Fantasy Cutthroat 2014 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll do my best larkis impression.

You going down boy. I am the greatest!!
You won't get near me.

Good luck.
il_340x270.499051562_76t6.jpg

Enjoy being the bridesmaid again and please learn to trash talk

I don't think you're allowed to trash talk anymore....once one gets wedgied after their year long boasting and Quinnmasses.....they're OUT. Back to the dugout for you.

baseball_3_strikes.jpg
You're confused, you seem to think the trash talking stops.

The trash talking never ends! Once it starts it doesn't stop.

You're confused, you seem to think the trash talking stops.

The trash talking never ends! Once it starts it doesn't stop.
Probably the only thing you have ever said I agree with.

Probably the only thing you have ever said I agree with.
If only he could back up his trash talking with victories when it matters.

Yes, well done mate, you have absolutely trounced me - my luck finally ran out.

I was a bit ticked off at myself for dropping Romo and going with Stafford (of course Romo had a high scoring game and Staffy stank it up) until I saw that even with Romo's score I was still way off your total. The loss was made a bit easier by knowing that OBJ being good for you in Cutthroat meant he would likely lead me to a win over you in Empire. As has happened...

I've been amazed by my season. No way did I think it would be this good. Still, I can't help feeling like the old Beaker video...

With fuey on drums, Blacky on keyboards and GG on sax, we made up quite a decent CT division this year...

Or perhaps on a more seasonal note...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The loss was made a bit easier by knowing that OBJ being good for you in Cutthroat meant he would likely lead me to a win over you in Empire. As has happened...

Indeed, being flogged in empire meant by the time it came to that game I could cheer on the freak. You've got many years of his ridiculous performances to look forward to in empire.

Just a reminder to those who've already played CT before, and an explanation to those who are playing it for the first time....

Even tho many teams are out of the playoffs, you're all still trying to win your games and pick up free agents etc, because this week and next week, will still be used to determine your overall position in your league, and for the Bowl Season games.

What happens is, week 15 (this week) wins and losses by everyone (playoff teams and non-playoff teams) will allow you to rise or fall in your league standings. Then week 16 (last week of CT) will be used for BOTH the final standings AND for the bowl games, due to week 17 being a dead week.

So for example....

Let's say a person finished 10th in their league after the regular season (week 14). Week 15 you'll play team ranked 9th in your league. Say you win that game. Week 16 you'll play I think the loser of the 7th vs 8th game. Say you win that game. You'll end up with a final rank of 7th in your league.

So then I will post a graphic displaying all the teams from each league.....#1 Macuahuitl vs #1 Chainsaw vs #1 Trident vs #1 Kpinga....all the way down to #12 from each league playing each other. So there are 12 Bowl games of these, and also a Bowl game for the top two Power Ranked teams (larkis vs BPG).

So i use everyone's week 16 score to determine the winners of all the Bowl games. Except the Power Rank Bowl, where I'll use their scores from both Week 15 and wee 16.

All these Bowl results from previous seasons can be viewed on the Cutthroat Spreadsheet.

What's the point? Well, I haven't done it yet, but I intend to eventually get around to creating a Most Successful CT owner tab, where bowl wins, third placings, division titles, wooden spoons, etc all earn people points like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc. So the higher the bowl win, the better point total. The more div titles etc, the more points you earn. Etc.

this-is-too-much-gif.gif

And, you know, after nobbyiscool and others having their ummmm... "interesting discussions" on here earlier this season about what makes "true power rankings" and "how to play Cut-Throat", I'm tempted to share my views on CT tactics and learnings. But then next year would be like Beaker multiplied...

Thanks so very much Ginger Ninja. Cruising before the game began against fuey with AJ Green and a 25 point lead against Julius Thomas and Von Miller. Green is rendered impotent by an awful, egregiously terrible throw from Dalton and can't catch a cold. Thomas rakes in a 26 yard reception, Miller strips Jeremy Hill of the football and recovers the fumble. FFS.

Forgot about all that bowl guff... have not looked at my team for a couple of weeks...
How rude. Bringing down our division like that.

Forgot about all that bowl guff... have not looked at my team for a couple of weeks...
It's actually important because we don't want people dropping all these good players or not trying to claim good players on waivers, and helping the playoff teams, or one of them who happens to be online, to snatch them up and win kinda unfairly because people stopped playing.

It's actually important because we don't want people dropping all these good players or not trying to claim good players on waivers, and helping the playoff teams, or one of them who happens to be online, to snatch them up and win kinda unfairly because people stopped playing.
Well I didn't drop anyone. Just didn't replace anyone (if they were out) or upgrade at any positions. Just let it ride....

Well I didn't drop anyone. Just didn't replace anyone (if they were out) or upgrade at any positions. Just let it ride....
You mean you weren't trying to sabotage your team all season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back