HB: Jaensch, Talia, Henderson
C: Smith, Thompson, Sloane
HF: Douglas, Walker, Grigg
F: Betts, Jenkins, Kerridge
R: Jacobs, Dangerfield, B.Crouch
I: M.Crouch, Cameron, Lyons, Van Berlo

Really want in side: Rat
Interesting calls:
  • No Pods. Probably need a third tall down there, Kerridge can play tall but not sure you'd use him in that role. Maybe Lynch comes in.
  • No D-Mac. Waste of 1.6 mill.
  • No Radar.
  • Van Berlo might get replaced depending on the year he has.
This is all my opinion, nothing coming from club.
Love the side but would go lynch before grigg, if the 2013 grigg turns up this year put him in! Love the inclusion of kerridge up forward and pods only plays if JJ or Tex get injured as need more mobility to defend as a forward line.....grigg, Thompson, Lyons and M Crouch makes us a little slow ....don't reckon all should play in same side even though I like all of them....1 more tall needed on I/C in case a big guy goes down

B: Cheney, Hartigan, Brown

Interesting calls:
  • No Pods. Probably need a third tall down there, Kerridge can play tall but not sure you'd use him in that role. Maybe Lynch comes in.
  • No Radar.
Good side.

I've been vocal, to the point of a little obsessive, re: the Rat so I welcome your comments.

Where do you see him slotting in? I know he played a bit last year in that half back distribution role, although he is more naturally a mid/fwd type.

Interesting calls:
  • No Radar.
Mckay will be lucky to play this year especially if smith moves to the wing. Atkins will play games, lynch too important to leave out. Problem is who do you take out?

Interesting calls:
  • No Radar.

Tom Lynch? Arguably the most important player in the forward line.

Wilson is nowhere near it by the sounds of things.
They said from the start he likely wouldn't play AFL this year, but drafting him was due to the belief that if they didn't take him as a rookie pick now, that he'd be taken a lot sooner in the draft next year and that he'd develop quicker under our development team.

They said from the start he likely wouldn't play AFL this year, but drafting him was due to the belief that if they didn't take him as a rookie pick now, that he'd be taken a lot sooner in the draft next year and that he'd develop quicker under our development team.

Yeah read about all that (thanks anyways though). Just meant that it doesnt seem like he's in any contention for the rookie upgrade. Maybe come the mid year upgrade period if he seems to have settled a little more, but still a long way to go by the sounds of things.

Only put him in there because he offers something that we dont have. SPEED
He is a project player - doubt he will play a game this year.

We have players with speed - just need to use them... & concentrate on better speed with ball movement & decision making.

Henderson to the SANFL/injury list, Grigg to the wing, Smith to HB, Lynch to half forward.

Interesting calls:
  • No Radar.
Great team, as others have said Lynch would have to be included. Having said that I think Phil will include a surprise in there in a younger guy. It's going to be very interesting watching the NAB this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good side.

I've been vocal, to the point of a little obsessive, re: the Rat so I welcome your comments.

Where do you see him slotting in? I know he played a bit last year in that half back distribution role, although he is more naturally a mid/fwd type.
Can't wait to watch the rat play...nab cup will tell whether he's a good chance

Q
He is a project player - doubt he will play a game this year.

We have players with speed - just need to use them... & concentrate on better speed with ball movement & decision making.
Quick guys
Henderson mackay Dangerfield B Crouch Smith Cameron Betts Brown ...anyone else ? Agreed we need danger and smith on the outside more in the midfield

FFS if the guy didnt have dumb luck in 2014 with ridiculous injuries he would added a lot to our forward line.

Im hopefully looking forward to a smooth sailing season from him injury wise, great player to have in the forward line as he brings something different to what Tex and JJ have.

Last edited by a moderator:
FB: Brown Hartigan Cheney
HB: Jaensch Talia Henderson
C: Smith Dangerfield Sloane
HF: Kerridge Walker Lynch
FF: Betts Jenkins Cameron

Foll: Jacobs Thompson B Crouch
Int: Douglas Grigg M Crouch Atkins

Sloane and Smith rotate through the back half. Danger and Dougie (Lyons when we rest Thommo) rotate through the front half. I would be looking to rest Thommo for 8-12 games with this being his last season.

I feel we're a tall swingman light with Otto down.

Atkins to cut his teeth as sub. I want his left foot in the side with Grigg. Really like the sound of Wigg and Lever but haven't seen enough of them to make a call. Hopefully they demand a taste in the senior side throughout the year.

Its a nice thought though that in a season or two we may have 3 strong decision makers and elite left foot users coming up to speed in Grigg, Wigg and Atkins.

This is all with a view to our window opening up from 2016 when Aish is home :D. I've had my eye on 2016 for a couple of years, though Walsh reckons 2017 and he's probably right. Either way I don't see much future for the likes of radar, mackay or vb unfortunately, none of them have really pushed on, they've just done enough, which is never enough.

I would give Mackay and VB games early in the season to see if they've lifted but I wouldn't die wondering, time to move on if they haven't.

Henderson out? Hes one of our best run and carry players, who can play almost anywhere on the ground
I don't want him anywhere near the backlines. He's no good defensively which only leaves him as a loose man. He played some good games back in 2013 but last year when he came in, he was bloody useless. We also lost some of Smith's run as he was forced to play more defensively.

I think it's wing or bust for him.

Sloane and Smith rotate through the back half. Danger and Dougie (Lyons when we rest Thommo) rotate through the front half. I would be looking to rest Thommo for 8-12 games with this being his last season.

Atkins to cut his teeth as sub. I want his left foot in the side with Grigg. Really like the sound of Wigg and Lever but haven't seen enough of them to make a call. Hopefully they demand a taste in the senior side throughout the year.

Its a nice thought though that in a season or two we may have 3 strong decision makers and elite left foot users coming up to speed in Grigg, Wigg and Atkins.

This is all with a view to our window opening up from 2016 when Aish is home :D. I've had my eye on 2016 for a couple of years, though Walsh reckons 2017 and he's probably right. Either way I don't see much future for the likes of radar, mackay or vb unfortunately, none of them have really pushed on, they've just done enough, which is never enough.

I would give Mackay and VB games early in the season to see if they've lifted but I wouldn't die wondering, time to move on if they haven't.
Great post!

We can use Hendo as a swingman forward if need be - if matchups are not working. He may not be a tall pack marking type, but is good on a lead. Also, have option of playing Danger 1:1 in goal square.

I'm not too concerned about our forward line as plenty of options...& remember we have yet to see a fully fit Tex, JJ & Lynch with Betts & Co floating around. Mouth watering :)

I don't want him anywhere near the backlines. He's no good defensively which only leaves him as a loose man. He played some good games back in 2013 but last year when he came in, he was bloody useless. We also lost some of Smith's run as he was forced to play more defensively.

I think it's wing or bust for him.
Hendo is more than handy off a HBF - just not best on the FB line (not useless, just a concern).

Very good team! I also agree re being 1 tall short (mainly down back) but the problem is that no one else who will be available for round 1 deserves the spot. I'm hoping that one of the young players or Shaw when he comes back can step up and make it theirs. I haven't yet given up on VB and Mackay so I would have them in for M.Crouch and The Rat. I would be very happy if this was the side selected for round 1 though.

Where i think we currently sit:

FB: Cheney - Hartigan - Brown
HB: Jaensch - Talia - Henderson
C: Smith - Thompson - Sloane
HF: Cameron - Walker - Kerridge
FF: Betts - Jenkins - Lynch
R: Jacobs - B.Crouch - Dangerfield
B: van Berlo - Douglas - Grigg
S: Mackay

Unlucky: Lyons, M.Crouch, Podsiadly, Wright, Martin, Laird

Great side ... I agree for team balance that 2 of Lyons grigg and M crouch miss out unless thommo injured. Lyons more runs on board than grigg from 2014 but if grigg can recapture 2013 form in nab cup he's in. Kerridge up forward and in mid rotation is a must . Would love to see Hendo Sloane and smith rotate through wing and that half back spot , Sloane great as a junior in that half back spot and is good at dropping off his man for intercept marks in D50 (ala Reilly in 2012) ...will be good to see Hendo and smith unleashed running and carrying forward of centre occassionally if they spend minutes on wings . More speed on the outside , would love danger to
spend some time outside on wing, half forward also as we have B Crouch and thommo etc inside so makes us more balanced. Exciting possibilities

Remove this Banner Ad

Back