Cricket Summer betting thread - India, Tri-series, World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Zimbabwe seem big value today. Not sure how the Windies could be that short against anyone - they are that inconsistent.

EDIT: Didn't realise how god awful Zimbabwe are. Probably leave this one alone.

Last edited:
1-3, +2.5

Took a brilliant run out to get Sharma, given the way the Indians opened ie cautious approach in the first 10-15 overs this wasnt a bad bet.

I still get amazed when I read that Dhawan was actually the top 10 batsmen in ODIs in 2014. fun fact.

Shami was number one wicket taker too. Double the fun of the facts.:p

Zimbabwe seem big value today. Not sure how the Windies could be that short against anyone - they are that inconsistent.

EDIT: Didn't realise how god awful Zimbabwe are. Probably leave this one alone.

They pushed SA pretty well. It makes me wonder though, is SA playing poorly or are teams like Zimb and India playing well.

I think we can all agree Pakistan is almost a chance of a knock out.

Ireland bowling first.

UAE posted 285 against ZIM who have probably as good a bowling attack as Ireland. Would expect UAE to put 260+ on the board, so they look overs. So:

1u UAE Win @ $4.75 (SportsBet)

UAE don't look like a great fielding side so if they only post a mid-200 score then might just look for an arbitrage. If they post 280+ then will give them a full go.

[And as I write this UAE go to $4.95 :( ]

Ireland bowling first.

UAE posted 285 against ZIM who have probably as good a bowling attack as Ireland. Would expect UAE to put 260+ on the board, so they look overs. So:

1u UAE Win @ $4.75 (SportsBet)

UAE don't look like a great fielding side so if they only post a mid-200 score then might just look for an arbitrage. If they post 280+ then will give them a full go.

[And as I write this UAE go to $4.95 :( ]

Is that the same Zimbabwe team that got spanked for 372 by the WI (whom Ireland restricted to 304) yesterday?

Errr.. yeah :)

Also add: 2u UAE over 225.5 @ $1.85

Missed out on 220.5.

I see what you're saying, ZIM are 70 runs worse than IRE. But in the last 10 overs Ireland were bowling at the WI 6/7/8 and still went for 124 runs. ZIM were bowling at 2/3 and went for 150. So I don't think their bowling is chalk and cheese.

Errr.. yeah :)

Also add: 2u UAE over 225.5 @ $1.85

Missed out on 220.5.

I see what you're saying, ZIM are 70 runs worse than IRE. But in the last 10 overs Ireland were bowling at the WI 6/7/8 and still went for 124 runs. ZIM were bowling at 2/3 and went for 150. So I don't think their bowling is chalk and cheese.

Well you do have the Ireland factor on your side, bunch of dumb shits. You'd want to get early wickets if you're going to bowl first.

Total runs on SB it creeping up... If it goes over 280 then I might consider going for a middle. 60 runs seems like a good spread...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh well... 2nd 10 overs is no reflection of the 1st 10. If this is how they wish to carry on then they won't break 200.

So I decided to 'Cash Out' for a guaranteed 2-and-a-bit unit win. The tension was killing me. It's a slow-burner and I think Ireland could still make it... UAE bowled a lot of their best bowlers in at the start and their fielding in the other games at the death was horrendous.

It's very interesting though that SportsBet allow you to 'Cash Out' during live betting through the internet. Doesn't that count as a live bet, as basically you are backing the other side? How does that get through the internet betting loopholes???

So +3.8U overall. Finally some luck.

[Aaaannnd as I type this Ireland lose another wicket and go out over $6. :p ]

It surprised me. I thought it would be against Internet in-play betting regulations, but all I had to do was push a button. Great feature though... Saved me having to phone up and lose 10% of the odds while I verify myself...

It surprised me. I thought it would be against Internet in-play betting regulations, but all I had to do was push a button. Great feature though... Saved me having to phone up and lose 10% of the odds while I verify myself...
It seems very sus. If they really allowed you to cash out live in play, that's definitely against regulations. By rights, they should be refunding you for that in play bet, because if Xenephon finds out they allowed a customer to cash out in play, they will be fined thousands and get a red mark on their license.

This is clearly a new feature to dodge the in-play betting regulations. I doubt it will be around long before it gets shut down so take advantage while you can!
It seems very sus. If they really allowed you to cash out live in play, that's definitely against regulations. By rights, they should be refunding you for that in play bet, because if Xenephon finds out they allowed a customer to cash out in play, they will be fined thousands and get a red mark on their license.
I'm guessing it's some sneaky loophole they've found.

1.5u SL under 299.5 @ $1.85 (TAB)

SL have only cracked 6RPO 6/38 times in the last year. Their median has been 5.4 (=270). I realise this stat is a bit biased but I still think there is only a small chance they will crack 300. Highest recent score at MCG was 238 v Australia. I think the runs line should probably be between 280 and 290, so happy to take this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back