Cricket Summer betting thread - India, Tri-series, World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

2nd bet of tournament: 1u NZ - Scotland under 9.5 sixes @ $1.87. Hopefully Dunedin does a bit early and with Scotland batting first can be easily routed for under 150 making sixes total highly unlikely. Small ground in a tournament with way above normal amount of sixes but at 9.5 I am happy to risk.

EDIT: Wow, B365 has a "cash out" feature which basically let me cancel the bet for a tiny fee. Glad I posted on here!

WTF - Please explain?

I never knew you could do this? I have only once canceled an online bet and had it refunded, mind you I rang up immediately and got through on the error. I accidentally hit another zero.:$:p

2nd bet of tournament: 1u NZ - Scotland under 9.5 sixes @ $1.87. Hopefully Dunedin does a bit early and with Scotland batting first can be easily routed for under 150 making sixes total highly unlikely. Small ground in a tournament with way above normal amount of sixes but at 9.5 I am happy to risk.

Also unlikely for Ronchi to bat, he tends to clobber a few.

Get the feeling you are on a safe bet here.:p

WTF - Please explain?

I never knew you could do this? I have only once canceled an online bet and had it refunded, mind you I rang up immediately and got through on the error. I accidentally hit another zero.:$:p
Yeah I'd never seen it before. Was pretty much about to hit the button on backing the other side to cancel it out at a much bigger loss. Thought I'd double check the bet I'd made and it had a "Cash Out" button underneath it. Apparently you can use it to claim your winnings when a market moves in your favour as well.

Yeah I'd never seen it before. Was pretty much about to hit the button on backing the other side to cancel it out at a much bigger loss. Thought I'd double check the bet I'd made and it had a "Cash Out" button underneath it. Apparently you can use it to claim your winnings when a market moves in your favour as well.

Definitely a wise call. Southee getting 2 early wickets would have you cringing.

Good to know about the Cash Out option.

Well you have got me curious definitely will try it out before the AFL starts. Thanks for the heads up.

It's nothing revolutionary, effectively just backs the other side of the market for you at whatever the current odds are

Guess the only benefits are presumably instant access to the funds and not needing the full second stake available to bet

It's nothing revolutionary, effectively just backs the other side of the market for you at whatever the current odds are

Guess the only benefits are presumably instant access to the funds and not needing the full second stake available to bet

I got much better effective odds than backing the other side.

I got much better effective odds than backing the other side.
interesting, the times i've seen it (not often mind you) its just been the effective odds

not sure why they would do it at enhanced odds, but good luck to you if you got an offer like that!

interesting, the times i've seen it (not often mind you) its just been the effective odds

not sure why they would do it at enhanced odds, but good luck to you if you got an offer like that!

Yeah I thought it was pretty strange. I effectively got 1.975 on both sides, when the market was at 1.83.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scotland currently at $9.50 against England on Monday.

If you put part of NZ's batting performance today down to Scotland's bowling, then maybe this is overs.

I'm half English and I'm still happy to say this :) If they can get the NZ top 3, then maybe they can get Bell and then there's not much resistance.

Model bet for tomorrow's game:
Javed Ahmadi over 16.5 @ 1.87 (Ladbrokes) - 58% chance of covering

Canberra is historically a very high scoring ground.

I've also added up the predicted scores for each team and it actually gives the Afghans the edge 196-190. Now I haven't had a chance to backtest how effective this method is at predicting match outcomes but it should give a rough indication at least. At $4+, Afghanistan look value (or my model is turd).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back