Certified Legendary Thread Convicted Rapist: Jarryd Hayne - Fumbling and Quitting the Lifelong Dreams ™

Remove this Banner Ad

HAVING just watched his son become a worldwide sporting superstar, Jarryd Hayne’s father proudly declared: “My son just created history.”

And former Australian NFL star Col Scotts proclaimed: “This sporting achievement is as high as what Sir Donald Bradman achieved in cricket.”

----------------------------------------------------

Jesus Christ what a time to be alive
pD3EQ.gif

Probably not - no one cares about Rugby or Rugby League or whatever the easterners want to call it in WA.

Anyway he currently has a 3 year contract that runs until he is 30 - usually the useful lifespan of the RB. However the game evolves - try not to look at him as a RB, FB, TE or WR but as an offensive weapon. All the 49ers are doing are seeing if he has the basics to play with the big boys. If he does he would be usable to try some exciting stuff this year. To win Superbowls you need to be able to innovate, adapt, push boundaries and excel.

Looks like he has the basics - pretty much a lock for the squad of 53. Practice Squad would be desirable but you don't want to wait til you are too far behind in the NFC West til you bring out your big guns. Trial by fire - see if he works then put him on the practice squad.

HAVING just watched his son become a worldwide sporting superstar, Jarryd Hayne’s father proudly declared: “My son just created history.”

And former Australian NFL star Col Scotts proclaimed: “This sporting achievement is as high as what Sir Donald Bradman achieved in cricket.”

----------------------------------------------------

Jesus Christ what a time to be alive

Like how Fox Sports had graphic under Scotts as former tight end when he was a DL. Typical stupid comment by Scotts, wish they'd stop wheeling him out. The guy's clueless.

Hayne is the best RB you've seen since Sanders

Actually, I'm surprised he's even been put in that position considering its a role he never played really in the NRL. I personally think he's best suited to the kick/punt return position and as a possible RB option due injury to the other RB's. More natural position much similar to the FB role in the NRL.

So, forget the first game and some lucky breaks. Now a home game against the Dallas Cowboys. Along with their luscious cheerleaders, their defence will be very much aware now of who Hayne is. And if he has a run, what he's capable of and what he's not. As a returner, they'll know his ability under the high ball, and his step/cut to evade first defender.

So now much much more pressure for Hayne to perform equally if not more so then first game. Hence why I think the coach wasn't that overawed and said he has much work to do.

So, as a returner, does he play safe out of endzone? Continue to attempt to step and palm guys to make yardage? As a RB if he gets that role again, he'll need to do a lot to impress although I still think thats not his best position unless they use him for those short passes < cant remember what thay call them. Only way to keep him in some space that way.

Exciting game coming up. Be nice to watch it.

If Hayne is supposedly one the the NRLs best players how come I never have never ever heard of him?

Location "Perth"

enough said.

Your lucky to have heard of Gary Ablett.

Anyone with even the smallest possible passing interest at all in league would have heard of Hayne.

Am I the only one that didn't even know who Hayne was before this?

Kram81 oh look Location WA. See above for why I'm not surprised by that. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

short passes are called short passes

There's a particular play where its not just called a 'short pass'.

If they really worry about what Hayne can do returning kicks then they won't kick it to him

So they will kick it to him, watch him step and palm guys like he did to houston because they arent worried about him? Makes sence.

Either that, or I think its more likely, like most NFl players, they have no creativity and will simply punt it downfield for no reason other then the coach says that and Hayne will catch, step and make yardage.

There's a particular play where its not just called a 'short pass'.

So they will kick it to him, watch him step and palm guys like he did to houston because they arent worried about him? Makes sence.

Either that, or I think its more likely, like most NFl players, they have no creativity and will simply punt it downfield for no reason other then the coach says that and Hayne will catch, step and make yardage.
It's clear that you have never watched an NFL game before Sunday

Swing Play. What was it you were saying?

lol Swing pass is the play route like Post, Curl, Sluggo, slant, screen ect. there are 3 passes. Short 0-10yds, Med 10-20yds down field and deep pass over 20yds.

Swing Play. What was it you were saying?

You can't make a living in the NFL by catching flat routes and the occasional screen. The video you posted was college football where this sort of offense is much more prominent and effective.

When I said that "If they really worry about what Hayne can do returning kicks then they won't kick it to him", I meant that if they were really worried about him being dangerous on kick/punt returns then they simply won't allow him to return kicks, i.e. they will kick it out of bounds or over his head

lol Swing pass is the play route like Post, Curl, Sluggo, slant, screen ect. there are 3 passes. Short 0-10yds, Med 10-20yds down field and deep pass over 20yds.

Actually that was stated by some NFL fans in forums in the US who think his RB skills will only be great in plays like that one where he may have more space as opposed to simply running into defence. Not his best option for his skills. And I doubt if he does make the 53, he wont play much there.

You can't make a living in the NFL by catching flat routes and the occasional screen. The video you posted was college football where this sort of offense is much more prominent and effective.

When I said that "If they really worry about what Hayne can do returning kicks then they won't kick it to him", I meant that if they were really worried about him being dangerous on kick/punt returns then they simply won't allow him to return kicks, i.e. they will kick it out of bounds or over his head

Cant expect them to kick over his head every time. Which will make the Dallas game interesting.

Actually that was stated by some NFL fans in forums in the US who think his RB skills will only be great in plays like that one where he may have more space as opposed to simply running into defence. Not his best option for his skills. And I doubt if he does make the 53, he wont play much there.

Cant expect them to kick over his head every time. Which will make the Dallas game interesting.
I think you'd be surprised at a teams willingness to avoid giving a player a chance to burn them

Obviously on kickoffs the kicker has to have the leg to kick it 75 yards

F***ing out at not kicking it over his head every time.

Anyway the more success Hayne has the better for NFL here in Australia.

We're going to have to endure a lot of short term pain before the positives come though.

Anyway the more success Hayne has the better for NFL here in Australia.

Not that the AE needs any more exposure.. ;) but the BF traffic will take a detour thru our boards a lot more.

Like how Fox Sports had graphic under Scotts as former tight end when he was a DL. Typical stupid comment by Scotts, wish they'd stop wheeling him out. The guy's clueless.

Clueless and still concussed!! :D

Earning enough to have his phone connected apparently. Lose his number FFS!!

I'm really not surprised he doesn't have a NFL scouting program over here or a segment on TV for the NFL. What a putz!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back