Votes: 9 8.3%

Votes: 9 8.3%

Votes: 57 52.3%
  • 30 or more

Votes: 7 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have just played a straight bat, like he would have done with his beloved team for instance. Instead, he had to highlight how upset he was on Cripps biggest individual award. F$&@ him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wasn’t it an interview at the time, some 5-6 weeks ago? Surely he didn’t say that in the last 24 hours

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well done Skip. Thoroughly deserved recognition of a fantastic season and a brilliant footballer.

Many wrote him off but he carried himself and led this team with aplomb. As he always has.

I am so glad he finally gets some recognition for the career he has had to date. Here's hoping there are many more accolades to come.

Did anyone else honestly believe Crippa won it once they left the Carlton v Collingwood last in the round 23 polling.

Its been a while it seems since a player won the Brownlow in the final round of voting, last few years, the winner seemingly won it with 1 or 2 rounds to spare.

I loved Juddy but having a drafted developed a Brownlow Medalist captain is something very special
It’s so good watching him evolve and grow from the average public speaker to the confident self assured communicator.
Watching him lead the team out of the race always gave me confidence just because of his physical stature.
Now I have faith that he can develop relationships and gives speeches to inspire the team
The speech he gave showed high intelligence he didn’t repeat himself he’s gathered a lot of knowledge since he joined us
I feel he is truly maturing and understanding his own power this confidence is infectious
Watching peak Cripps over the next few years is going to be so much fun
The laconic country wisdom and values along with his steely will to improve and win make him a great Leader

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he got pretty lucky. He shouldn't have got any votes mid season. He was more deserving of the Brownlow in 2019. But he spoke well and this win will enhance his leadership and our team culture. But I think Shai Bolton is the best player in the league right now though.

If we can draft some decent wingers and our small forwards improve, we can win the premiership next year.

Here he is!

I think he got pretty lucky. He shouldn't have got any votes mid season. He was more deserving of the Brownlow in 2019. But he spoke well and this win will enhance his leadership and our team culture. But I think Shai Bolton is the best player in the league right now though.

If we can draft some decent wingers and our small forwards improve, we can win the premiership next year.
Shai Bolton is a inconstant flashy player and isn’t worthy of tying the shoelaces of the top 10 brownlow voters from yesterday’s count, let alone the winner.

Team for next season:

B: *NewPlayer------------Weitering---------------Newman

H: Williams-----------------McGovern---------------Saad

C: Docherty-----------------Cripps----------------*Acres

H: Silvagni-----------------C.Curnow---------------Martin

F: Honey---------------------McKay----------------Motlop

Foll: *Grundy, Cerra, Walsh

Bench: De Koning, Marchbank, Hewett, Cuningham

Emerg: Pittonet, Young, Kennedy, Kemp, Durdin, Fisher

Trade/Delist: Plowman, Fogarty, Setterfield, Dow

He’s back!

Any idea yet on who the “new player” in the back pocket next year for us should be?

Interesting article that shows who would have won the Brownlow Medal had they not changed the way it was counted and stuck to the original most best on grounds…

In that case Diesel and Judd and Cripps would have still won their years

But Justin Madden would have won in 1985, Paul Meldrum in 1987, SOS in 1990, and Matthew Allan in 1999!

Can anyone find a link to his acceptance speech from last night ? I’ve tried everywhere with no luck.
Thanks guys

I don’t know if you’ve found it since your post but here you go mate

Edit: I just saw your post a couple posts up. :D

The moment before the win…

Crippa anticipating

Mon nervous

Mitchell excited

Mrs McKay fingers crossed

47b3c3cd9237f85081d750aabe967052.jpg

The comments are in that article. Gil actually said them before the Brownlow at some stage and they leaked out.

Crippa’s response was perfect, “He called my name for the last three votes, so I’ll just leave it at that.”
Gil is a little contradictory here....on one hand he thinks Cripps suspension should have been upheld and on the other he thinks Cripps is a worthy Brownlow winner. It has to be one or the other.

Back