Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been working from home for five weeks. Not going to be sustainable to do this for a long period. Damage caused from isolation will be huge - mental health, financial, relationship breakdowns etc. I sort of think we have these measures for four more weeks. This will allow further analysis of how the virus works, allows hospitals to stockpile and lowers infection rates. From there slowly open up. If infections go north, lockdown again. Unfortunately it probably means the elderly, ill and vulnerable will have to lay low for a lot longer but that’s a better outcome than all of us being locked down.

On April 11 they said may 11, then yesterday it’s also a month at least, they don’t have a fixed date for anything, they’ll say what they want wether it’s true or not.

On April 11 they said may 11, then yesterday it’s also a month at least, they don’t have a fixed date for anything, they’ll say what they want wether it’s true or not.
We here in Spain have had a partial softening of the lockdown for some non-essential workers to go back to work, but most of us are still in lockdown. We have had two revised end dates. It went from March 30th to April 13th to April 26th. I foresee it being another two weeks after that at least. My school where I work will probably not open until mid May. I have been doing some projects at home to keep myself busy, but it starts to wear on you after a while. I just want this to be over and we can get back to our regular lives. I hope this is not going to be a long haul situation, but I fear it might be in terms of some restrictions.

We here in Spain have had a partial softening of the lockdown for some non-essential workers to go back to work, but most of us are still in lockdown. We have had two revised end dates. It went from March 30th to April 13th to April 26th. I foresee it being another two weeks after that at least. My school where I work will probably not open until mid May. I have been doing some projects at home to keep myself busy, but it starts to wear on you after a while. I just want this to be over and we can get back to our regular lives. I hope this is not going to be a long haul situation, but I fear it might be in terms of some restrictions.
Oh Hi, we are neighbours... kinda. Im in Cannes and very interested in what Spain is going to do and in particular travel through summer. My info is that Spain is not likely to open it's borders for international travel this summer, and any internal 'summer holiday' travel will be restricted to within your own region travel.

Macron gave us May 11th as our new targeted 'end-date'.

Is this what you understand? And would you expect France and Italy to go the same way?

May 11 not as an end date, but at least loosening of some of the restrictions and the go ahead for a bit of normality to return is what I thought would have been intended. This all started at a crap time for me as my dogs were put to sleep at the same time, damn I miss them, so I didn't need this corona crap to make my life worse during that time. it's been really hard. Surprises me Spain with those numbers have made a step in softening restrictions with the statistics there, compared to here.

Oh Hi, we are neighbours... kinda. Im in Cannes and very interested in what Spain is going to do and in particular travel through summer. My info is that Spain is not likely to open it's borders for international travel this summer, and any internal 'summer holiday' travel will be restricted to within your own region travel.

Macron gave us May 11th as our new targeted 'end-date'.

Is this what you understand? And would you expect France and Italy to go the same way?

Can't see any countries opening borders for a long time, but loosening of restrictions on each home soil should be done soon.

Can't see any countries opening borders for a long time, but loosening of restrictions on each home soil should be done soon.
That's what I'm hoping for... on a selfish level. A summer in Europe with no border crossings is actually bliss for me.

Where are you, and what happened to your dogs?

That's what I'm hoping for... on a selfish level. A summer in Europe with no border crossings is actually bliss for me.

Where are you, and what happened to your dogs?

Old age and medication wasn't helping give them quality any more, could barely take them on a walk or anything, losing hearing and site as well. was a tough call but one of those things for the best (question it at times, apparently that's part of grieving). they were both over 14.

I don't travel, haven't been overseas since I think 2002 or 3.....so I'm not bothered by it either

So what's the truth about testing, sometimes it's a swab test that can take less than a few minutes for a result or a blood test that takes two day. Inconsistencies with everything, sick of it.

So what's the truth about testing, sometimes it's a swab test that can take less than a few minutes for a result or a blood test that takes two day. Inconsistencies with everything, sick of it.
I would have thought most tests would be the stick up the nose that takes days to get results.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought they had drive through swab testing with instant results?
Joondalup has a walk in clinic, doesn't have instant results.

I guess that when it kicked off they bought the tests available and since then other methods have been developed and they have a backlog of test kits to work through. They aren't going to throw out all the 3 day kits for 30 min kits.

Mate of mine had the virus test - nasal swab, results took 3 days to come back negative.

So even though I've been WFH for 3.5 weeks, my work wants me to go in to get the annual flu jab, not sure if I will or not...

Everyone would love lockdown to be over ASAP (although to be honest the working from home aspect I am absolutely adoring), but another concerning uptick in Singapore cases is a scary indication of what happens if you take the foot off the gas. Fortunately they haven't had an increase in deaths but there is always a lag so it will be interesting to see where they're at in a couple of weeks.

I’ve been working from home for five weeks. Not going to be sustainable to do this for a long period. Damage caused from isolation will be huge - mental health, financial, relationship breakdowns etc. I sort of think we have these measures for four more weeks. This will allow further analysis of how the virus works, allows hospitals to stockpile and lowers infection rates. From there slowly open up. If infections go north, lockdown again. Unfortunately it probably means the elderly, ill and vulnerable will have to lay low for a lot longer but that’s a better outcome than all of us being locked down.
It’s time for Australia in certain areas to get going.

Why would you not get the flu shot?

This ^

I don't usually get one, but being in a higher risk group (Diabetic\Hypertension\nearing 60) the Dr has recommended it this year to remove flu as a risk itself.
Cost me nothing, gives me some peace of mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back