HB: Henderson, Talia, Jaensch
C: Smith, B.Crouch, Sloane
HF: Douglas, Jenkins, Lynch
F: Cameron, Walker, Betts
R: Jacobs, Dangerfield, Thompson
I: M.Crouch, Kerridge, Van Berlo, Laird
Emg: Grigg, Mackay, Knight
:D
can you pls give me more info on kelly? what type of defender is he and has he been gunning it up in sanfl? cheers

can you pls give me more info on kelly? what type of defender is he and has he been gunning it up in sanfl? cheers
Yep averaging 23 touches and 11 marks the last 2 weeks. Intercepting well, courageous, good defensively and has elite endurance. One deficiency though is his kicking can be wayward at times but that can be worked out in time.

B: Brown, New draftee/Hartigan/Siggins, Kelly
HB: Henderson, Talia, Jaensch
C: Smith, B.Crouch, Sloane
HF: Douglas, Jenkins, Lynch
F: Cameron, Walker, Betts
R: Jacobs, Dangerfield, Thompson
I: M.Crouch, Kerridge, Van Berlo, Laird
Emg: Grigg, Mackay, Knight
Thommo begins the season in the team and gets phased out later to let Grigg, Matt Crouch more midfield time.
VB returns and plays off half back and through a tagging role too.
Kelly is a bit of an odd selection down back but I thought that his form in recent weeks in the SANFL has been outstanding so I would give him a go specially without Otten.
Give me your thoughts on this and post your own team for next year :D

who misses out?

Is he the new dutch import?

hopefully we got some good advice from Josep. :D

Very decent first post. Welcome to the asylum.

Thanks. I've actually been following bigfooty for a while now and thought maybe it's time to create a new account. Probably won't be very active in posting.

Jaensch is actually German. I remember in an interview there was a question what is Jaensch and he said it's German so couldn't resist to write the "correct" spelling :D, and he's from Handorf.

Josep Pep Guardiola plays tiki-taka. Would not want the crows to overuse with handballs and chip kicks I think :D

Quality first post but Brodie Smith won't play at CHB
True, need one tall back there or move L.Thompson.
And how could I forgot to include B.Martin. Probably fits in the Fringe.

Thanks. I've actually been following bigfooty for a while now and thought maybe it's time to create a new account. Probably won't be very active in posting.

Jaensch is actually German. I remember in an interview there was a question what is Jaensch and he said it's German so couldn't resist to write the "correct" spelling :D, and he's from Handorf.

Josep Pep Guardiola plays tiki-taka. Would not want the crows to overuse with handballs and chip kicks I think :D

True, need one tall back there or move L.Thompson.
And how could I forgot to include B.Martin. Probably fits in the Fringe.
I'm hoping we pick an agile attacking but also has defensive accountability key position defender in the draft to help Talia. I don't have much confidence with LT playing on the gorilla types.

round 1 2015

FF: Cameron - Walker - Douglas
HF: Grigg - Jenkins - Lynch
C: Dangerfield - Crouch sn - Smith
HB: VB - Talia - Brown
FB: Laird - Hartigan - Henderson

Ruck: Jacobs - Sloane - Crouch jn

Interchange: Scott Thompson - Luke Thompson - Kerridge - Knight (Sub)

No Eddie ?? Oversight ?
Good team though

It's not fair on crouch this season he has played consistently every game in the sanfl obtaining over 33 touches every game but every week somebody new seems to have a slightly better game than him so he misses

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will he be able to stabilise a spot in our side next year he wouldn't had about 37 touches in his 3rd afl game if he didn't get slightly injured and subbed so he's clearly talented

It's not fair on crouch this season he has played consistently every game in the sanfl obtaining over 33 touches every game but every week somebody new seems to have a slightly better game than him so he misses

Crouch's biggest problem is he is a touch too small for a full time inside role, build wise, once he hits the gym though.... anyway the kid got 6-7 games this season, he's already on the money for development.

Next season as his tank builds, he'll play 14-15 games and then onto 10 seasons where he'll be one of the first names put on the team sheet.

Crouch's biggest problem is he is a touch too small for a full time inside role, build wise, once he hits the gym though.... anyway the kid got 6-7 games this season, he's already on the money for development.

Next season as his tank builds, he'll play 14-15 games and then onto 10 seasons where he'll be one of the first names put on the team sheet.
Yep definitely. Playing in the SANFL against the bigger bodies will always help. He's already getting 30+ disposals and 7 clearances every game. So I reckon he is on the right track as you said will play mid teens games next year when his tank builds. Look at the amount of midfielders who have had to bide their time in the SANFL to get a game in the seniors, they just have to persist and persist and eventually they will get a go. Look at Anthony Miles at the start of the year.

What I would like to see.

FB: Brown - Talia - LT
HB: Jaensch - Siggins - Smith
C: Sloane - B. Crouch - M. Grigg
HF: Kerridge - Walker - Lynch
FF: Betts - Jenkins - Danger

Foll: Jacobs - VB - M. Crouch

Int: Douglas - Cameron - 1st Draft Pick Sub. Hendo.

Thommo to retire during the year (so didn't put him in this line-up)
Pods should be break in case of emergency
Martin, Laird, Wright good back up.

Bolter - Siggins!

Realistic, swap Siggins for Hartigan, M. Grigg for S. Thommo & M. Crouch for Wright.

You missed Mckay he will make the side somewhere. Best 22 irrelevant concept since you are always missing three anyway so really it is best 25. But to me it looks like the backline is too weak. Just need a small trade there to add a bit of run and class - not a throw the sink big money issue but a small list improvement by trading somelike wright for a small attacking defender with upside ie. someone at gold coast/gws not getting a game. Then we need a very good quality eperienced afl winger outside type plus first draft pick also outside winger type. I think you can find a reserve kpd in the sanfl to rookie in case all existing players totally suck next year.

This should be fun....throwing in a FA signing...don't think it would happen thou. Think we need to find another tall running defender with some good foot skills. We need another rebounder who can run with those third talls. I don't think Thommo is going to make it all the way through the season so M Crouch is doing everything possible to increase his tank and speed across the ground over the preseason. Think Hartigan can make it as a key back, he's young and will need mentoring. Think the rest pick themselves although Douglas and Mackay are best 22 atm and Hendo is scraping in there they will need to work bloody hard to stay there.

B: Brown Hartigan Goldsack
HB: Jaensch Talia VanBerlo
C: Smith B. Crouch Sloane
HF: Kerridge Walker Lynch
FF: Betts Jenkins Cameron
R: Jacobs Dangerfield S Thompson
I: M Crouch Douglas Mackay Henderson

No sub hopefully...if one then Hendo.
Emg: Martin Laird L Thompson
Close: Wright, Grigg, Pods, Atkins, CEY

Yep - give him another 50-60 games and he should slot nicely into the Reilly mk2 slot.

Been a bit harsh on Henderson as of late. I agree he is over-rated based on a very good block of games in late 2013 in what can only be described as the 'Sando role'.

As a club though we need to find out if his success as a player in 2013 was due to the role he played or due to the fact that he had finally hit the 50 game mark and was comfortable at AFL level.

We can't forget that he was having a solid preseason (although every crow every year has a brilliant preseason) before he had a severe lower leg injury. Has lost a lot of fitness and has played the last 6 games in a row. May as well keep playing him and try to get some confidence before heading into preseason 2014/2015. If he has a solid preseason he *could* be important for us in 2015.

Been a bit harsh on Henderson as of late. I agree he is over-rated based on a very good block of games in late 2013 in what can only be described as the 'Sando role'.

As a club though we need to find out if his success as a player in 2013 was due to the role he played or due to the fact that he had finally hit the 50 game mark and was comfortable at AFL level.

We can't forget that he was having a solid preseason (although every crow every year has a brilliant preseason) before he had a severe lower leg injury. Has lost a lot of fitness and has played the last 6 games in a row. May as well keep playing him and try to get some confidence before heading into preseason 2014/2015. If he has a solid preseason he *could* be important for us in 2015.
There are players in our squad who are far more deserving of 6 game stretch that this guy and don't get near it. Gets promoted on the back on 1 SANFL game!!!! Tom Lynch comes back from injury, has 1 poor game and bang, he's gone.

As a club we are very good at identifying really ordinary players and ensuring they get plenty of games.

What says it all to me is last year he wanted a trade and so he was out there and available to any Melb club. Not a single one of them wanted him so badly that a deal got done.

What do you think those sides are thinking now? Dodged - a - bullett

The only thing that annoys me more than watching him play is the royal treatment given to such an average player

This is my dream:

B: Brown Talia Thompson
HB: Jaensch Frawley Henderson
I: M Crouch Douglas Mackay Grigg

Emg: Martin Laird Wright
Mackay is there. Nightmare.

This is my dream:

B: Brown Talia Thompson
HB: Jaensch Frawley Henderson
I: M Crouch Douglas Mackay Grigg

Emg: Martin Laird Wright

I like this team. I think our number one priority over the preseason should be to acquire a key a position defender to join Talia. If this doesn't happen Hartigan will get the gig. Those below in bold have already or will have cemented their positions by mid season, hopefully...

For congested stoppages around the ground I would like to see Dangerfield spend a lot time at least 25 meters off the ball. Not only will this put him in a position where he can protect his body and use his other strengths like his pace and strong overhead marking, it would be a taggers nightmare. Imagine the free kicks he would get for holding! Of those listed below starting on the ground van Berlo and Kerridge can take his place at the stoppage. I consider this a situation where we can gain more than lose as we have a surplus of quality inside midfielders. This is a good problem to have, but we need to get smarter and take advantage of it.

B: Brown Talia Henderson
HB: Jaensch Hartigan van Berlo
C: Smith Thompson Sloane
HF: Lynch Walker Kerridge
F: Betts Jenkins Cameron
R: Jacobs Dangerfield B Crouch
I: Grigg Douglas M Crouch Mackay

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back