Mega Thread Dayne Beams trade (Its over, thread closed)

What do you support the club to do? (Opposition respondents will be carded)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously he is 24 has a chance to set himself up for life why wouldn't it be about me
Don't have a problem with him doing it, just personally don't think it is particularly flash to (at least to an extent) request a trade based on his father''s illness, then attempt to rule out via his management a trade to the other Queensland alternative (seemingly money-driven), then not front at the Copeland and just say his goodbyes and top it off with the egocentric twitter stuff. Good luck to him, don't wish him ill, just think he handled things poorly.

We've been arse ****ed.
By a man who cynically used his fathers illness to cover his lust for dollars.
Some followers appear happy with that.
Some followers are happy with two in two decades Premierships.
The way Collingwood went against its proclaimed "will not deal with Brisbane after 5pm Friday" should cost them 15,000 members.
But the sheep will be sheep.
And we are condemned to a period of failure to rival the UnShaw years.

We've been arse ******.
The way Collingwood went against its proclaimed "will not deal with Brisbane after 5pm Friday" should cost them 15,000 members.

It's all a game all these proclamations.
I was told on 25/9 by a Brisbane supporter that we would be offered 4, 24 & Crisp or Golby.
Yet they came out and offered pick 5.
Clubs like to give the impression to their supporters they won't cave etc.
In hindsight, the deal was pretty much done and potentially the only doubt was which player it would be.
Essendon, (as reported in the media) were keen on Crisp and when Paddy changed his mind about Lions Crisp became an option, (that's my read on it).
From our perspective, we've got a good return, (one that other supporters think is overs) for a player that wanted out and we were more than happy to move on.
Hold your head high and be proud to be a Pie:thumbsu:

We've been arse ******.
They said they would explore other options. The thing is, they ran out of options as other clubs were tied up already. GC with Malceski, GWS with the Griffen stuff. Let's not forget that Beams would have stood his ground and said "Brisbane only".
As for sheep, a bit harsh. People love the club regardless and if they want to continue to support the club even when things have gone to s**t, who the * are you to call them sheep? Are you suggesting that we become, dare I say, fair weather supporters?
I'm glad you're playing Nostradamus and predicting an extended period of doom and gloom. See you in 16 years when we win the next one.

Always hold my head high Anzacday.
Wore my colors in public when shopping last Saturday because of the stand the Pies took.
So disappointed In the outcome. We spun it to the members and flipped when it suited us.
Had they come out and said "we will will continue talk to the Lions for the best outcome for us and Beams" then I doubt that I would feel betrayed.
But we didn't, and I do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just backs up my theory...these leeches are running the comp now.

Nope..just clubs getting caught by the stupid system of free agency.
players shopping themselves around.
its a sign ifvthings to come, expect lots of player swapping in the future

Always hold my head high Anzacday.
Wore my colors in public when shopping last Saturday because of the stand the Pies took.
So disappointed In the outcome. We spun it to the members and flipped when it suited us.
Had they come out and said "we will will continue talk to the Lions for the best outcome for us and Beams" then I doubt that I would feel betrayed.
But we didn't, and I do.
Your right Black_White that statement on Friday really took the piss out of every Pies supporter.
It achieved nothing in the end.

Remaining silent on Friday would have achieved the same result in regards to the trade.
Then today they could have released a statement saying we got the best result considering Beam$ only chose the Bears.

Maybe they should consider hiring better spin doctors at the Pies. I don't think we are ALL that stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back