Daniel Menzel 'returned to footy' progress updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is his development going guys?

I'm interested how he's fared in reserves games when he has come back (discounting the injury.)
With young A. Johnson doing his 3rd (4th?) reco for us in 2 years, I have my doubts he will be half the player he was.
When he came back, for the short time he was on, he was scintillating. No exaggeration.

How is his development going guys?

I'm interested how he's fared in reserves games when he has come back (discounting the injury.)
With young A. Johnson doing his 3rd (4th?) reco for us in 2 years, I have my doubts he will be half the player he was.

Two comeback attempts since his first ACL, three VFL game and managed to walk off the ground under his own power exactly once. Even if the comeback this time is an absolute success, Geelong supporters will be gnawing their fingernails for the rest of his career whenever he plays, just waiting for something awful to happen to him.

You would pass out after 35 secs of what he's gone thru. Those legs have atrophied surely but they are also specifically trained…. and will be more so going forward.

Go Catters
Daz I'd quite happily donate a knee for Dan if I thought it could help:(.... And a brain for Smedts;)

It just saddens me to think there are afl players with much less ability who are injury free whilst he's wasting away with oodles of talent. If he were to make it back to senior level can you imagine the noise of the crowd:eek:

Daz I'd quite happily donate a knee for Dan if I thought it could help:(.... And a brain for Smedts;)

It just saddens me to think there are afl players with much less ability who are injury free whilst he's wasting away with oodles of talent. If he were to make it back to senior level can you imagine the noise of the crowd:eek:

He'll be back! It may be blind faith but I don't care. I wait for the day like a child eagerly awaits Christmas day... And it will be glorious

But mate? Would he be better off? ;)
Low blow Dave Low blow!:D

1713_2520-_2520Nikki_Bella_2520autoplay_gif_2520booker_t_2520brie_bella_2520eve_torres_2520gif_2520hornswoggle_2520kofi_kingston_2520low_blow_2520r-truth_2520santino_marella_2520teddy_long_2520the_bella_twins_2520the_great_khali_2520wrestlemania_2520wwe_2520yelling_2520zack_ryder_gif.jpg

I haven't put a balaclava on yet....... and then proceeded to pick the wrong house:p... Let you make your own mind up

For all you posters who are calling him 'chicken legs', just remember his natural body (when 18-19) was pretty thick and very powerful, so should he be able to return this pre-season with the main group and go full hack, I'd say everything will take care of itself. Like his brother, they aren't so much 'big' as 'powerful'. God I hope he can do it, he was the most exciting kitten since Joel for mine. Allen was next on that list BTW... :-(

For all you posters who are calling him 'chicken legs', just remember his natural body (when 18-19) was pretty thick and very powerful, so should he be able to return this pre-season with the main group and go full hack, I'd say everything will take care of itself. Like his brother, they aren't so much 'big' as 'powerful'. God I hope he can do it, he was the most exciting kitten since Joel for mine. Allen was next on that list BTW... :-(
Need to say it: Daniel at 19>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bundy at 19.

So....fingers crossed for the kid.

Need to say it: Daniel at 19>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bundy at 19.

So....fingers crossed for the kid.
Absolutely. The kid was second only to Joel at the same age, so at the rate that he was tracking, he would been entering his prime next season, having already ripped the competition apart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When does pre season start for the boys and do they expect Menzel to join the main group from the start? Be great to see him do a full pre season.

I know from experience your thighs atrophy when you injure your knee. This is your body's natural response and I believe this is done in order to diminish the capacity of your muscles and thus reduce the chance of further damage. I wonder if working on a similar principle they want him to have smaller legs? Or maybe it's just part of a plan to reduce his overall size? He/is was 89kg... I think he could trim down a bit without much consequence.

Or as you say just hasn't been smashing the big boy weights. He has done a lot of rehab so I'd be curious to know the answer.

I know Derrick Rose, who has done his knee twice in as many years, really slimmed down to help his knees, so far so good for him.

When does pre season start for the boys and do they expect Menzel to join the main group from the start? Be great to see him do a full pre season.

Menzel, Vardy and Clark are all expected to start the pre-season together with the main group (December 1st)

Of course Menzel and Vardy will be on modified programs.

I was concerned he looked too top heavy last time he was returning and he now looks even bigger. Compare his legs to those other blokes in that picture (although they're a little chunky in stature), and you can see there's not much meat on those legs these days.

Hard to do leg weights when you're constantly rehabbing them.

will that process begin now that he's on the tail end of the rehab work?
Or will it take another couple of years (or more) to build up the legs again?

Without knowing much about the rehab process, I would think so. I mean when he's training and playing he's going to be pushing off his knee and doing explosive movements so you'd think he'd be building up his legs in the gym this summer before he returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back