Capitano_Cotch

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juventus FC
In an era where footballers have more freedom to move clubs, the Richmond Football Club and Dan Richardson in particular have done a brilliant job in keeping our list together.
Earlier in the year we saw Cotchin commit long term for 5 years.
This was followed by Martin committing for an extra 2.
Rance was next with 4 years, and then obviously today we saw our superstar full forward sign for an extra 3 years.
3 out of those 4 deals were done with a minimum of fuss.
Cotchin, Martin and Riewoldt all just signed without any media speculation whatsoever.
I believe all these signings came as a surprise not only to the Richmond supporters but also to the media.
All 3 players still had at least 1 year remaining on their deals and decided to extend early.
This is a sign of a strong club.
Alex Rance' contract situation was difficult for obvious reasons, but he too praised Dan for understanding the situation.

Well done, Richo.
You deserve a lot of credit for being able to keep such a good group of players together in a time where player loyalty has come into question.

I think these signings by Dan can only assist us in being very appealing to a free agent. Great to see all the signings (A few people had doubts about him though).

I wonder how many clubs have a record like ours as far as losing NO players to free agency ?

I think these signings by Dan can only assist us in being very appealing to a free agent. Great to see all the signings (A few people had doubts about him though).

I wonder how many clubs have a record like ours as far as losing NO players to free agency ?
We 'lost' Matt White to Free Agency ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love how there's no talk, no fuss either way, just a steady stream of re-signings of all our best players. Would much rather hear nothing even as in the case of Alex Rance, than have some saga played out in the media/public realm.

Loving what's happening down at the club at the moment.

He couldn't get the coveted signature of Tommy Derickx. Sack him

Are you dumb? We let him go so he could come back in 3 years where we are in our window.

Credit to Dan for keeping the list together, but he simply must land a quality free agent (not 'delisted' either) this off-season. Putting the delisted Miles & Hunt pickups aside, the Hampson trade cannot be the only move the man makes in 3 years.

Post #2 is a sledge on the Hampson trade?

The list is currently at the stage where they are nearly all on a Dan Richardson negotiated contract. Foley's obscene 400-500k contract from 2012 will be coming to an end and he won't be getting anywhere near that this time (if he gets one at all). Deledio is the other big one from the pre-Richardson days, but his salary is pretty reasonable for his ability.

The list is currently at the stage where they are nearly all on a Dan Richardson negotiated contract. Foley's obscene 400-500k contract from 2012 will be coming to an end and he won't be getting anywhere near that this time (if he gets one at all). Deledio is the other big one from the pre-Richardson days, but his salary is pretty reasonable for his ability.
Lids must have done his just before Richo came in then as I thought it wasn't that long ago he signed

Post #2 is a sledge on the Hampson trade?

That wasn't the point of the post. I just reckon we need to be bringing ready-made talent in from outside of the draft while Deledio & Maric are still playing decent footy. Dan talked up a massive war-chest to spend on a big signing the past 2 years, but nothing was done in trade week both years. Now is the time to bring in a Dangerfield or Treloar type. It could be the difference between just making finals & being a genuine flag contender. Think big :thumbsu:

Lids must have done his just before Richo came in then as I thought it wasn't that long ago he signed

He signed during the 2012 season. His contract was running out at the end of the year and GWS had the rights to poach him if they wanted. He ended up signing for about $3,000,000 for 5 years (2013-17).

Richo joined in early 2013.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back