Oppo Camp David Swallow staying North until at least the end of 2024, AFTER WHICH he becomes (?) a NMFC player

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: David Swallow to North - Official Thread 2013

Ummm yes, my previous post is full of venom and anger, I thought the "good luck in 2011" was a particularly nasty comment on my behalf.

No, it's the normal thing a particularly witless troll usually finishes a post off with, in an absurd attempt to cover their tracks.

PS, interesting that you picked up that I was talking about you when I mentioned which North posters I feel are an embarrassment to your Club. I honestly thought that may go over your head, well done Gold star for you.

Well, it's pretty obvious to me that my tabling of the facts has seriously disturbed you, so by logical extension............................

Sorry to burst the media bubble but David is loving the Coast, I spoke to him at the family day on the weekend where he specifically stated that "living up here sure beats what my brothers doing" to which both I and Harro had a good chuckle. Sounds to me like little Bro may be the one courting Big Bro.

I guess time will tell.

Judd loved Perth and was going to be a one-club player too. Players say what it is expected of them.

Realistically, big fish do not move that frequently so I wouldn't have high expectation of either moving tbh.

But, if we want to land him we should probably look into trading for some of the compensation picks clubs have this year and next. If he wants to move then a first round pick and a couple of end of first round compensation picks would go a long way towards getting something done. Otherwise, the only way he would come our way is at the expense of equivalent worth in talent.

No, it's the normal thing a particularly witless troll usually finishes a post off with, in an absurd attempt to cover their tracks.

Well, it's pretty obvious to me that my tabling of the facts has seriously disturbed you, so by logical extension............................

Now who sounds cut, only one of us is ranting my young friend, too much red cordial no doubt.

Now who sounds cut, only one of us is ranting my young friend, too much red cordial no doubt.

It's the North board Iva Bigun. North posters can rant all they like here.

I look forward to Junior Spits and Murph joining up with their North heroes down the track! :thumbsu:

Let's break this down to the established points.

- Andrew loves North to the point where he turned his back on a truck load more money to stay at the club.

- Andrew is pretty much an unbackable favorite to be the clubs next captain.

- Andrew has declared that he wants to play AFL with his brother at North.

- David has declared that he wants to play AFL with his brother.

- The boys parents have declared they would love to see the boys play together.

Logical concusion: If anyone is going anywhere, it is David to North.

Sensational - Also the parents want them in Melbourne.

Go back to your own pathetic board and cry on there - you think anyone here cares about Gold Coast Suns - you p****s go behind clubs backs and steal players by offering money - well you know what we have something you will never have - history and pride.

How do you fit 40 players into a side of 22 - you cant, expect the raid to come and we are going to be the instigators by getting the best young player you have. Karmas a bi..ch.

Go back to your own pathetic board and cry on there - you think anyone here cares about Gold Coast Suns - you p****s go behind clubs backs and steal players by offering money - well you know what we have something you will never have - history and pride.

How do you fit 40 players into a side of 22 - you cant, expect the raid to come and we are going to be the instigators by getting the best young player you have. Karmas a bi..ch.

5 stars.:thumbsu:

hope you guys get him, good luck......

I hope every club raids there players in a few years, then they can see what its like....2 fake clubs built by the afl.....

Welcome David Swallow to North Melbourne.
i Welcome you to our club in 2013 to play with the 2012 Brownlow medalist and captain of north Melbourne Andrew Swallow who is also a premiership player and norm Smith medalist,with you David in our side we will now go back to back in 2014. CHEERS DAVID.

Its gonna happen in the Future.......

I wouldn't go that far. Club seems to have huge wraps on Petrie's leadership.

I'm obviously in favour of Swallow being the next captain though, as indicated on Bigfooty all the way back in 2006, 5 whole years prior to you joining this site*

*on your 6th alias
With all due respect to Dish and Mick Firrito, Andrew Swallow will be our next premiership captain. Whether David's with him or not. Should be given the captaincy next year.

With all due respect to Dish and Mick Firrito, Andrew Swallow will be our next premiership captain. Whether David's with him or not. Should be given the captaincy next year.

If captancys were given out in order of merit Brady Rawlings would be the next captain of North Melbourne.

However, the appointment has to take primarily in to account where the list is placed and we are a club that is spoiled for choice. Andrew Swallow will be the next captain of North and that appointment should be made sooner rather than later.

I'm aware that the coach has pushed Nathan Grimas name in regards to captaincy, but I would rule him out on the grounds that he has never been able to get out on the park for an extended period of time..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NORTH midfielder Andrew Swallow jokes that Melbourne may be too cold for his younger brother David. But he dares to dream about playing alongside the Gold Coast's No.1 draft choice one day.
"It's something down the track that would be great," Swallow said.
"We're both locked in to the next couple of years to our clubs (until 2013). When it gets a bit closer we'll see if it's possible.
"I'd definitely like to play with him at some stage, and Mum and Dad would love it and Dave is pretty keen as well.
"We'll wait and see, but hopefully at the Kangas would be nice."
Roos coach Brad Scott suggested recently he would make a strong bid to lure the younger Swallow to the club.

At the end of last season the established Swallow resisted more lucrative offers to remain at Arden St.
He is confident success awaits for the Roos.
"There were positives and negatives about staying and going, but in the end I'm really happy being at the club and really enjoy Brad (Scott) being coach," Swallow said.
"We're going to have a really successful four or five years and maybe more ahead. I was really keen on staying here and I enjoy Melbourne.
"It's also great working with the midfield group. They're pretty young and I look forward to seeing them develop."
The Swallow boys grew up in Perth with father Ian, an accountant, and mother Alice, a nurse. They were recruited from East Fremantle.
Ian said it would be a delight to see two of his four sons playing in the same team.
"I would love it at some point and if it can't be in Perth, I'd prefer it to be in Melbourne," he said.
"Andrew is married and he's happy in Melbourne, and David is loving the weather and lifestyle on the Gold Coast and they're a young group growing up together there.
"David's like a Nathan Buckley or Robert Harvey who just trains so hard and wants to be the best he can be. I think the team will prove a lot of people wrong and be very competitive.
"Under the system now they couldn't play together, but in 2013 they'll have a choice to make."
The parents have pencilled in Round 12 - Gold Coast v North Melbourne at Carrara - as the potential season highlight.
"That'll be an easy one for us," Swallow Sr said.
"We'll just say guys we love you, do your very best and we won't worry about the result. It should be a great game."
Wait a second,there is 4 brothers

Mr Wiper can you get down to East Freo and check out these siblings

Check out Ian as well, you never know.

Was it Andy Swallow that was getting criticised on here a couple of years back and his Dad jumped on and started scolding posters?

Was classic.

Hopefully Ian has popped back on to see how beloved both his lads are 'round here.

Would some "Stick the Gold Coast where the sun don't shine" bumper stickers get through to david if I sent them to the Gold Coast football Club?

I seem to remember North buying the best players from other clubs in the 70's under the 10 year rule to purchase your first flag, so the above is just a touch hypocritical of you but hey don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

Norths history and pride is well deserved as is the other clubs in the AFL, no better no worse and the GCFC will do the same. Deal with it we are here to stay.

I seem to remember North buying the best players from other clubs in the 70's under the 10 year rule to purchase your first flag, so the above is just a touch hypocritical of you but hey don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

Yep, and the ten year rule was an opportunity for all clubs, not just North, and Ron Joseph orchestrated a coup with the players we managed to lure to Arden St at the time. Every other club had the same chance, unlike the present setup rules afforded to GCS and GWS. There is a difference Iva Bigun.

There wasn't a salary cap to restrict clubs' ability to retain their long serving players back then either, unlike today.

It's probably a good time to revisit this thread.

Only 12 months to go.

He looks good in royal blue and white HH3.:thumbsu:

[youtube]r1f1uGurdt4[/youtube]

We could probably arrange the number 4 jumper for him also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back