Game Day Darcy Moore (Thread closed - pls move over to 'welcome ...' thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's tanking the combine imo. We all saw him sit on a blokes head this season, can't do that without a good vertical leap

It's called getting a sweet ride and having long legs, he may well have a 60cm vert still very good and better then most normal athletes.

More interest for me were the 2 bolded, as we will be taking Darcy regardless.

Good to see that Carlton are meeting some classy individuals. Might give them an insight into the type of players they should draft in the future. This ones ours but.

With Frawley going to Hawks...we assume not on big $$...Melbourne will not be granted pick 3 compo (band 1).
That has just increased the draft value of picks 5 & 6, with a good chance Dogs & Blues may want to keep them available & not tie them up by bidding on Moore? We can always hope.

With Frawley going to Hawks...we assume not on big $$...Melbourne will not be granted pick 3 compo (band 1).
That has just increased the draft value of picks 5 & 6, with a good chance Dogs & Blues may want to keep them available & not tie them up by bidding on Moore? We can always hope.

Carlton will bid because they are campaigners

Come on people, I can't believe people are thinking we can get him with a second round pick.

They guy is rated top 6 in the draft and we will get him father son with pick 8, 99.9%.

Just saw that the Blues (our biggest threat for Darcy) offered pick 6 for Mitchell... and he declined... That would have taken it off the table! And if we could arrange a trade for Beams to GC for 7 and 14 then he would be as good as ours for a second rounder!

Arrrghghhhh. If only Carlton weren't so unappealing!!

Relax, MM could still invite Mitchell to MM's house (think Waite) to convince him!:p

He's tanking the combine imo. We all saw him sit on a blokes head this season, can't do that without a good vertical leap
You could if said bloke was lying on the ground (sorry, bad joke but couldn't resist, too late a night last night for me)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is an idea. If we think Carlton is the only club that might bid on Moore then why not trade with them. If we get pick 4 for beams trade that to Carlton for their pick 6 and a player. That takes their pick out of the bidding process. We get pick 6 and don't have to use our pick 8 on Moore. In affect we will have 3 high first round players. This falls through if another side bids for him aswell. I say a player aswell so it does t look like we are draft tampering cause why would you just trade 4 for 6. Just a thought.

Here is an idea. If we think Carlton is the only club that might bid on Moore then why not trade with them. If we get pick 4 for beams trade that to Carlton for their pick 6 and a player. That takes their pick out of the bidding process. We get pick 6 and don't have to use our pick 8 on Moore. In affect we will have 3 high first round players. This falls through if another side bids for him aswell. I say a player aswell so it does t look like we are draft tampering cause why would you just trade 4 for 6. Just a thought.
Even i know this by now. The F/S bidding happens before trade period.

Even i know this by now. The F/S bidding happens before trade period.

You get in talks before it starts. If you think clubs wait till the trade period actually starts your kidding yourself. That's why we trade with them they can't bid with a pick they are going to trade to us. And they can't bid with a pick they haven't received from us yet.

You get in talks before it starts. If you think clubs wait till the trade period actually starts your kidding yourself. That's why we trade with them they can't bid with a pick they are going to trade to us. And they can't bid with a pick they haven't received from us yet.
Is this trading happening in a school yard? What's to say one party won't renege on their word

Is this trading happening in a school yard? What's to say one party won't renege on their word

Because It's not the school yard. It works for both parties. If you renege it hurts you with future trades with that club. If Carlton agree to it they don't bid and he falls to the second round. They can't renege because they won't get pick 4. The only club that can go back on their word is us. If we do that the people involved tannish their standing in the game and could hurt you not just with Carlton but all clubs.

Paigr just tweeted she spoke to Darcy at the combine today.. he was adamant that Blues would bid on him and he will be at the Pies.
Pick 8 it is!

Ah well he will be a class player so everyone should be happy regardless of not being able to get for the 2nd rounder.

Welcome to Pieland Darcy hope you tear the comp a new arse hole and be worthy of pick 1!:eek::D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back