Daniel Menzel 'returned to footy' progress updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate this international rules crap!

Just watch Selwood aggravate his hamstring :mad:
Seriously I don't know why they bother with this meaningless Mickey Mouse series...

Tbh Bobby I'm more worried about him doing something a little more serious than a hammy...

Good to see Menz back for day 1 though:thumbsu:

Has he done any lateral movement yet?

Seriously I don't know why they bother with this meaningless Mickey Mouse series...

Tbh Bobby I'm more worried about him doing something a little more serious than a hammy...

by the looks of the training video which was posted on the Cats website, he does look to be giving those knees a good solid workout. I guess after another couple of months, he will start to partake in some serious match simulations where he will need to begin dodging and weaving.
I'm like a few others in here . . . my heart will be in my mouth when he starts playing some competitive footy against the opposition. If it happens to go on him again, that is most likely it for the poor bloke.

Looks like good sideways movements kicking across the body and some ball work. None of it however in a contested or contact situation. I'm not complaining at all and baby steps are fine by me.

Go Catters

I still remember Motlop injury last year, wish they would use common sense and scrap it.

is there a bit of money to be made from it or something?
Perhaps the chance to garner some international exposure?

It's the wrong time of the year to be playing in it as players are returning from their holidays and the bodies are rested and need some time to get back into it. Your right, Motlop may have aggravated the knee in last years series.

From the Geelong Advertiser on 18 Nov.

"Stanley’s arrival has given Geelong an embarrassment of big man riches.

Key forward Mitch Clark has also arrived, Nathan Vardy is set to make his long-awaited return from injury, Mark Blicavs is continuing to evolve in a variety of roles, Josh Walker provided a glimpse of what he could offer at the end of last season, as did Shane Kersten, and Dawson Simpson is expected to be right to go after fighting back from another back-related issue."

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...igade-of-big-men/story-fnjuhrxq-1227127036471

It's interesting they haven't mentioned Hamish McIntosh! All the rest seem ready to go from round 1. Out of all Geelong's talls I am most doubtful of Hamish making a contribution. He may be one of those players who retires during the season or contributes a lot to the VFL side. Hope I'm wrong and he has a great year!

Maybe I'm reading this differently to those who have posted above, but the article says "with few major surgeries" not "with A few major surgeries" - so I take it to mean that we won't see too many disruptions to senior players who are out during the preseason with issues.
We know that McIntosh had surgery during the finals and not sure if he has had to have any more; Simpson's preseason is delayed due to his back surgery; I thought I read that Kelly had surgery (or I am making that up).
I just think from that line in the article that at this stage we won't see to many surprises with players out or late starts with surgery compared to those we already know about - but what happens as the preseason progresses is anyones guess.

What's to hide at least at this time of the year, it's still 2014, 6 weeks off new year, they could at least leak some details. :rolleyes:

is there a bit of money to be made from it or something?
Perhaps the chance to garner some international exposure?

It's the wrong time of the year to be playing in it as players are returning from their holidays and the bodies are rested and need some time to get back into it. Your right, Motlop may have aggravated the knee in last years series.
Motlop's knee wasn't right late in the 2013 season- in hindsight, he should never have been okayed to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From that article, here we go again :rolleyes:

Geelong is in excellent shape with its senior players to return in coming weeks, with few major surgeries to delay pre-season programs.

Goodo, who and how long?
Maybe I'm reading this differently to those who have posted above, but the article says "with few major surgeries" not "with A few major surgeries" - so I take it to mean that we won't see too many disruptions to senior players who are out during the preseason with issues.

Well, lookey here....
We have a genuine collector's item here today, folks... A rare, and original mistake from the venerable Prof. FredLeDeux.

Bookmark it, kids. You may never see it's like again!

And didn't varcoe do a shoulder injury as well from the series a few years ago?

Just scrap it
If they're going to have an extra series it should be SOO, if they can't get origin to work, why bother with something even more meaningless?

I don't think SOO would work in such a professional environment, even in league you get big name players injuried so can't see how it is worthwhile.
I agree but it's a more meaningful series than IR so given SOO is a dead duck, we can only hope IR will be soon.

I don't think SOO would work in such a professional environment, even in league you get big name players injuried so can't see how it is worthwhile.
Isn't SOO in Rugby League just an audition to play for the Kangaroos? I know stuff all about either Rugby code, but surely playing for the Kangaroos is different than our players playing in a hybrid game?

Isn't SOO in Rugby League just an audition to play for the Kangaroos? I know stuff all about either Rugby code, but surely playing for the Kangaroos is different than our players playing in a hybrid game?
I think the SOO is bigger than the grand final in that code the way its treated.

Don't agree with it

Correct, it was widely reported immediately it happened, Menzel didn't "let it be known", the suggestion is inane. Does this surprise you, given the source?
i apologise maam for not reading this piece of information
however i still dont understand why this was not covered up
given they covered up his lars surgery for a few months

i apologise maam for not reading this piece of information
however i still dont understand why this was not covered up
given they covered up his lars surgery for a few months

Don't worry about it comrade, I'm sure in 5 years time you'll be telling us about how him and GAJ drove a truck through the clubroom wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back