it.

Nah. The future was our only source of hope at many times during our short history. Weve always put a special effort into cheering on our newest guys. It always starts from the supporters behind the bench, some of our loudest and best supporters are around there. They are extra special because they have to sit on wooden benches every game:)

Last edited:
Nah. The future was our only source of hope at many time during our short history. Weve always put a special effort into cheering on our newest guys. It always starts from the supporters behind the bench, some of our loudest and best supporters are around there. They are extra special because they have to sit on wooden benches every game:)

poor bastards, luckily I only had to endure a year of the wooden benches before changing seats.

Nah. The future was our only source of hope at many time during our short history. Weve always put a special effort into cheering on our newest guys. It always starts from the supporters behind the bench, some of our loudest and best supporters are around there. They are extra special because they have to sit on wooden benches every game:)
Extra special

...aaaand things just keep getting better for Ed, and for Freo. :)

With the Crows beating the Eagles, we're now guaranteed top spot if we win today. RTB knows it, and has already pulled the plug on Walters, exchanging him with Duffield.

Duffield has just been named as the sub - so young Mr Langdon gets a full game on his debut!! How f***ing cool is that? :cool:

Thank you very much Adelaide! Go get 'em Ed - we'll cheer you on loudly and often!! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd imagine that Weller, Langdon and Alex Pearce will all play next week. It's a shame about Blakely's injury: it's probably cost him a jumper too.

Maybe Ethan Hughes as a smokey for a debut? Or Brady Grey, given Sutcliffe's injury.

He looks like a D.Pearce clone (the good parts). Very direct with his play style, always looking to go forward and backed himself in to hit some tight kicks, didn't come off but like what I saw.
Also thought the club set him up nicely, was emergency week before and got to travel with the team and then a full game at home for a debut. Well done FFC.

I thought he had a good first half and faded. Showed enough to get a gig next week if Freo rest players.
Totally agree. He ran around unopposed for much of the game, played back, played forward and ran from ene to end. For the most part of the game he looked a little lost when he didn't have the ball but that's to be expected. It would have been nice if he slotted that set shot and gathered that handpass from Pav but otherwise a solid debut. It will get harder for him from here but he'll get better too. Good game.

He got free alot but wasnt used, not much he can do about that though, seems to have a tank since he was free as the game went on couldn't understand why he was getting ignored only for us to kick it longer to a contest. Am i the only one who noticed this?

He got free alot but wasnt used, not much he can do about that though, seems to have a tank since he was free as the game went on couldn't understand why he was getting ignored only for us to kick it longer to a contest. Am i the only one who noticed this?

Im sure they'll pass the ball to you a bit more when they start trusting you Ed!

Congrats on the first game!

Yep, I noticed it.

We did the same to Alex in his first game but as the weeks went by and he proved himself the other players got more confidence in him. I suggest the same will happen for Ed.

For some reason its become one of those BF things for people who don't actually watch much to denigrate B Hill as some kind of turnover merchant when as you point out, quite the opposite is true.

The same could be said in real life that people (usually WC supporters) who don't watch much footy to tell us Freo supporters that we've got the wrong Hill and the Hawks version is better. Just not true.

The thing I liked about his game was that he kept running into space when we had the ball . He has some serious speed about him as well , when he was chasing Garlett he was catching up with him every step and Garlett is very quick . He loves to tackle and was not afraid to put the body into contests .
All Good for next week IMHO.
For those questioning the dropping of Alex he is very sore and RTB told him during the week that he is getting 2 weeks off to get over the soreness and ready for the finals .
Connor Blakely's ankle was not good enough to go this week but he will be cherry ripe for the Port game .
This info is straight from their mouths on Saturday at the Peel game .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back