Game Day Darcy Moore (Thread closed - pls move over to 'welcome ...' thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPaige

Team Captain
Jul 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
49ers, Leeds United
As part of TAC Cup Radio, we went out to call the game between the Oakleigh Chargers and Northern Knights with Darcy Moore the headlining act of the game.

I was fortunate enough to interview him post game live on the show (there will be a copy of the interview available tomorrow on the TAC Cup Facebook page). He was a fantastic character, really bubbly and spoke exceptionally well. He was talking to me as if I were one of his old friends, he looks you dead in the eye, offers up plenty to say and responded really well to expectations as a possible father/son to Collingwood, how he dealt with his rehab last year spending the majority of the year out of the game and about the preseason Oakleigh have endured a bit more.

TAC Cup Radio voted him best afield, scoring three votes all round.

Moore started from Centre half back, and was immediately in the thick of it making some big spoils, throwing his weight around and taking some really well-waited defensive marks. Northern got the jump on the Chargers in the first quarter, but if it hadn't have been for Moore's impact as a defender, the scoreline could've been much worse.

He was thrown forward in the third term, which is where Oakleigh came from behind and took total control of the game and didn't look back. Moore took some really impressive contested grabs, and successfully kicked three goals straight. His technique on goal is one of the better technique's i've seen in my time watching U18 football. Simple, sound, and it never fails him.

One thing I did notice, was his leadership on ground. He's a very vocal leader but he also cracks in and puts his body on the line, leading by example.

There is noway known we will pass up on him. He was exceptional today, and an absolute class above.

Here is a picture I took of him on the boundary line (sorry, iPhone isn't the best quality).

D.Moore.jpg

A few Tweets about his three goals.

Screen Shot 2014-03-23 at 3.30.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-03-23 at 3.30.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-03-23 at 3.30.44 PM.png

And just a few other assessments;

Screen Shot 2014-03-23 at 3.30.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-03-23 at 3.35.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-03-23 at 3.35.46 PM.png

I'm waiting on his full time stats on his game to come through, but he was easily best afield and made an impact at both ends of the ground.

D.Moore 2.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't got access to video highlights as they're compiled by the AFL and then turned into packages for recruiters. The general public have zero access to them unfortunately. The Audio of the interview will be available tomorrow, he speaks really well.

I haven't got access to video highlights as they're compiled by the AFL and then turned into packages for recruiters. The general public have zero access to them unfortunately. The Audio of the interview will be available tomorrow, he speaks really well.

Okay Thanks.

I think it's sad that the Public has no access to these video's. I reckon it would create more hype with the TAC Cup and the Up Coming Draft

Promising stuff from the lad, great to see him playing footy again after a bit of bad luck. I hope he's settled into his rightful key forward position sooner rather than later.

Trying my best to temper my excitement.

Terrific news!

Watching Joe Daniher on Friday makes me excited for us with young Darcy coming through.
Two different players, but my hopes are high.

2 pre-season games, 2 dominations. He's costing us a 1st rounder.

Do they double team the key forwards in TAC Cup footy much, like Cloke cops week in, week out, or do they try and just coach the kids to play more one on one?

Terrific news!

Watching Joe Daniher on Friday makes me excited for us with young Darcy coming through.
Two different players, but my hopes are high.

Well he is already have a Bigger Body then Joe

2 pre-season games, 2 dominations. He's costing us a 1st rounder.

Do they double team the key forwards in TAC Cup footy much, like Cloke cops week in, week out, or do they try and just coach the kids to play more one on one?

traditionally, TAC Cup is more pushed and influenced by recruiters. The want to see 1v1 match ups across the ground, no tagging, no zone defences no double-teaming, but more often than not teams will play their own style, and will zone pending the situation but rarely players are tagged or double teammed. Anytime Darce was forward and made a lead, one player usually tried to block his space and often there were too up against him. The aim of TAC footy is a free-flowing game, with 1v1 match-ups across the ground.

traditionally, TAC Cup is more pushed and influenced by recruiters. The want to see 1v1 match ups across the ground, no tagging, no zone defences no double-teaming, but more often than not teams will play their own style, and will zone pending the situation but rarely players are tagged or double teammed. Anytime Darce was forward and made a lead, one player usually tried to block his space and often there were too up against him. The aim of TAC footy is a free-flowing game, with 1v1 match-ups across the ground.

Which is good to watch.

Yeah Moore got the Cloke Treatment by being Double and Tripled teamed

Paige, do you think we should have organised to have him as part of the VFL squad for the year a la North with Luke "second coming of Christ" McDonald? Sure, it would've meant committing to him a year out but would it have been better for his development in your eyes?

Paige, do you think we should have organised to have him as part of the VFL squad for the year a la North with Luke "second coming of Christ" McDonald? Sure, it would've meant committing to him a year out but would it have been better for his development in your eyes?

From what i've been made aware of, Darcey and Collingwood have an arrangement which will see him play senior VFL as the 23rd man for the Pies with form permitting. I think the Pies are probably wanting to not be so over-zealous, and hoping to keep him a bit at arms length. There are a truck load of Father/son's coming through this year, I don't think we'll see what North did with McDonald happen again, that was a rare circumstance. I do know that the Pies have offered up their facilities for him should he wish to use it, and i'd assume during school holidays or something like that, that they might invite him down to train or something to that affect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what i've been made aware of, Darcey and Collingwood have an arrangement which will see him play senior VFL as the 23rd man for the Pies with form permitting. I think the Pies are probably wanting to not be so over-zealous, and hoping to keep him a bit at arms length. There are a truck load of Father/son's coming through this year, I don't think we'll see what North did with McDonald happen again, that was a rare circumstance. I do know that the Pies have offered up their facilities for him should he wish to use it, and i'd assume during school holidays or something like that, that they might invite him down to train or something to that affect.

I think teams committed to Father and Sons Early because of the 2 Expansion Teams

I'd hope that was the case. I can understand wanting to keep our distance to an extent, but by the same token I think it would do Darceys football and his confidence a world of good to get some one on one time with blokes at the club like Cloke, perhaps working on skills (not kicking) and just starting to develop a bond with some of his future team mates.

I'd hope that was the case. I can understand wanting to keep our distance to an extent, but by the same token I think it would do Darceys football and his confidence a world of good to get some one on one time with blokes at the club like Cloke, perhaps working on skills (not kicking) and just starting to develop a bond with some of his future team mates.

He could teach Cloke how to kick for Goals;)

Did you watch him TD? How did you think he went

I was there for 3 Qtrs. I felt he had a Really Good Game. Great Set Shot for Goal. Not Afraid to throw his body around. Good Below his Knee. Better as a Forward then a Back. Great Captain. Really Postive with his teammates and loud voice

Two quick ones.

How are the knights tall stocks shaping up in 2014? Also to what extent has the gentleman's agreement to always leave two players in the forward 50 effected games to this point (early days I know)?

I guess what I'm getting at is that it's great to be excited about a FS coming through, but if he is beating up on bottom agers and receiving plenty of space to operate in maybe we should be tempering things a little.

Because we're certainly going hard early...

Two quick ones.

How are the knights tall stocks shaping up in 2014? Also to what extent has the gentleman's agreement to always leave two players in the forward 50 effected games to this point (early days I know)?

I guess what I'm getting at is that it's great to be excited about a FS coming through, but if he is beating up on bottom agers and receiving plenty of space to operate in maybe we should be tempering things a little.

Because we're certainly going hard early...

I received quiet the barrage for suggesting we keep a lid on Tom Langdon, lord help anyone who suggests we should keep a lid on Darcy Moore :drunk:

I received quiet the barrage for suggesting we keep a lid on Tom Langdon, lord help anyone who suggests we should keep a lid on Darcy Moore :drunk:

It's a fine balancing act. We have to acknowledge what Langdon did on debut against the premiership favs (in my eyes at least), but not go too hard. Moore on the other hand looks quite literally to be a man amongst boys ATM.

Does he dominate because he is bigger than his opponents? Or is it genuine potential talent that's earning him BOG?

He has General Talent.

The play that impressed me the most was in the 1st Qtr where he came off his man sprinting onto the Wing to Receive a Ball and then perfect delivery to a Forward in the Forward Line

Does he dominate because he is bigger than his opponents? Or is it genuine potential talent that's earning him BOG?
BY no means does he look ridiculously huge out there. He took a number of his marks via better judgement and superior pace off the mark. He was super impressive today.
I saw Boyd play last year and Patton before that He is probably ahead of Patton and just below Boyd (my opinion). His second half up forward when Oakleigh was as much as 3 or 4 goals down (at half time) he provided the real spark up forward to get them going. Yeah he kicked 3 goals straight but would have had a further 3 or 4 score involvements and at times led up outside 50 to give them an option.
Will definitely cost us our 1st round pick, but who cares??? He is well worth it.

I was there for 3 Qtrs. I felt he had a Really Good Game. Great Set Shot for Goal. Not Afraid to throw his body around. Good Below his Knee. Better as a Forward then a Back. Great Captain. Really Postive with his teammates and loud voice
You must eat, drink, breathe, exhale, fart, burp and excrete football, Dave! Could you ever get enough of it?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back