Mega Thread COVID-19 Carlton & the AFL - NO POLITICS/NO RELIGION/NO CONSPIRACIES ETC

Remove this Banner Ad

I have been vaccinated, but there are plenty that haven't had the opportunity to even get their first yet. Till everyone has that opportunity people need to be prepared to make some sacrifices for the greater good.

By all means protest the hell out if it once everyone who wants to be vaccinated is vaccinated..

Anyone on government benefits who goes to a protest where they know that they are breaking the law and are likely to be fined $5000+ obviously doesn't need government assistance.
I'm one of those people too young to be vaccinated. However, that doesn't mean I get to demand that people lose their right to protest.

I'm not advocating for them to go on a pub crawl, but if they want to protest outdoors, have at it.

I don't mind people getting shitty with selfish idiots who are having parties, etc. But this disease is nowhere near serious enough to be talking about punishing protesters, even if only on a temporary basis.

I'm one of those people too young to be vaccinated. However, that doesn't mean I get to demand that people lose their right to protest.

I'm not advocating for them to go on a pub crawl, but if they want to protest outdoors, have at it.

I don't mind people getting shitty with selfish idiots who are having parties, etc. But this disease is nowhere near serious enough to be talking about punishing protesters, even if only on a temporary basis.
This disease is no where near serious enough?

Have you not seen/heard/read first and second hand experiences?

This disease is no where near serious enough?

Have you not seen/heard/read first and second hand experiences?
Yes. I've also studied the statistics.

The one that stands out the most is that the average number of years lost per death is negative. In other words, the disease overwhelmingly kills people who are already above the average life expectancy.

Don't get me wrong, all death is tragic, even when people die peacefully in their sleep. And there have been a handful of cases where young, healthy people have died from covid.

Having said all of that, we need to keep things in perspective. We're unlikely to save any lives by banning protests. Unless people over 70 decide to rock up to them, but that's their choice, and it's not our place to tell them they can't go.

The right to protest, and tell the government you disapprove of what they're doing is not trivial. You don't have to be an avid news watcher to see what happens in other parts of the world, when that right is taken away.

Thank fu** you lot aren't in power, we wouldn't have any rights left.

People protesting isn't the reason we have a (small) outbreak at the moment. Get a grip people.

Better yet, go get vaccinated, so you don't have to be concerned with how other people decide to deal with covid.

I am vaccinated but I'm also not a s**t bloke. Should try being both!

I am a protest advocate generally speaking but doing it right now is beyond stupidity and actively worsens our situation. If you can't see that there's no helping you.

The one that stands out the most is that the average number of years lost per death is negative. In other words, the disease overwhelmingly kills people who are already above the average life expectancy.

Don't get me wrong, all death is tragic, even when people die peacefully in their sleep. And there have been a handful of cases where young, healthy people have died from covid.

Having said all of that, we need to keep things in perspective. We're unlikely to save any lives by banning protests. Unless people over 70 decide to rock up to them, but that's their choice, and it's not our place to tell them they can't go.

The right to protest, and tell the government you disapprove of what they're doing is not trivial. You don't have to be an avid news watcher to see what happens in other parts of the world, when that right is taken away.
A disease that has killed 4,431,663 people worldwide is a negative number of years lost per death???

Yesterday I saw a picture of a mother from my kids schoool front line of the protest. I have now found out that she sends her kids to school currently, for what ever reason. Now as I see it she is outside her 5km limit anh also putting herself, her family and every other kid who attends the school currently at risk
Selfish a**hole

Yesterday I saw a picture of a mother from my kids schoool front line of the protest. I have now found out that she sends her kids to school currently, for what ever reason. Now as I see it she is outside her 5km limit anh also putting herself, her family and every other kid who attends the school currently at risk
Selfish a**hole
I hope you make a call?

A disease that has killed 4,431,663 people worldwide is a negative number of years lost per death???

its a virus not a disease. And let me be very straight forward that I mourn any death as tragic, including those who have died directly from the vaccines.

But how many people world wide have died of Covid or died with covid?
The reporting has not been specific on that distinction and it is a very important distinction as the current reporting has led to disproportionate panic.

its a virus not a disease. And let me be very straight forward that I mourn any death as tragic, including those who have died directly from the vaccines.

But how many people world wide have died of Covid or died with covid?
The reporting has not been specific on that distinction and it is a very important distinction as the current reporting has led to disproportionate panic.

It is a disease caused by a virus... Way to lose all credibility within your first sentence!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now is not the time to be protesting. Stay the fu** at home so we can get through this sh*t show!
Protesters protesting against lockdowns...too ******* stupid to realise mass gatherings of 4,000 will likely spread the virus, prolonging the lockdowns the very thing they're protesting against...morons.

One woman quoted as saying she was sick of the manipulation, lies snd fear mongering etc.

I don’t understand how people can deny what Covid is doing. There are no lies in the ICU wards.

Thats just it though. Some patients in America have denied they have covid as they’re put into induced comas and commenced on ventilators. Sadly some hold this crazy belief it’s a hoax. Even facing death.

Protesters protesting against lockdowns...too ******* stupid to realise mass gatherings of 4,000 will likely spread the virus, prolonging the lockdowns the very thing they're protesting against...morons.
That's not the point though is it. That's like saying you shouldn't fight back when you're being assaulted / etc as it will be "over quicker". For some that might be the better option, others might have a different philosophy.

One woman quoted as saying she was sick of the manipulation, lies snd fear mongering etc.

I don’t understand how people can deny what Covid is doing. There are no lies in the ICU wards.
Are you saying the media and government aren't fear mongering?

How about their reporting on AstraZeneca related blot clots when the liklihood is 1,000 times less than the standard birth control millions of women use any day.
How about their front-page reporting of Covid deaths when thousands die of heart disease and obesity every week.

You can appreciate how serious Covid is while also appreciating that the government and media are fear mongering, manipulating and lying to their populous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back