Roast David King smartest campaigner in AFL appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I am really praying for a sacking on thing this F%^king muppet deserves.

He has just achieved what no others in the footy media have ever done before

He has achieved being a bigger piss wreck than robbo

He can't make sense of it tho. He knows he ended up with the tequilla and the vodka but he could have held pick 5 and got the vodka anyway

One of the Herald Sun guys put his car through the pizza shop window in Malvern a few years back because the campaigner was too cheap to pay for uber eats.

when i was in the first year of high school we had 4 girls in year 12 who were involved in a car crash with a guy who was over the limit ... these girls were smart, beautiful & popular, one was a state netballer all 4 had bright futures they were just about to embark on the crash killed three of them and disabled the 4th girl with life changing injurys ... it was just horriffic the whole community were rocked by it... the driver of the other car it was later revealed chose to drive home drunk that night because he didnt want to have to pay the overnight parking fee's for leaving his car ... he ended up doing some time for that decision, that decision changed the lives for many many people the girls, their friends, their family the whole school changed after that ...
from that point i have NEVER hopped behind the wheel of a car if ive had more than two drinks , ive slept it off in my car , ive walked home in the cold , ive annoyed friends with the late night "can you come get me call" but ill never make that decision to put the risk of changing peoples life like that bloke did .. its not worth it ..

so i dont have any sympathy or understanding for anyone caught drink driving .... just dont do it guys ... seriously its a pretty simple thing to avoid

when i was in the first year of high school we had 4 girls in year 12 who were involved in a car crash with a guy who was over the limit ... these girls were smart, beautiful & popular, one was a state netballer all 4 had bright futures they were just about to embark on the crash killed three of them and disabled the 4th girl with life changing injurys ... it was just horriffic the whole community were rocked by it... the driver of the other car it was later revealed chose to drive home drunk that night because he didnt want to have to pay the overnight parking fee's for leaving his car ... he ended up doing some time for that decision, that decision changed the lives for many many people the girls, their friends, their family the whole school changed after that ...
from that point i have NEVER hopped behind the wheel of a car if ive had more than two drinks , ive slept it off in my car , ive walked home in the cold , ive annoyed friends with the late night "can you come get me call" but ill never make that decision to put the risk of changing peoples life like that bloke did .. its not worth it ..

so i dont have any sympathy or understanding for anyone caught drink driving .... just dont do it guys ... seriously its a pretty simple thing to avoid

Hear, hear well said!

One of the Herald Sun guys put his car through the pizza shop window in Malvern a few years back because the campaigner was too cheap to pay for uber eats.
Ah! The adventures of Jon Anderson, Gringo. He's lucky to be alive given all his adventures on the piss. I remember as a young uniform copper in the early eighties, scraping him off the pavement in Church Street, Brighton. Almost paralytic. As we were doing the paperwork in the watch house, the dirty bastard shat himself. The Sergeant in charge just threw him in the cells with a couple of other drunks. When we went to get him out after the mandatory four hours in custody, we found he'd spewed up as well!

He was still pretty pissed, but the old Serg. Just told us to let him go and hope he didn't get killed on the way home. Those were the days before the concept of Duty of Care was known. The smell in the cell was incredible. As the junior man, I got the privilege of hosing out the mess.

David King - The Pele of the AFL
Why Pele? Does the ass clown have erectile dysfunction on top of being the current holder of being the biggest knob jockey in the AFL?

Building up quite a resume of Gold plated Douchness that may soon rival Bono!

What a total flogass
Left the scene because he knew he was over
Should be sacked like hall....far worse
But you know......boys club n all

Come on Wayne Carey still works. King has tonnes of catching up to do.

So you prefer to skip merrily down Nepean Hwy after a big GHB binge?.....;)

Being brutally honest, i have done both sadly Plugs back in the day.
Not something to be proud of, but it was a different era and clearly i was way more reckless back then!

Not advocating either here, but imo Drink Driving is far more dangerous!
Though in fairness it really comes down to your own tolerance levels!

Some people should just not be driving full stop!

I think that's a bit of an "out there " statement.
At least the cops are testing for it now. It was getting a bit concerning when people were taking drugs instead of booze, because they knew they wouldn't get caught by a booze bus.

I think that's a bit of an "out there " statement.
At least the cops are testing for it now. It was getting a bit concerning when people were taking drugs instead of booze, because they knew they wouldn't get caught by a booze bus.
I seriously doubt that this was their motivation!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seriously doubt that this was their motivation!

I think what was happening, someone would be designated driver for the night, his mates were all on the booze, so he'd smoke a bit of dope , because at that time cops weren't testing for it.
Or they'd all be doing both, but the DD would just skip the booze.

I think what was happening, someone would be designated driver for the night, his mates were all on the booze, so he'd smoke a bit of dope , because at that time cops weren't testing for it.
Or they'd all be doing both, but the DD would just skip the booze.
I'm sure that happened on occasion, but my recollection back in the day was that the two types were very different beasts!
The pot head was a world away from the heavy piss head!
These days, they seem to marry together far more often!

I'm sure that happened on occasion, but my recollection back in the day was that the two types were very different beasts!
The pot head was a world away from the heavy piss head!
These days, they seem to marry together far more often!
Honestly, if you are depending on a pot head to even turn up, let alone hang around with drunks for hours & drive you home, you're an optimist or have questionable judgement. The expression 'stoned & missed it' exists for a reason...

Honestly, if you are depending on a pot head to even turn up, let alone hang around with drunks for hours & drive you home, you're an optimist or have questionable judgement. The expression 'stoned & missed it' exists for a reason...

Nail, hammer, head. Yes, potheads seem less aggressive than pissheads, but they can be just as dangerous. Why people continue to assert pot is a harmless drug staggers me. It is a carcinogen when smoked, a psychotic when abused etc. It's a drug and like any drug it's not great for your health, especially when ingested to excess. I've seen too many lives ruined by all sorts of drugs, alcohol and pot just being two of a wide range.

It’s a fair point. Dope became far more dangerous when hydro was introduced. They accidentally bred out the anti psychotic chemical it comes with. The result for younger people has become quite devastating with strong links to mental illness.

holy s**t who gave granny a keyboard?

I know plenty of high functioning 'stoners'. Lawyers, doctors, taxi drivers. People who have lived much of their life under the influence of THC and have never had a serious car accident, heard voices, or acted in a way typical of a 'stoner'. It's not a perfect way to exist, but a lot of these people were dealing with some pretty bad upbringings, early trauma etc, and are basically self medicating. A better option would probably be some kind of counselling - but older generations never considered that stuff a real option - especially if you were a bloke.

If you're relying on some kid that smokes a joint on the weekend with a bucket of ice cream and a will ferrel movie you're gonna be let down, but many 'stoners' are probably better at doing a number of things than you are. It is considered a performance enhancing drug. If anything it makes most people a more cautious and considerate driver.

The stigma around 'pot heads' is a very black and white take on things and it's much more complex than that.

I know plenty of high functioning 'stoners'. Lawyers, doctors, taxi drivers. People who have lived much of their life under the influence of THC and have never had a serious car accident, heard voices, or acted in a way typical of a 'stoner'. It's not a perfect way to exist, but a lot of these people were dealing with some pretty bad upbringings, early trauma etc, and are basically self medicating. A better option would probably be some kind of counselling - but older generations never considered that stuff a real option - especially if you were a bloke.

If you're relying on some kid that smokes a joint on the weekend with a bucket of ice cream and a will ferrel movie you're gonna be let down, but many 'stoners' are probably better at doing a number of things than you are. It is considered a performance enhancing drug. If anything it makes most people a more cautious and considerate driver.

The stigma around 'pot heads' is a very black and white take on things and it's much more complex than that.
Don't ever forget us low functioning stoners who cause absolutely no harm to anyone!
Our day consists of Mate comes around " You gotta a joint man" Yeah man got one in my pocket, i'll just get it out
Fiddles around the pocket then says yeah here it is, No wait that's my Dick!
Then pulls out tiny spliff only to be told by mate....Geez maaan i hope your Dick is bigger than this!

Good times!

Not sure if that was directed at Drake or me? For my part, the first comment was taking the piss but the second one is a very real issue. Hydro is dangerous to the developing brains of youth.
As for the rest of your post, I agree with and identify with much of it but have serious doubts about it enhancing driving. Especially so if someone is stoned rather than ‘relaxed’

Not sure if that was directed at Drake or me? For my part, the first comment was taking the piss but the second one is a very real issue. Hydro is dangerous to the developing brains of youth.
As for the rest of your post, I agree with and identify with much of it but have serious doubts about it enhancing driving. Especially so if someone is stoned rather than ‘relaxed’
Agree re hydro being crazy strong for developing brains. I'm really only a fan of weed when it comes to helping pre diagnosed illnesses. It can be fun when you're young to smoke a joint and eat some jam on toast or something an think it's the greatest thing you've ever had, but for people who use it long term it mostly masks deeper issues. But for those people, smoking a joint normally straightens them out more than anything else.

also I wasn't really aiming my post at anyone, sorry if it was a bit aggro

Apparently he blew .10%.

That's twice the limit and that's pretty bloody bad.

However he had only completed one 6th of a session. So if you normalize that out to 100%, he actually blew the equivalent of .60%.

Which is pretty, well, dead.

The best I have seen, and I have seen a few around this figure, was .34% . One bloke was so drunk he appeared sober until I gave him a glass of water. Used to work wonders at the drunks court on Mondays at Fitzroy back in the day, 1961/62. Blokes who had been in for the weekend, give them a big drink of water just before court, and the fun would commence. There would be pleas of not guilty from poor old souls who could not stand up without.
hanging on to something. The only person not amused was the magistrate.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back