David Moyes and Man United

Remove this Banner Ad

Times are tough at huge clubs like Inter Milan, Real Madrid and Chelsea though. I mean how can he build squads at Chelsea and Real with the lack of money.

I would love to see Jose take on an actual challenge.

This isnt me saying he isnt a terrific manager though. I think he is currently the best in the world. But just saying, he has never taken on a huge challenge.

and what constitutes an actual challenge

and what constitutes an actual challenge
Well Liverpool would have been a challenge. Not having won the league in 24 years, not having the money of a Chelsea, Real Madrid. See how he goes their.

Obviously he isnt going to take the West Ham job or something like that but taking on Liverpool or perhaps someone like Atletico or Valencia in Spain and trying to break up the Barca/Madrid duopoly, that is a challenge.

In your opinion you think Mourinho has never been tested and never took on a genuine challenge and that he isn't as good as he is

But I ain't gonna say it's your opinion and it's never right or wrong, coz you're just wrong
So he takes on Porto who are the most successful team and biggest team in Portugal and wins titles. Not surprising. His CL win was however as let's remember im not saying he isnt a genius. Then he goes to Chelsea backed by billions of dollars and wins the league. Not surprising. Fails in Europe, surprising. Goes to Inter, one of the biggest, richest and most successful teams in Italy and wins a treble. Impressive but not surprising. Goes to Real Madrid and wins a league title, has billions of dollars, couldnt win the European Cup or really beat back Barca over his time their.

Now back at Chelsea with more billions of dollars.

The bloke is a genius. Has he ever taken on a real challenge. Not really no.

He had a Porto team dominating Europe for goodness sake

Ranieri had millions the season before and finished 3rd, he came in and broke the points record, and had them in the CL semi for however many times, and only we, the best team in the european competitions at the time, stopped them twice

Goes to Inter, a perennial underachiever in Italian football, took them to a historic and never before done treble, when Mancini was sacked for failing in Europe after having won the Serie A for them

You are bias and one eyed as ever

He had a Porto team dominating Europe for goodness sake

Ranieri had millions the season before and finished 3rd, he came in and broke the points record, and had them in the CL semi for however many times, and only we, the best team in the european competitions at the time, stopped them twice

Goes to Inter, a perennial underachiever in Italian football, took them to a historic and never before done treble, when Mancini was sacked for failing in Europe after having won the Serie A for them

You are bias and one eyed as ever
One eyes and bias? How so? Im not saying oh Mourinho isnt as good as Rodgers. This discussion has nothing to do with Liverpool.

I think Mourinho is the best manager in the world. Porto is the biggest and best team in Portugal. He won there. Real Madrid and Chelsea are HUGE clubs backed by billions of dollars. He won there too. Inter Milan lets not forget had won three straight Serie A titles when Mourinho took over? Is that a challenge? No.

He is a genius but taking on a challenge isnt something I have seen from him. I would love to see him say manage Spurs and see if he can take them to the top. That would be a challenge. Or take over Valencia and break up Barca/Madrid or Napoli or Fiorentina and try to take them to the top of Italy.

He just always managed the very, very top clubs in each league he goes to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You just blatantly ignore my post then goes off on something that has already been addressed

Porto dominating the Portugese league is a given, but do you know how crazy it is for them to win the CL? They haven't done it for decades. It's absolutely unheard of. He had players like Benni McCarthy dominating the competition for goodness sake

He won Inter's first CL for 40 odd years, when even under Mancini they were terrible in Europe. A historic treble never done before

Not to mention him basically putting Chelsea on the map as a club

But none of them is a sufficient challenge, heck no, because jod doesn't think so

You just blatantly ignore my post then goes off on something that has already been addressed

Porto dominating the Portugese league is a given, but do you know how crazy it is for them to win the CL? They haven't done it for decades. It's absolutely unheard of. He had players like Benni McCarthy dominating the competition for goodness sake

He won Inter's first CL for 40 odd years, when even under Mancini they were terrible in Europe. A historic treble never done before

Not to mention him basically putting Chelsea on the map as a club

But none of them is a sufficient challenge, heck no, because jod doesn't think so
Agreed with all you said. Porto winning the CL was amazing. Inter's treble amazing. I havent said he hasnt done amazing things and ive repeatedly said he is a genius.

Of course winning a treble at any club is a tremendous challenge which happens rarely.

A real challenge though away from the very top clubs is what id like to see.

We will never see it though.

It's also strange for Jose that he won the CL with Inter who hadnt won the European Cup in quite a while and of course his CL win with Porto but then cant win it with billions behind him at Real and Chelsea.

Anyways I dont think you understand what im saying by challenge.

This season for Rodgers to win the league, that's a challenge. For Mourinho at Chelsea, not so much. For Simone to win La Liga, that's a challenge. For Capello or Tata, not so much. For Hyypia at Leverkusen in the early going when he was hanging in there. That's a challenge. Pep at Bayern, not so much.

Do you understand.

No you dont. Let's move on.

Your concept of what is or isn't a challenge is terribly off

So you basically agreed that he has done unbelievable things and have made unprecedented history with his teams over the years but apparently none of them are still challenges, because you don't wanna see it as such

You are the only one who doesn't seem to understand much

Your concept of what is or isn't a challenge is terribly off

So you basically agreed that he has done unbelievable things and have made unprecedented history with his teams over the years but apparently none of them are still challenges, because you don't wanna see it as such

You are the only one who doesn't seem to understand much
Ok.. winning anything with Real Madrid is not a challenge.
Winning the league or cups with Inter who had won three straight titles before he arrived is not a challenge.
Winning the league with Porto was not a challenge.
Winning anything with Chelsea is not a challenge.

Yes winning the CL with Porto was amazing. Yes winning a treble was amazing but really the cup and league were obvious targets before the season started such was Inter's dominance. So winning the European Cup was very good.

Taking on a lower ranked side, rather than the best side in that country at the time would be a challenge. We will never see it.

Mourinho is a genius. We're arguing about nothing again.

Winning the league or cups with Inter who had won three straight titles before he arrived is not a challenge.

Seriously? Ask previous Inter managers, btw they didn't technically win 3 leagues in a row, one of them got credited to them after Juve got stripped of their titles, they finished 2nd once

Winning things with Chelsea when they haven't done for decades in their history isn't a challenge? Tell Claudio Ranieri that

He displaced the best team of all time and won the league, I would've thought that was pretty amazing.

Yes winning the CL with Porto was amazing. Yes winning a treble was amazing but really the cup and league were obvious targets before the season started such was Inter's dominance. So winning the European Cup was very good.

Taking on a lower ranked side, rather than the best side in that country at the time would be a challenge. We will never see it.

So you basically admit that he has done unprecedent, historic things with teams, and yet you're still gonna sit there and tell me those aren't challenges. You are out of your mind

Here's the thing you're forgetting in all this.

He often moves to teams that have been 'underachieving'. When payroll is sky high, so are expectations.

This scenario is quite funny. He got sacked by Chelsea because the bloke playing the bills wasn't satisfied with the silverware he had won, only that he hadn't been able to take them to The Big One. Then he went to a club where the incumbent had been sacked for exactly the same reason. Then he took that club to an unprecedented treble. And now he's back at Chelsea, after they won The Big One with a manager they sacked not all that long after anyway.

And you think managing at big clubs isn't a significant challenge? :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back