Dale Thomas vs Shaun Higgins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course saying it like that will sound better haha. Point is Murphy averages 23 touches while Higgins averages 17. That isn't a huge difference. You'd want Murphy to get more of the ball considering he plays midfield only. Higgins is the more versatile of the two.

They are about even.

Well if he is more versatile then he should be kicking atleast two goals a game to make up the "slight" difference in disposals. However no he does not average anywhere near 2 goals a game.

Murphy > Higgins

Edit: Further research shows that in reality they both average 1 goal a game. Murphy >>> Higgins.

Stats wise this year has been level pegging between HIggins and Thomas (I used pro stats btw). I am biased however and if I had to pick one atm it would be Thomas because you feel you will get more out of him across the 24 rounds (less injuries). His record in finals is also very good. Almost nothing in it between these two atm in the home and away. Higgins I still beleive is a gun.

Of course saying it like that will sound better haha. Point is Murphy averages 23 touches while Higgins averages 17. That isn't a huge difference. You'd want Murphy to get more of the ball considering he plays midfield only. Higgins is the more versatile of the two.

They are about even.

wait where are those stats from?

Are you that obsessed that you need to bump this thread just to put down Higgins?

He'll be back next week. Copped a heavy knock late in the Freo game and is just a little sore. Your "a few weeks out" comment is completely out of line and is simply you just talking crap.

As for your second question- this thread was started quite some time ago. Since then Thomas has gone ahead.

That is not a knock on either player- Higgins nearly won the Dogs the game on Monday. He is a very good player and you'd have to be stupid not to acknowledge that.

This is where you can issue your apology to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Misses two games and that is enough to write him off as overrated.

s**t.. Jolly is injured. Is he overrated? must be.

Misses two games and that is enough to write him off as overrated.

He does it every year.

Preseason - Higgins is flying. Mick Sheehan, Higgins is bordering on elite. He's going to take over the league.

Mid season - Higgins misses game after game on the back of a minimal output. Dogs fans cry, Higgins is the missing link.

Post season - Higgins nowhere to be seen. Dogs fans, yes but he was injured.

Preseason - Higgins is flying. He's bordering on elite, he's going to take over the league.

I've seen it for the last 3 years.:thumbsu:

He does it every year.

Preseason - Higgins is flying. Mick Sheehan, Higgins is bordering on elite. He's going to take over the league.

Mid season - Higgins misses game after game on the back of a minimal output. Dogs fans cry, Higgins is the missing link.

Preseason - Higgins is flying. He's bordering on elite, he's going to take over the league.

Sums it up really.

Collingwood vs everyone else. Dale Thomas is overated and has his moments, Higgins genuinally has the ability to become an elite.

he does it every year.

Preseason - higgins is flying. Mick sheehan, higgins is bordering on elite. He's going to take over the league.

Mid season - higgins misses game after game on the back of a minimal output. Dogs fans cry, higgins is the missing link.

Post season - higgins nowhere to be seen. Dogs fans, yes but he was injured.

Preseason - higgins is flying. He's bordering on elite, he's going to take over the league.

brilliant

There needs to be a new thread to re-compare these two. A lot has happened since they were last compared, and I think it will drastically alter the result (in Thomas favour).

He does it every year.

Good post. He has been making an impact in games this year though.

Are you that obsessed that you need to bump this thread just to put down Higgins?

He'll be back next week. Copped a heavy knock late in the Freo game and is just a little sore. Your "a few weeks out" comment is completely out of line and is simply you just talking crap.

As for your second question- this thread was started quite some time ago. Since then Thomas has gone ahead.

That is not a knock on either player- Higgins nearly won the Dogs the game on Monday. He is a very good player and you'd have to be stupid not to acknowledge that.

Umm do I get my apology now? or?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back