Oppo Camp David Swallow staying North until at least the end of 2024, AFTER WHICH he becomes (?) a NMFC player

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: David Swallow to North - Official Thread 2013

With all due respect to Dish and Mick Firrito, Andrew Swallow will be our next premiership captain. Whether David's with him or not. Should be given the captaincy next year.

Drew Petrie should be your next captain. He just oozes leadership. If he's not given the gig it would be a slap in the face IMHO.

Drew Petrie should be your next captain. He just oozes leadership. If he's not given the gig it would be a slap in the face IMHO.

Drew has stated that the time is right for the club to instil a younger captain.

He's a tremendous clubman, our Drewie.

Why would David go to North? More chance of a premiership at Suns and more $$. If anything he would go to Freo/WCE.

Why would David go to North? More chance of a premiership at Suns and more $$. If anything he would go to Freo/WCE.

1) North are a far greater chance of a flag in the near future. GC are still at least 5-6 years away.
2) He wants to play with his brother.
3) Guy McKenna is a s**t coach.
4) There's more likelihood of better dollars at North when the GC cap comes down and Giblet Junior is still taking all the $$$$.
5) North are a real football club.

Because his brother is at north obviously.

Personally I don't think its going to happen. Would cost too much and will ruffle too many feathers in the playing group (because we'd have to trade players that aren't keen to leave).

It's good this way as it adds a bit of spice to the GC v NM games and a talking point on "who got the better swallow?"

North are a far greater chance of a flag in the near future. GC are still at least 5-6 years away. Wrong, north list is mid table calibre whilst Suns will compete from 2013 onwards.
Perhaps but has many best mates at the Suns which evens out.
He's not that bad and Hinkley is the real brains/tactition of the team.
4) There's more likelihood of better dollars at North when the GC cap comes down and Giblet Junior is still taking all the $$$$.
We have cap concessions for the next 5 years.
5) North are a real football club. I like North as a club but Suns are here for the long term and are building their own culture, without wanting to bag north, we arent the one's that sell home games all over the country, ie gc, canberra, tassie.

5) North are a real football club. I like North as a club but Suns are here for the long term and are building their own culture, without wanting to bag north, we arent the one's that sell home games all over the country, ie gc, canberra, tassie.
Hahahahahahhahah.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahhahhahhahahahahhahahahahahha.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahhahahahhahahaaahhahahahhahahahahhahahh.

F*** me, coming from a franchise club that owes it's very existence to every other club in the competition, that has got to be the funniest s**t I have ever heard.

thanks for making my day.

Wrong, north list is mid table calibre whilst Suns will compete from 2013 onwards.
Yes we did finish mid-table. Where did you guys finish again?

Brother > Mates

You mean, the guy who can't get a senior coaching position to save himself?

Yeah, you do. Despite this, it won't stop players leaving for other reasons.

I like North as a club but Suns are here for the long term and are building their own culture, without wanting to bag north, we arent the one's that sell home games all over the country, ie gc, canberra, tassie.

We aren't the only ones either. Heard of Richmond, Melbourne, Hawthorn or Western Bulldogs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North are a far greater chance of a flag in the near future. GC are still at least 5-6 years away. Wrong, north list is mid table calibre whilst Suns will compete from 2013 onwards.

Suns competing for a flag from 2013? That may be a tad optimistic:D. It'll take those kids 5 preseasons before, as a group ,they are ready to compete with the big boys on a regular basis. That that is on the assumption that they will actually be good enough. Personally I'm not of the belief that you count your draft picks and wait for sucess to roll in.

If I was you, I'd prepare myself for plenty of player departures in the short to medium term.

Wrong, north list is mid table calibre whilst Suns will compete from 2013 onwards.

3 wins and a percentage of 56 is going to turn in to finals in 24 months?

LOLOLOLOL..............

You should be grateful that it was a night game and it rained when we played GC. Otherwise, you would have been beaten by more than 20 goals.

I haven't seen any reports about David claiming he would like to spend his entire career in Queensland to be with his "best mates".

However, I have seen reports from David family claiming that he would one day like to play with his brother. A claim that David has not refuted.

You think this is a decent excuse?

David comes out of contract in 2013 and the Suns will still be parting with over 5 million of their 9 million salary cap for Giblett, Brown, Rischitelli, Bock and Krakeour, and THEN they still have to look after another 40 plus blokes.

You're tripping if you think the Suns can keep him there for money.

I like North as a club but Suns are here for the long term and are building their own culture, without wanting to bag north, we arent the one's that sell home games all over the country, ie gc, canberra, tassie.

This has nothing to do with what I intimated, and only a franchise supporter could view the notion of "real football club" in such a simplistic way.

The NMFC has been playing games all over this great nation since the 1880's.

The entire state of Queensland was only 10 years old when the NMFC came in to existance.

Awwwww, I like this one. Its funny. Can we keep it? Can we? Can we?

LOL @ cap space being taken up by Krakouer and Brown.

$1 million dollars a year between them.

Just interested in thoughts...would posters rather

A) We get Swallow for 2013, but lose Goldstein to GWS
or
B) We keep Goldstein but never get Swallow.

Take into account:
-We don't lose McIntosh and Mabon/Daw go good in VFL
-We don't give up Wells/Petrie/Swallow/Ziebell/Cunnington/Harper/Bastinac/Adams etc..any of our established players or young guns, for David Swallow. We give up the best draft picks we have + fringe players. So we would win the deal
-We develop into a very good team, winning a final in 2012 and fixing up our poor areas such as skills
-We have enough salary cap to pay one of D.Swallow or Goldstein top dollar
-You can't have both

Go.

or

Take into account:
-We don't give up Wells/Petrie/Swallow/Ziebell/Cunnington/Harper/Bastinac/Adams etc..any of our established players or young guns, for David Swallow. We give up the best draft picks we have + fringe players. So we would win the deal
-We develop into a very good team, winning a final in 2012 and fixing up our poor areas such as skills
-You can't have both

Go.

I'd be very surprised if a single credible poster didn't choose Goldy.

However, this won't be an either/or scenario.

or

Take into account:
-You can't have both

Go.

Option B.

Goldy has the potential to be the no 1 player in the AFL.

Goldstein will emulate Cox as AA Ruckman next year. Don't forget this was Goldstein's full season, i can really see Goldstein being the best ruckman in the competition in a few years time. Don't forget Goldstein's did have the most hitouts in the league and also most hitouts to advantage in the league. Would not trade Goldstein for Swallow. One Swallow is enough, two swallows is a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back