List Mgmt. Dean Gore (former pick 55) Traded to AFC in PD deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know how he tested for endurance at DC?
Ran a 14.1 Beep test, not a bad result.
Not sure what his 3km time trial was. Also ran a sub 3 sec 20 metre sprint, so has some speed for a guy his size.

Anyone know how he tested for endurance at DC?

Speed and elite endurance on the draft CV, kicking elite top end scores 27/30 and 30/30, and 5th overall standing vertical jump at combine, seems he ticks most boxes at the very highest level.
Some had him going in the 20's and definitely 30's so for us to get him at P55 was a big bonus after the Gregson selection, in fact I thought he surely would go straight after and we'd missed our chance.

Speed and elite endurance on the draft CV, kicking elite top end scores 27/30 and 30/30, and 5th overall standing vertical jump at combine, seems he ticks most boxes at the very highest level.
Some had him going in the 20's and definitely 30's so for us to get him at P55 was a big bonus after the Gregson selection, in fact I thought he surely would go straight after and we'd missed our chance.

He may be one that could potentially play some senior footy next year. Has a decent size already with a half decent tank. Gregson as well could potentially come in early to play that small forward role. Both have already had exposure to senior level footy in SA.

Really only Cunico that will need to be completely held back you would think.

Nice drafting by Wells this year I think. Whilst I was hopeful of gaining a KPD at some stage it's certainly not end of world stuff just yet.

Yep, definitely a good pick up, especially at 55. Looking at him he doesn't scream 'athlete' but like you said, seems to rate highly in nearly all aspects of testing. Looks a well rounded package both physically and as a player; can win his own ball inside, can run and use it well on the outside, can take a grab and hit the scoreboard.
Another good aspect year of the cat also mentioned is he looks as though he could play at senior level straight away. Along with Cockatoo we may not have to wait to long to see these guys at AFL assuming their form warrants selection. Gregson also a chance having played senior footy with Glenelg this year. He ain't big but looks as though he doesn't mind putting his body in there and winning his own ball.

He may be one that could potentially play some senior footy next year. Has a decent size already with a half decent tank. Gregson as well could potentially come in early to play that small forward role. Both have already had exposure to senior level footy in SA.

Really only Cunico that will need to be completely held back you would think.

Nice drafting by Wells this year I think. Whilst I was hopeful of gaining a KPD at some stage it's certainly not end of world stuff just yet.

Id lay money that they do not see much time (but Ive been wrong before)

Its just we more often than not draft to nurture and our second year players are more likely to break in. Lang and Jannsen would be doing all that they could to get as many game in 2015, Lang played one and Jannsen is yet to debut.

Im sure they would be trying to earn what Hartman got in 2014 ,while Hartman would be looking to proceed further perhaps to emulate Guthrie etc etc.

Then of course the not so new .... a guy like Cowan that simply must make a statement. Menzel is not coming 4th in PS runs because he wants to play VFL , I have heard him say he want IN the side by NAB Cup. Bews and Smedts would also be think (and so they should) that they should be match ready and will not be keen to move over for anyone.

And thats to squeeze into 2 spots or so. Varcoe and Christensen. Id say Ca2 will have to be amazing to get games let alone the other three. Gore may be match ready but its 14 hungry guys and 2 slices of Pizza...good luck with that.

Its just we more often than not draft to nurture and our second year players are more likely to break in. Lang and Jannsen would be doing all that they could to get as many game in 2015, Lang played one and Jannsen is yet to debut.

Im sure they would be trying to earn what Hartman got in 2014 ,while Hartman would be looking to proceed further perhaps to emulate Guthrie etc etc.

Then of course the not so new .... a guy like Cowan that simply must make a statement. Menzel is not coming 4th in PS runs because he wants to play VFL , I have heard him say he want IN the side by NAB Cup. Bews and Smedts would also be think (and so they should) that they should be match ready and will not be keen to move over for anyone.

And thats to squeeze into 2 spots or so. Varcoe and Christensen. Id say Ca2 will have to be amazing to get games let alone the other three. Gore may be match ready but its 14 hungry guys and 2 slices of Pizza...good luck with that.

I have a feeling that Cockatoo is almost a "ready to go" player. Not saying he will necessarily play round one but I certainly won't be surprised if he does. Gore and Gregson are further back the chain - but I can see both getting a handful of games next year if their VFL form vindicates it.

I just reckon this crop may be closer to playing senior footy than the 2013 draftees were at the same stage. For a start the 2 SA boys have played senior footy already. None of the 2013 group had at all to my knowledge. They also seem more physically mature - I know Jansen is a big lump but he looked more like an immature colt (to me) by comparison to Cockatoo, Gore and Gregson.

As you say though you can't fit them all in. They won't be gifted games either. But call it a hunch, I think we may see a fair bit of Cockatoo and a little of Gore and Gregson next year. Well, I hope so anyway.

Bews is an interesting one, played well in midfield in the VFL as well as defence, wouldn't surprise me if he broke into senior calculations more often next year, Jansen and Lang will be pushing hard as you say.

Now with Menzel and Cowan in the mix, these older boys aren't going to like being upstaged, you never know they might need separating! ;)

Massive write-up from Knightmare re: Gore

Dean Gore
(SA – Mid/Fwd)
Height: 183cm, Weight: 86kg, DOB: 26/06/1996
Recruited from: Sturt
Draft range: 25-65
Best position/role: Midfield – on the ball.
Strengths:
Contested ball winning ability – Gore is a strong contested ball winner and attacks the ball at pace, more often than not coming out with it. He is strong over the ball and is clean with his pickups off the deck and can take it off the deck on the move. His contested ball winning numbers were strong both through the U18 Championships and at SANFL League level.
Strength and power – Gore has a strong body and uses it to his advantage. He seemingly never goes to ground. He uses his strength over the ball to firstly win the contested ball but then can also bully his way through the contest with his forward momentum. He hits the contest at pace and has the strength and low centre of gravity to stand up in the tackle and the forward momentum to keep moving forward with the ball even through the tackle, such is his strength through the hips or get a clean handball off to a target. He will bury guys in his tackles and do some real damage when he takes guys to ground. He has the strength in the 1v1 contest to beat his guy.
Pace and endurance - Gore also for such a big bodied midfielder has excellent explosiveness, really in traffic almost always moving at full pace and going on 10m to 15m high speed bursts, exploding through the contest. He seems to have very good pace over 20m and also overs the ground well and has good endurance which is pleasing for a big bodied midfielder.
Tackling – Gore has excellent tackle numbers but in addition to that he also attacks the man with real ferocity really burying guys in his tackles and knocking the stuffing out of them making it a real strength of his game.
Skillset – Gore has a very good skillset by position. He has a long 55m kick on him and can finish on goal from range. To a target Gore is very good over short and medium distances and can when he has time and space lower his eyes but over long distances he has shown a tendency too often to blast away to a contest. By hand Gore is reliable in finding his targets consistently and in delivering cleanly.
Marking ability – Gore is a strong mark overhead and has a real strength of hands overhead. He can take marks on the lead and is also a strong mark 1v1 and can out-body his opponent in the contest for the mark. He is also a strong mark in the air displaying an excellent vertical jump.
Versatility – Gore while a midfielder first can also play in the front half and present as a marking target, provide some tackling pressure and hit forward 50 targets or hit the scoreboard. It is also not out of the question that he could as required play in the back half as he has a strong body but then also athletically and from a skill standpoint is more than good enough to make that transition into the back half if required.
Weaknesses:
Kicking under pressure - Under pressure in the contest by foot he can rush it onto his boot and kick it forward without look more than he perhaps needs to when he stands up so strongly though the tackles of opposition players.
Ability to accumulate outside – At this stage Gore as with most inside players at this stage does not find much ball outside the contest and still needs to learn where to run outside the contest to get more involved in general play.
Ability to do damage outside – Gore while quick inside the contest is not a threat at this stage to break the lines on the outside or break games open with his kicking or do anything game changing outside the contest.
What I expect will improve:
I expect Gore to continue to improve his inside game and as he progresses, to become more of a weapon in the front half as well as also learn how to find more ball outside the contest.
Who he can become?
I see Gore developing into someone similar to Josh Caddy as that similar big bodied midfielder who can at times rotate forward.
When will he be ready to play?
Gore has the ability to play as soon as season one and fit in at AFL level given his proven performance at SANFL League level.
How to best utilise him?
Through the midfield on the ball with occasional stints in the front half.
Interpretation of his numbers:
Numbers through the U18 Championships were strong collecting excellent contested ball numbers and tackle numbers. He has also in his play at SANFL League level showed that he can play and play well against the older bodies collecting strong numbers and also with strong contested ball numbers, strong clearance numbers, excellent marking numbers, a very good disposal efficiency with both his work by hand and foot good, as well as the ability to hit the scoreboard most games. Going off his play at SANFL League level Gore is capable of playing in season one.

Massive write-up from Knightmare re: Gore

Dean Gore
(SA – Mid/Fwd)
Height: 183cm, Weight: 86kg, DOB: 26/06/1996
Recruited from: Sturt
Draft range: 25-65
Best position/role: Midfield – on the ball.
Strengths:
Contested ball winning ability – Gore is a strong contested ball winner and attacks the ball at pace, more often than not coming out with it. He is strong over the ball and is clean with his pickups off the deck and can take it off the deck on the move. His contested ball winning numbers were strong both through the U18 Championships and at SANFL League level.
Strength and power – Gore has a strong body and uses it to his advantage. He seemingly never goes to ground. He uses his strength over the ball to firstly win the contested ball but then can also bully his way through the contest with his forward momentum. He hits the contest at pace and has the strength and low centre of gravity to stand up in the tackle and the forward momentum to keep moving forward with the ball even through the tackle, such is his strength through the hips or get a clean handball off to a target. He will bury guys in his tackles and do some real damage when he takes guys to ground. He has the strength in the 1v1 contest to beat his guy.
Pace and endurance - Gore also for such a big bodied midfielder has excellent explosiveness, really in traffic almost always moving at full pace and going on 10m to 15m high speed bursts, exploding through the contest. He seems to have very good pace over 20m and also overs the ground well and has good endurance which is pleasing for a big bodied midfielder.
Tackling – Gore has excellent tackle numbers but in addition to that he also attacks the man with real ferocity really burying guys in his tackles and knocking the stuffing out of them making it a real strength of his game.
Skillset – Gore has a very good skillset by position. He has a long 55m kick on him and can finish on goal from range. To a target Gore is very good over short and medium distances and can when he has time and space lower his eyes but over long distances he has shown a tendency too often to blast away to a contest. By hand Gore is reliable in finding his targets consistently and in delivering cleanly.
Marking ability – Gore is a strong mark overhead and has a real strength of hands overhead. He can take marks on the lead and is also a strong mark 1v1 and can out-body his opponent in the contest for the mark. He is also a strong mark in the air displaying an excellent vertical jump.
Versatility – Gore while a midfielder first can also play in the front half and present as a marking target, provide some tackling pressure and hit forward 50 targets or hit the scoreboard. It is also not out of the question that he could as required play in the back half as he has a strong body but then also athletically and from a skill standpoint is more than good enough to make that transition into the back half if required.
Weaknesses:
Kicking under pressure - Under pressure in the contest by foot he can rush it onto his boot and kick it forward without look more than he perhaps needs to when he stands up so strongly though the tackles of opposition players.
Ability to accumulate outside – At this stage Gore as with most inside players at this stage does not find much ball outside the contest and still needs to learn where to run outside the contest to get more involved in general play.
Ability to do damage outside – Gore while quick inside the contest is not a threat at this stage to break the lines on the outside or break games open with his kicking or do anything game changing outside the contest.
What I expect will improve:
I expect Gore to continue to improve his inside game and as he progresses, to become more of a weapon in the front half as well as also learn how to find more ball outside the contest.
Who he can become?
I see Gore developing into someone similar to Josh Caddy as that similar big bodied midfielder who can at times rotate forward.
When will he be ready to play?
Gore has the ability to play as soon as season one and fit in at AFL level given his proven performance at SANFL League level.
How to best utilise him?
Through the midfield on the ball with occasional stints in the front half.
Interpretation of his numbers:
Numbers through the U18 Championships were strong collecting excellent contested ball numbers and tackle numbers. He has also in his play at SANFL League level showed that he can play and play well against the older bodies collecting strong numbers and also with strong contested ball numbers, strong clearance numbers, excellent marking numbers, a very good disposal efficiency with both his work by hand and foot good, as well as the ability to hit the scoreboard most games. Going off his play at SANFL League level Gore is capable of playing in season one.
Smells a bit like Selwood to me, too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CR, With that CV how the heck did Wells manage to pull that off, getting him with a P55.
Takes two to tango or with AFL draft 18. So why Wells require knowledge and the willingness to call the name , he also requires that 17 other teams be distracted by the charms of others.

But not having seen him play , if KM is close to being on target with his analysis then we have added to the Selwood assist brigade. Plenty on here wanted extra inside help and he sound like fits the bill. Actually he probably is an example of what was talked about , the less loved player he may be just about as good as one more recognized and went in the 20's

I think Dean Gore offers a bit of everything. He averaged 14 possessions in SANFL seniors as an 18yo, so that's pretty decent.

Not that I've seen a lot of footage on Gore, but I don't think his decision making under pressure is a weakness. He has pace, endurance, doesn't go to ground easy, can mark and is a quick thinker.

His ability to accumulate, especially on the outside is the area he needs to work on - and that's when I think he may provide as a very good package overall.

Seems he blazes away a bit

Actually yeah I noticed that too. Bit of Shane Tuck going on there. Needs strong coaching. I suspect Selwood & co won't hesitate to give him a serve during drills if he blazes like that.

He looks a natural footballer to me. Just know were the ball is and how to get to it. I'd have to say on first sights it looks like we have done well at the draft. Let's hope they can all ske the next step to afl football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping we can get a lot more out of him than we got from Schroder.

Me too, but I don't want to over-hype the poor guy before I've seen him play even one game for our VFL team. Its not fair to compare the kid to Rich(who is a pretty unique player) based off what a four minute clip off youtube and a few draft profiles off an amiture mock draft, it just setting yourself up for disappointment and will cause a hype-backlash(see Smedts for a similar example).

I'd love to hear from someone who has actually watched him play, both the good and the bad, but he isn't the best thing since sliced bread otherwise he wouldn't have lasted to 55. This doesn't mean he isn't a good prospect but its fair to say that it is a little premature for the board to be having a circle-jerk about him at this moment.

Me too, but I don't want to over-hype the poor guy before I've seen him play even one game for our VFL team. Its not fair to compare the kid to Rich(who is a pretty unique player) based off what a four minute clip off youtube and a few draft profiles off an amiture mock draft, it just setting yourself up for disappointment and will cause a hype-backlash(see Smedts for a similar example).

I'd love to hear from someone who has actually watched him play, both the good and the bad, but he isn't the best thing since sliced bread otherwise he wouldn't have lasted to 55. This doesn't mean he isn't a good prospect but its fair to say that it is a little premature for the board to be having a circle-jerk about him at this moment.
Yes- true. And the odds are against him being any more than a depth player but I do like to dream ;)

Yes- true. And the odds are against him being any more than a depth player but I do like to dream ;)

If I remember correctly pick 55 was historically a massive outlier in over performing compared to the picks around it. So your welcome to dream, I just don't want to see the people who talking him up now put a dagger in his back in a few years when he doesn't meet there high standards.

incidentally pick 35 which we sent to Adeaide is a massive under performer, being the second worst.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back